- Ohio KKK rally met with massive counter-protest and witty signs from local businesses Saturday 5:06 PM
- Guy who said he stole drugs from MS-13 now says viral story is fake Saturday 4:07 PM
- Financial service company left 885 million private records exposed online Saturday 3:13 PM
- Sasha Obama went to prom and Twitter is delighted with the photos Saturday 2:22 PM
- Jon Voight says Trump is the greatest president since Lincoln in Twitter videos Saturday 1:31 PM
- #DeleteFacebook gains momentum after the platform refused to remove doctored Nancy Pelosi videos Saturday 11:58 AM
- ‘Game of Thrones’ failed women—and it’s a shame on its legacy Saturday 7:40 AM
- How to use Tor, the network that lets you browse the web anonymously Saturday 7:30 AM
- How to live stream Devin Haney vs. Antonio Moran on DAZN Saturday 7:00 AM
- Trump’s transphobic policies are disgusting—but they aren’t new Saturday 6:30 AM
- How to watch the Copa del Rey Final online for free Saturday 5:45 AM
- How to watch the DFB-Pokal final for free Saturday 5:30 AM
- Curvy Wife Guy drops music video for rap song ‘Chubby Sexy’ Friday 7:33 PM
- A ‘Black Mirror’-inspired miniseries is coming to YouTube via Netflix Latin America Friday 5:56 PM
- Kanye West appears on David Letterman’s Netflix show to talk Trump, TMZ, and Drake Friday 3:27 PM
Little girl’s Disney princess-themed adoption hearing is a dream come true
Foster services dress up for girl’s adoption day.
Earlier this week, 5-year-old Danielle Koning arrived at court for her adoption finalization. It would have been an emotional day no matter what, but Samaritas foster care made it even more special. To surprise her, Koning’s caseworker and her coworkers all dressed as Disney princesses. Even the judge got in on the action!
In a video released by Samaritas, Koning, a huge Disney princesses fan, is surprised and delighted by the princess fanfare in the courtroom. “I’m just blown away at the amount of support and how much all my co-workers jumped on board,” Kristin Grey, Koning’s caseworker told MLive.com. Eight of her coworkers dressed as various princesses, and even the judge took off her robe to reveal a Snow White costume underneath.
Screenshot via Vimeo
Koning, who along with new 1-year-old sister Neveah was adopted by Jim and Sarah Koning, said after the hearing, “It was a lot of fun. I was happy to see all the princesses who came for me, and I really liked what they said to me.”
The whole thing is pretty damn cute, and there should probably be more costumes involved in court. Divorce proceedings, but dressed as your favorite Marvel characters? I’m in.
Jaya Saxena is a lifestyle writer and editor whose work focuses primarily on women's issues and web culture. Her writing has appeared in GQ, ELLE, the Toast, the New Yorker, Tthe Hairpin, BuzzFeed, Racked, Eater, Catapult, and others. She is the co-author of 'Dad Magazine,' the author of 'The Book Of Lost Recipes,' and the co-author of 'Basic Witches.'