Online dating profiles are infuriating to write, just because there’s almost no way to sound either like a complete dullard or a sexual predator. Everyone likes “music” or “good food” or “the outdoors,” and you just have to hope that any matches are actually interesting people behind their stilted online personas.
However, now Tinder is trying to help you out by telling matches your most played songs on Spotify.
Music taste can say a lot about a person, and the new partnership will allow people to play your top Spotify songs right from your Tinder profile—as if your nonstop repeats of Will Smith’s “Wild Wild West” weren’t embarrassing enough. Tinder will also let users post their favorite songs under the new “Anthems” section.
So, what does your favorite song signal to someone flipping through your profile?
• “Pony” by Ginuwine: I will never stop comparing you to Channing Tatum.
• “You’re So Vain” by Carly Simon: I definitely just got out of a relationship.
• “Hot in Herre” by Nelly: I’m just trying to help Nelly out.
• “All Star” by Smash Mouth: LOL remember the 90s? I listen to all music ironically.
• “Smooth” by Santana ft. Rob Thomas: You may think I listen to all music ironically, but that opening drum fill is on point/I work in media.
• “Monster” by Kanye West: Let’s make fun of Jay Z’s verse together.
• “Don’t Stop Believin’” by Journey: I will never stop trying to recreate sophomore year of college.
• “Formation” by Beyonce: JK Lemonade isn’t on Spotify.