- The ’24 hours to respond’ meme holds celebrities to a higher standard Monday 8:46 PM
- Twitter users miss the kids who walked in on their dad’s interview Monday 8:40 PM
- ‘The Thing About Men’ Twitter hashtag is full of sarcasm and misogyny Monday 7:27 PM
- This woman said Hillary Clinton losing the 2016 election gave her PTSD, and people are furious Monday 6:45 PM
- Vanessa Bryant files a lawsuit against helicopter company after deaths of Kobe and Gianna Monday 5:49 PM
- Michael Jordan cries at Kobe Bryant memorial, jokes about creating a new meme Monday 4:43 PM
- Woman’s boyfriend says it’s him or the frogs—Reddit says choose the frogs Monday 4:22 PM
- Greyhound buses will no longer allow Border Patrol checks Monday 4:04 PM
- ‘Eat Them To Defeat Them’ is oddly about vegetables—not about eating the rich Monday 3:26 PM
- Marco Rubio mocked for filming talking while driving socialism critique Monday 2:54 PM
- QAnon believer asks Trump’s campaign press secretary who Q is Monday 2:36 PM
- Octavia Spencer has discovered ‘Ma’ memes—and she can’t get enough Monday 2:09 PM
- Meet the anti-Greta Thunberg, a climate ‘skeptic’ funded by the oil industry Monday 1:12 PM
- Harvey Weinstein convicted of rape and sexual assault Monday 12:56 PM
- Senator calls Facebook’s current election disinformation efforts ‘inadequate’ in letter Monday 12:11 PM
Forget selfies: Farmers’ ‘felfies’ are all the rage
Finally, it happened: someone managed to make a tolerable type of selfie.
You know that the selfie craze has well and truly escaped the clutches of teen girls on Instagram when the latest meme is middle-aged British farmers taking pictures with their livestock.
The farm selfie, or “felfie”, caught on thanks to a “Selfie on the Farm” contest in Irish Farmers Journal magazine. The winner, determined by the number of Facebook Likes, was a selfie by Irish farmer PJ Ryan posing with his cattle (pictured at top).
Looking at some of the photos submitted to the contest (and the casual farmer selfies posted on Imgur), you kind of find yourself wanting to hang out with these guys. Who wouldn’t want to be friends with someone who poses for gangsta selfies with a sheep smoking a cigarette? Not to mention the girl posing with her pet goose… and an axe.
No one is cooler than these farmers. Just chillaxing with a herd of cows, Snapchatting their bros. They are living the dream.
Photos via BeansandToast / Imgur
Gavia Baker-Whitelaw is a staff writer at the Daily Dot, covering geek culture and fandom. Specializing in sci-fi movies and superheroes, she also appears as a film and TV critic on BBC radio. Elsewhere, she co-hosts the pop culture podcast Overinvested. Follow her on Twitter: @Hello_Tailor