- Facebook denies moderating comments under Zuckerberg’s big free speech live stream Today 2:38 PM
- ‘My headphones’ meme proves our music is sadder than we look Today 1:53 PM
- ‘Time for an upgrade’ meme shows Kamala Harris’ team is too online Today 1:35 PM
- Prison guards reportedly mocked trans inmates in private Facebook groups Today 1:33 PM
- Gradient is the new celebrity look-alike app winning over influencers Today 12:46 PM
- Trolls accuse cosplayer of ‘appropriating’ Joker culture Today 12:28 PM
- Every Studio Ghibli movie will stream exclusively on HBO Max Today 12:24 PM
- ‘Stranger Things’ season 3 saw its highest viewer numbers yet Today 12:01 PM
- ‘We vape, we vote’ movement insists it’s real in wake of bot reports Today 12:01 PM
- Netflix will finally start cracking down on password sharing Today 11:48 AM
- PSAT memes are back! This year on TikTok and amid College Board crackdown Today 11:20 AM
- Scotland grants pardons to men, trans women convicted under homophobic laws Today 10:45 AM
- Cole Carrigan again accuses Austin McBroom of sexual assault Today 9:58 AM
- Trump’s condolences for Elijah Cummings ripped apart Today 9:24 AM
- How to watch ‘Hocus Pocus’ right now Today 9:18 AM
Tinder now has GIFs so you can flirt without words
Sometimes an emoji just isn’t enough.
BY LESLIE HORN
Sometimes a “hey, how are you?” or a clapping-hands emoji just isn’t enough to accurately express how you feel. Sometimes, you need to say it with a GIF. Now you use your standard arsenal of animated images on Tinder, too, because the dating app has added GIF support. Why even use words anymore?
Tinder partnered up with Giphy—everyone’s go-to for a quick GIF—to help make communicating with a match a little less awkward. Oh, he made a funny joke? GIF. Oh, you frickin’ love Mexican food? GIF. Words may fail. But GIFs can always express the nuances of your emotions ever so perfectly.
But be warned, this new function cannot account for any potential arguments over the proper pronunciation of GIF that may follow.
Screengrab via Tinder/YouTube