- Videos show alleged Covington teens harassing women, making rape jokes at march 2 Years Ago
- MAGA teen gets ‘Today Show’ interview—and people are pissed 2 Years Ago
- Family says hacker sent fake North Korean missile warning through Nest camera Today 2:42 PM
- This Arizona bill would tax internet porn to fund a border wall Today 2:41 PM
- This meme is asking people how they draw the letter X Today 1:18 PM
- Charlie Kirk’s love of U.S. healthcare system put to the test after back problems Today 1:12 PM
- Fyre Fest caterer who was left broke has received $160,000 in donations Today 12:58 PM
- The YouTuber who taught a dog to give the Nazi salute on command can’t find a job Today 12:24 PM
- The ‘oh yeah yeah’ meme is flooding YouTube—and KSI can’t deal Today 12:20 PM
- Did this d*ck-drawing Instagram star steal her gag from a rival runner? Today 12:00 PM
- Rep. Steve King, best known for his racism, tweets a fake MLK quote Today 11:54 AM
- Facebook is helping husbands ‘brainwash’ their wives with targeted ads Today 11:35 AM
- Twitch streamer Pink_Sparkles responds to gamers who don’t think she belongs Today 11:29 AM
- ‘Black Panther’ nabs 7 Oscar nominations, including best picture Today 10:49 AM
- Somehow Kamala Harris will have to run for president without Bill O’Reilly’s endorsement Today 10:15 AM
DJ Khaled’s first son was born on Saturday and you can see how it went down thanks to his Snapchat.
When it’s a plain matter of the public record that all someone does is win, you certainly don’t expect them to downplay the birth of their first child. Just look at what DJ Khaled got up to on Saturday. The Major Key star was at a hospital, anxiously awaiting his wife Nicole Tuck’s delivery of their first child, and he decided to do it big.
Khaled Snapchatted the whole thing, from the water-breaking to the delivery. He even pumped in some music, including a few of his own tracks to help strike a celebratory mood, as well as the Islamic call to worship, as Khaled is a practicing Muslim.
The rapid-fire nature of the snaps makes for a strange, funny, and sometimes striking scene. They’ve been cobbled together into a YouTube video so that you can watch them back-to-back-to-back, reliving one of the biggest days of the exuberant rapper’s life. Be forewarned, the footage can get a little graphic. It is, after all, video of a birth in progress.
No matter the setting, DJ Khaled knows how to have a good time. It’s clear from watching the snaps that this wasn’t some kind of calculated, cool-heeled publicity stunt that elbowed out his genuine emotion or feeling, either. He seemed downright overjoyed and awed by the whole thing, never more so than when the words “I LOVE YOU SON” appear, along with the baby’s wails in the background. Keys to success might be an understatement on this one.
Luckily for the little guy, it sounds like he won’t have too much to cry about once he’s settled in. Back in May, Khaled told People that he plans to spoil his children:
I want to spoil our kids and give them everything. There’s no limit to the spoiling that I’m going to do. I’m going to spoil them to the minute they in my hands. I’m going all out.
If anyone had the right to be a little irked by the proceedings, it’s Tuck, who had the considerable task of pushing the little guy out into the world, at points with her husband’s tracks pumping in the background. It’s entirely possibly she enjoyed the atmosphere as much as he did, though. Everyone gets down in different ways, even when it’s birthing time.
Chris Tognotti is a frequent contributor for the Daily Dot. He’s a news and current events writer based out of Berkeley, California, and a co-host of the podcast Now We Know. While he specializes in domestic politics and opinion writing, he’s also savvy on sports, video games, and film.