- Indie game publisher announces Playdate, a console with a hand crank Wednesday 8:18 PM
- How to get The Sims 4 for free Wednesday 7:45 PM
- Trump’s Rose Garden podium sign is the perfect meme canvas Wednesday 7:34 PM
- Forest Whitaker to produce adaptation of novel ‘Hello, Universe’ for Netflix Wednesday 6:58 PM
- Baltimore still refuses to pay hackers who hit city with ransomware Wednesday 5:34 PM
- Net neutrality advocates slam ‘extremely troubling’ letter circulating among some House Dems Wednesday 4:52 PM
- Moms and grandmas are infiltrating TikTok Wednesday 4:35 PM
- Did Britain’s head Brexiter hide in a bus to avoid getting hit by a milkshake? Wednesday 4:26 PM
- This woman who thought she saw a handmaid about to jump from a building is very relieved Wednesday 4:18 PM
- Michael Avenatti allegedly defrauded Stormy Daniels to pay for a Ferrari Wednesday 3:53 PM
- HBO has no plans for an Arya Stark spinoff series Wednesday 3:28 PM
- Republicans and Democrats agree on dangers of facial recognition tech Wednesday 3:18 PM
- Amazon is using video games and ‘swag bucks’ to incentivize workers Wednesday 3:04 PM
- Here’s what’s coming and going on Netflix in June Wednesday 2:46 PM
- This Michael Jackson makeup meme is sweeping TikTok Wednesday 2:45 PM
It’s a body transformation story for the ages.
Meet Dennis, a male from Columbus, Ohio. After struggling with morbid obesity for most of his life, Dennis adopted a rigorous exercise regimen and a strict diet, shedding an unbelievable 75 percent of his body weight in the process.
Dennis is a dog, and he officially has a new leash on life.
Dennis’ body transformation is mostly thanks to Dennis’ new owner, a 26-year-old nursing student named Brooke Burton. Burton adopted the miniature dachshund from a relative who fed him nothing but pizza and burgers.
“I wasn’t even sure what breed of dog he was supposed to be because he was so large,” Burton told 10TV News.
After encouraging his former owner to give Dennis to her, Burton got to work. She took Dennis on long walks and fed him nothing but dry dog food to help him lose his doggy bulge.
To help the poor wiener dog get over his mounting depression and insecurity over being overweight, Burton made sure she gave her new pet healthy doses of TLC as well.
Soon enough, Dennis went from an appalling 56 pounds to a sweet and sexy 12 pounds. He reportedly has had a number of surgeries to get rid of the excess dog skin from his weight loss, which Burton was able to fund on GoFundMe.
The moral of this story: The adage “everything in moderation” applies not just to humans, but to our furry friends as well. Also, if your dog is so fat it literally struggles to move, it’s probably a good idea for it to lay off the pizza and burgers for a while.
H/T 10TV News | Photo via Dennis’ Odyssey: Health, Wellness, Awareness & Education/Facebook
Jam Kotenko is a technology reporter and graphic designer who specializes in coverage of Instagram, Facebook, and other social media apps. Her work has been published by Digital Trends, Bustle, and Gotta Be Mobile.