- Anti-Trump bros Ed and Brian Krassenstein get kicked off Twitter Thursday 8:07 PM
- Amazon is trying to solve pushback on facial recognition software with a web form Thursday 6:56 PM
- T.I. says Nipsey Hussle’s death was ‘like losing Iron Man’ Thursday 6:32 PM
- Facebook banned billions of fake accounts in the first 3 months of this year Thursday 5:49 PM
- Twitch streamer gets banned for drunkenly passing out during broadcast Thursday 5:00 PM
- WikiLeaks’ Julian Assange indicted under Espionage Act Thursday 4:39 PM
- These doctored videos want to make you think Nancy Pelosi is always drunk Thursday 4:02 PM
- A robot could soon be delivering your packages from a self-driving car Thursday 3:29 PM
- Bipartisan anti-robocall bill overwhelmingly passes Senate Thursday 2:40 PM
- Deepfake-style videos can now be made with just a single image Thursday 1:57 PM
- The Lonely Island’s ‘Bash Brothers’ is what Netflix should be doing with short-form comedy Thursday 1:55 PM
- ‘Green dress lady’ proves green screen memes are still going strong Thursday 1:45 PM
- ‘Bowling alley strike screen’ memes are bizarre and wonderful Thursday 12:40 PM
- TikTok star Mohit Mor shot and killed Thursday 12:00 PM
- Stephen A. Smith is baby Thursday 11:43 AM
Tinder now has GIFs so you can flirt without words
Sometimes an emoji just isn’t enough.
BY LESLIE HORN
Sometimes a “hey, how are you?” or a clapping-hands emoji just isn’t enough to accurately express how you feel. Sometimes, you need to say it with a GIF. Now you use your standard arsenal of animated images on Tinder, too, because the dating app has added GIF support. Why even use words anymore?
Tinder partnered up with Giphy—everyone’s go-to for a quick GIF—to help make communicating with a match a little less awkward. Oh, he made a funny joke? GIF. Oh, you frickin’ love Mexican food? GIF. Words may fail. But GIFs can always express the nuances of your emotions ever so perfectly.
But be warned, this new function cannot account for any potential arguments over the proper pronunciation of GIF that may follow.
Screengrab via Tinder/YouTube