- ‘You’ star confirms his character is queer and ‘never will be’ straight 4 Years Ago
- This Twitch streamer pooped his pants during a broadcast 4 Years Ago
- Apple’s iCloud encryption plan halted amid FBI pressure, report Today 10:57 AM
- Glenn Greenwald charged with cybercrimes in Brazil Today 10:48 AM
- BadBunny rips her fans for not sending her enough money Today 10:06 AM
- White rapper punched in the face for saying the N-word during battle Today 9:21 AM
- Hillary Clinton blasts Bernie Sanders, says ‘nobody likes him’ Today 8:57 AM
- Someone found Harry Styles’ doppelganger—and TikTok is obsessed Today 8:08 AM
- Patrick Stewart has spoken to Kevin Feige about playing Professor X again Today 7:16 AM
- ‘Shrill’ season 2 expands its world and point of view Today 7:00 AM
- Trans/Sex: Let trans art be messy, weird, and uncomfortable Today 6:00 AM
- Pediatrician gets death threats after pro-vaccine TikTok video Monday 9:37 PM
- This Australia-themed dildo is raising money to fight the bushfires Monday 8:26 PM
- Influencers say they’ve received unwanted sexual solicitations worth thousands Monday 7:39 PM
- Pregnant woman masterfully trolls gender-obsessed relative Monday 3:05 PM
Tinder now has GIFs so you can flirt without words
Sometimes an emoji just isn’t enough.
BY LESLIE HORN
Sometimes a “hey, how are you?” or a clapping-hands emoji just isn’t enough to accurately express how you feel. Sometimes, you need to say it with a GIF. Now you use your standard arsenal of animated images on Tinder, too, because the dating app has added GIF support. Why even use words anymore?
Tinder partnered up with Giphy—everyone’s go-to for a quick GIF—to help make communicating with a match a little less awkward. Oh, he made a funny joke? GIF. Oh, you frickin’ love Mexican food? GIF. Words may fail. But GIFs can always express the nuances of your emotions ever so perfectly.
But be warned, this new function cannot account for any potential arguments over the proper pronunciation of GIF that may follow.
Screengrab via Tinder/YouTube