- Disney+ TV characters like Ms. Marvel will appear in MCU movies 10 Months Ago
- Apple TV+ offers something for younger viewers with ‘Helpsters’ 10 Months Ago
- How to watch ‘The Mandalorian’ 10 Months Ago
- ‘Snoopy in Space’ is a delightful kids show that parents will love too Today 7:08 AM
- How to watch ‘Lady and the Tramp’ Today 7:00 AM
- Netflix’s ‘Let It Snow’ delivers a stocking full of rom-com coal Today 6:41 AM
- Student allegedly posted roommate’s ‘missing’ flyer on Instagram before being charged with her murder Monday 11:45 PM
- Reddit AITA: Man verbally abused partner through cat impersonations Monday 7:18 PM
- Facebook finally lets you kill distracting navigation bar notifications Monday 6:14 PM
- Artist says Thinx underwear campaign ripped off their memes (updated) Monday 5:48 PM
- Google reportedly gathering millions of Americans’ personal health records Monday 5:00 PM
- Trina goes off on Walmart shopper who allegedly called her the ‘N-word’ Monday 4:14 PM
- Bored of Helvetica? iOS users finally have some new font options Monday 4:00 PM
- Amid panic, YouTube says new terms of service won’t impact creators Monday 3:56 PM
- Opposing sides fight to control online narrative over Bolivian ‘coup’ Monday 3:50 PM
An Italian couple is warming hearts across the globe after a video of their proposal in the sky has gone viral.
Stefano Inve planned to propose to his girlfriend, Vittoria Stabile, on a flight from Rome to Dubai. The twist: Stabile is a flight attendant with Emirates airlines and was working on the flight. Inve corralled the whole cabin crew, as well as the passengers, into making the surprise proposal.
Without her knowing, Inve, the crew, and the passengers decorated the cabin of the plane with hearts, streamers, and balloons. Emirates posted a video of everyone preparing the cabin for Stabile—and, of course, the proposal—in all its breathtakingly sweet glory.
In the video, Stabile comes out from behind the curtain into the cabin and immediately stops in shock. Besides the decorated cabin, passengers are holding up cardboard cutouts of Inve over their faces and signs declaring his love for her. Stabile can be seen fighting back tears as she walks down the aisle of the plane and passengers hand her roses. The passengers and crew clap and smile as she walks past and slowly gathers a full bouquet.
When Sabile reaches the galley of the plane, Inve is there waiting for her. She sets down the roses and they embrace as a crew member stands behind them holding gold “S” and “V” balloons. Inve gets down on one knee to pop the question, and Sabile gives a smiling, tearful nod. As he gently slides the ring onto her finger, the plane explodes in applause.
The Instagram post by Emirates of the proposal has over 550,000 views, and the comments are full of congratulations and well wishes for the newly engaged Italian couple. As the Emirates said on Instagram, “Love is in the air(plane).”
Alex Dalbey is a writer and zinester currently living in Saint Paul, Minnesota. They have written for The Daily Dot, Kill Screen, The Lingerie Addict, and Bullet Points.