- Majority of threats made since El Paso and Dayton shootings have been made online Thursday 8:00 PM
- Miley Cyrus tweets about cheating allegations and penis cake drama Thursday 6:32 PM
- ‘The Dark Crystal: Age of Resistance’ dazzles with a timely tale Thursday 6:00 PM
- The DOJ emailed a white nationalist blog post to immigration judges Thursday 5:31 PM
- The Amazon rainforest is on fire–and people are using memes to cope Thursday 4:11 PM
- Microsoft contractors listened in on Xbox users Thursday 2:15 PM
- Anti-vaxxer assaults pro-vaccine lawmaker on Facebook Live (updated) Thursday 2:15 PM
- Oreos licked by singer Lewis Capaldi are being auctioned off on eBay Thursday 1:54 PM
- Zach Braff predicted Sean Spicer would be on ‘Dancing With the Stars’ 2 years ago Thursday 1:38 PM
- NYPD sergeant who watched Eric Garner die punished with lost vacation days Thursday 1:27 PM
- Brie Larson haters have a meltdown over a joke about Thor’s hammer Thursday 1:26 PM
- This comedian attempted to make fun of women on Twitter—and it did not go over well Thursday 1:04 PM
- Logan Paul wants to help the Amazon rainforest Thursday 12:36 PM
- Nutaku announces redesign and filters for LGBTQ porn games (updated) Thursday 12:25 PM
- This video of dozens of inflatable mattresses taking off in the wind is perfect Thursday 12:20 PM
Forget selfies: Farmers’ ‘felfies’ are all the rage
Finally, it happened: someone managed to make a tolerable type of selfie.
You know that the selfie craze has well and truly escaped the clutches of teen girls on Instagram when the latest meme is middle-aged British farmers taking pictures with their livestock.
The farm selfie, or “felfie”, caught on thanks to a “Selfie on the Farm” contest in Irish Farmers Journal magazine. The winner, determined by the number of Facebook Likes, was a selfie by Irish farmer PJ Ryan posing with his cattle (pictured at top).
Looking at some of the photos submitted to the contest (and the casual farmer selfies posted on Imgur), you kind of find yourself wanting to hang out with these guys. Who wouldn’t want to be friends with someone who poses for gangsta selfies with a sheep smoking a cigarette? Not to mention the girl posing with her pet goose… and an axe.
No one is cooler than these farmers. Just chillaxing with a herd of cows, Snapchatting their bros. They are living the dream.
Photos via BeansandToast / Imgur
Gavia Baker-Whitelaw is a staff writer at the Daily Dot, covering geek culture and fandom. Specializing in sci-fi movies and superheroes, she also appears as a film and TV critic on BBC radio. Elsewhere, she co-hosts the pop culture podcast Overinvested. Follow her on Twitter: @Hello_Tailor