- What you need to know about DVR on Philo 3 Years Ago
- How to watch ‘The Real Housewives of New Jersey’ online free Today 5:30 AM
- Ocasio-Cortez’s Twitch appearance isn’t a gimmick—it’s a strategy Today 4:00 AM
- Viral video shows an egg getting a hot makeover Tuesday 7:56 PM
- New Netflix feature broadcasts what you’re watching via Instagram Tuesday 6:11 PM
- Videos show alleged Covington teens harassing women, making rape jokes at march Tuesday 4:13 PM
- MAGA teen gets ‘Today Show’ interview—and people are pissed Tuesday 3:38 PM
- Family says hacker sent fake North Korean missile warning through Nest camera Tuesday 2:42 PM
- This Arizona bill would tax internet porn to fund a border wall Tuesday 2:41 PM
- This meme is asking people how they draw the letter X Tuesday 1:18 PM
- Charlie Kirk’s love of U.S. healthcare system put to the test after back problems Tuesday 1:12 PM
- Fyre Fest caterer who was left broke has received $160,000 in donations Tuesday 12:58 PM
- The YouTuber who taught a dog to give the Nazi salute on command can’t find a job Tuesday 12:24 PM
- The ‘oh yeah yeah’ meme is flooding YouTube—and KSI can’t deal Tuesday 12:20 PM
- Did this d*ck-drawing Instagram star steal her gag from a rival runner? Tuesday 12:00 PM
Tinder now has GIFs so you can flirt without words
Sometimes an emoji just isn’t enough.
BY LESLIE HORN
Sometimes a “hey, how are you?” or a clapping-hands emoji just isn’t enough to accurately express how you feel. Sometimes, you need to say it with a GIF. Now you use your standard arsenal of animated images on Tinder, too, because the dating app has added GIF support. Why even use words anymore?
Tinder partnered up with Giphy—everyone’s go-to for a quick GIF—to help make communicating with a match a little less awkward. Oh, he made a funny joke? GIF. Oh, you frickin’ love Mexican food? GIF. Words may fail. But GIFs can always express the nuances of your emotions ever so perfectly.
But be warned, this new function cannot account for any potential arguments over the proper pronunciation of GIF that may follow.
Screengrab via Tinder/YouTube