- Fortnite streamer Tfue sues gaming organization FaZe Clan over contract dispute Today 12:28 AM
- Report finds some users can’t opt out of Facebook’s face recognition Monday 7:27 PM
- Get emotional over this real-life pastor baptizing an anime girl in virtual reality Monday 6:53 PM
- Twitter wants to know what Jack in the Box did to offend Kim Kardashian Monday 6:38 PM
- ‘Game of Thrones’ meme claims King’s Landing is an ‘inside job’ Monday 6:06 PM
- Report: Personal data of 49 million Instagram influencers exposed online Monday 4:57 PM
- ‘Stranger Things’ season 3 trailer teases a wet, hot American summer Monday 4:02 PM
- What Daenerys’ biggest ‘Game of Thrones’ scenes have in common with Nazi propaganda Monday 3:12 PM
- Here’s what’s coming to Amazon Prime in June Monday 2:11 PM
- Where did Jon Snow go? Unpacking the ‘Game of Thrones’ ending Monday 2:04 PM
- So, did anyone actually win ‘Game of Thrones’? Monday 1:29 PM
- The surprising religious subtext of ‘John Wick: Chapter 3’ Monday 12:53 PM
- Robin Arryn got hot—and the internet is seriously shook Monday 12:40 PM
- Tana Mongeau is going to VidCon a year after TanaCon disaster Monday 12:12 PM
- What have 2020 Democrats said about Alabama’s abortion ban? Monday 11:36 AM
An Italian couple is warming hearts across the globe after a video of their proposal in the sky has gone viral.
Stefano Inve planned to propose to his girlfriend, Vittoria Stabile, on a flight from Rome to Dubai. The twist: Stabile is a flight attendant with Emirates airlines and was working on the flight. Inve corralled the whole cabin crew, as well as the passengers, into making the surprise proposal.
Without her knowing, Inve, the crew, and the passengers decorated the cabin of the plane with hearts, streamers, and balloons. Emirates posted a video of everyone preparing the cabin for Stabile—and, of course, the proposal—in all its breathtakingly sweet glory.
In the video, Stabile comes out from behind the curtain into the cabin and immediately stops in shock. Besides the decorated cabin, passengers are holding up cardboard cutouts of Inve over their faces and signs declaring his love for her. Stabile can be seen fighting back tears as she walks down the aisle of the plane and passengers hand her roses. The passengers and crew clap and smile as she walks past and slowly gathers a full bouquet.
When Sabile reaches the galley of the plane, Inve is there waiting for her. She sets down the roses and they embrace as a crew member stands behind them holding gold “S” and “V” balloons. Inve gets down on one knee to pop the question, and Sabile gives a smiling, tearful nod. As he gently slides the ring onto her finger, the plane explodes in applause.
The Instagram post by Emirates of the proposal has over 550,000 views, and the comments are full of congratulations and well wishes for the newly engaged Italian couple. As the Emirates said on Instagram, “Love is in the air(plane).”
Alex Dalbey is a writer and zinester currently living in Saint Paul, Minnesota. They have written for The Daily Dot, Kill Screen, The Lingerie Addict, and Bullet Points.