- How to stream Tottenham Hotspur vs. Watford Friday 9:00 PM
- How to stream Barcelona vs. Eibar Friday 6:00 PM
- How to stream ‘Bigfoot’ Silva vs. Gabriel Gonzaga in BKFC Friday 6:00 PM
- Demi Lovato’s nude photos allegedly leaked on Snapchat Friday 3:07 PM
- NBA TV is the new streaming service for basketball fanatics Friday 3:02 PM
- California residents will get cell phone alerts seconds before earthquakes Friday 2:29 PM
- How to stream Real Madrid vs. RCD Mallorca Friday 2:00 PM
- Trump accused of ‘using the language of ethnic cleansing’ regarding Kurds Friday 1:42 PM
- Hillary Clinton also thinks Tulsi Gabbard is a Russian bot Friday 1:13 PM
- TikTok girls dancing to voicemails from sh*tty exes is a vibe Friday 12:34 PM
- Netflix reports strong growth—but it faces 3 major hurdles in Q4 Friday 12:33 PM
- Telegram is hosting videos of extrajudicial killings in Syria Friday 12:32 PM
- ‘El Camino: A Breaking Bad Movie’ tops 8 million viewers in first week Friday 11:31 AM
- ‘Uncut Gems’ brings a high-stakes gambling risk to life Friday 11:29 AM
- Mark Zuckerberg gives a revisionist history about why he started Facebook in big speech Friday 10:52 AM
The Internet is swooning over the sad story behind an eBay wedding dress
“I wish any lady who takes this dress to have a life with her loved one, 56 years like I did, happy years.”
“I wish any lady who takes this dress to have a life with her loved one, 56 years like I did, happy years,” reads the note. “I was a lucky man to marry a lady like mine.”
The dress (and note) turned up at a store that supports St. Gemma’s Hospice, which provides care for medical patients suffering from cancer and other terminal illnesses. The note generated all kinds of local interest, so the hospice put the dress on eBay to make it available around the world. It worked, and now the beautiful lace wedding dress has gone viral.
“Overall this dress is in great condition for its age,” the item description reads. “There are no visible holes or tears in the fabric and there is no apparent discoloration[…] There is a large stain on the bottom layer of the skirt, however this is again not visible when the netting is over the top.”
The mystery donor wants to remain anonymous, but he is “over the moon” that the wedding dress is on eBay.
“He is a big fan of St Gemma’s Hospice and is overwhelmed with the international attention that his late wife’s dress is generating,” reads a Facebook post by the hospice. “He is so happy and proud that the hospice will benefit from funds raised by the auction of the dress […] We have thanked him so much for his kindness and he would like to thank everyone for their support.”
The bidding for the dress is currently at £550, or $852. Proceeds will be donated to the St. Gemma’s Hospice charity.
Dylan Love is an editorial consultant and journalist whose reporting interests include emergent technology, digital media, and Russian language and culture. He is a former staff writer for the Daily Dot, and his work has been published by Business Insider, International Business Times, Men's Journal, and the Next Web.