- Senators fear government shutdown may affect FTC investigation of Facebook 2 Weeks Ago
- Buy beer for a furloughed government worker with this new website 2 Weeks Ago
- Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez is teaching Congress how to tweet Today 2:42 PM
- Congressmen held genetics meeting with Chuck Johnson, despite his past racist claims about genetics Today 2:26 PM
- Female bodyguard thriller ‘Close’ is disappointingly un-thrilling Today 2:01 PM
- Twitter faces backlash for insensitive ‘triggers’ joke Today 1:13 PM
- 10 user-recommended sites for live tarot readings that are almost too good to be true Today 12:08 PM
- AsapSCIENCE comes for Jake Paul over Mystery Brand scam Today 11:34 AM
- Why ‘I never thought of it like that’ can actually be deeply offensive Today 11:26 AM
- Save 40% on the Fire TV Stick 4K when you rent textbooks through Amazon Today 11:05 AM
- Netflix reportedly used real disaster footage in ‘Bird Box’ Today 10:53 AM
- Holocaust denier Chuck Johnson spotted with 2 congressmen in Capitol Today 10:30 AM
- YouTuber who made popular Darth Vader fan film prevails in copyright fight Today 10:09 AM
- Mariah Carey says she ‘doesn’t acknowledge time’ in her 10-year challenge photos Today 10:06 AM
- Beto O’Rourke under fire for supporting controversial Thin Blue Line Act Today 9:26 AM
An Italian couple is warming hearts across the globe after a video of their proposal in the sky has gone viral.
Stefano Inve planned to propose to his girlfriend, Vittoria Stabile, on a flight from Rome to Dubai. The twist: Stabile is a flight attendant with Emirates airlines and was working on the flight. Inve corralled the whole cabin crew, as well as the passengers, into making the surprise proposal.
Without her knowing, Inve, the crew, and the passengers decorated the cabin of the plane with hearts, streamers, and balloons. Emirates posted a video of everyone preparing the cabin for Stabile—and, of course, the proposal—in all its breathtakingly sweet glory.
In the video, Stabile comes out from behind the curtain into the cabin and immediately stops in shock. Besides the decorated cabin, passengers are holding up cardboard cutouts of Inve over their faces and signs declaring his love for her. Stabile can be seen fighting back tears as she walks down the aisle of the plane and passengers hand her roses. The passengers and crew clap and smile as she walks past and slowly gathers a full bouquet.
When Sabile reaches the galley of the plane, Inve is there waiting for her. She sets down the roses and they embrace as a crew member stands behind them holding gold “S” and “V” balloons. Inve gets down on one knee to pop the question, and Sabile gives a smiling, tearful nod. As he gently slides the ring onto her finger, the plane explodes in applause.
The Instagram post by Emirates of the proposal has over 550,000 views, and the comments are full of congratulations and well wishes for the newly engaged Italian couple. As the Emirates said on Instagram, “Love is in the air(plane).”
Alex Dalbey is a writer and zinester currently working out of St. Paul, Minnesota. They have bylines at The Daily Dot, Kill Screen, and Bullet Points. Follow them on Twitter @thedialogtree