- Woman documents how airport staff broke her wheelchair 3 Years Ago
- Funeral home allegedly posted photos of woman’s dead body on social media Today 1:56 PM
- Alinity Divine is being investigated after throwing her cat during stream Today 12:04 PM
- ‘Comedians In Cars Getting Coffee’ returns with Seinfeld making a racist joke about China Today 10:26 AM
- YouTubers Eugenia Cooney and Shane Dawson make a joint comeback Today 9:06 AM
- The crushing effects of Trump’s abortion ‘gag rule’ on healthcare Today 8:00 AM
- How to live stream Pacquiao vs. Thurman Today 6:20 AM
- Review: Hulu with Live TV ensures you always have something to watch Today 6:00 AM
- How to live stream UFC on ESPN 4: Rafael dos Anjos vs. Leon Edwards Today 5:49 AM
- 2020 Democrats refuse to answer our questions about ‘Cats’ Friday 4:14 PM
- Belle Delphine’s Instagram account removed after mass reporting campaign Friday 4:08 PM
- Mariah Carey refuses old-age FaceApp challenge Friday 3:19 PM
- Journalists horrified by consolidation of Gatehouse, Gannett Friday 3:12 PM
- Facebook and Google could be tracking you on porn sites Friday 1:42 PM
- 7 best sites for psychic love readings Friday 1:20 PM
Little girl’s Disney princess-themed adoption hearing is a dream come true
Foster services dress up for girl’s adoption day.
Earlier this week, 5-year-old Danielle Koning arrived at court for her adoption finalization. It would have been an emotional day no matter what, but Samaritas foster care made it even more special. To surprise her, Koning’s caseworker and her coworkers all dressed as Disney princesses. Even the judge got in on the action!
In a video released by Samaritas, Koning, a huge Disney princesses fan, is surprised and delighted by the princess fanfare in the courtroom. “I’m just blown away at the amount of support and how much all my co-workers jumped on board,” Kristin Grey, Koning’s caseworker told MLive.com. Eight of her coworkers dressed as various princesses, and even the judge took off her robe to reveal a Snow White costume underneath.
Screenshot via Vimeo
Koning, who along with new 1-year-old sister Neveah was adopted by Jim and Sarah Koning, said after the hearing, “It was a lot of fun. I was happy to see all the princesses who came for me, and I really liked what they said to me.”
The whole thing is pretty damn cute, and there should probably be more costumes involved in court. Divorce proceedings, but dressed as your favorite Marvel characters? I’m in.
Jaya Saxena is a lifestyle writer and editor whose work focuses primarily on women's issues and web culture. Her writing has appeared in GQ, ELLE, the Toast, the New Yorker, Tthe Hairpin, BuzzFeed, Racked, Eater, Catapult, and others. She is the co-author of 'Dad Magazine,' the author of 'The Book Of Lost Recipes,' and the co-author of 'Basic Witches.'