- Everything we know so far about Peacock, NBC’s new streaming service Tuesday 7:42 PM
- Selena Gomez producing docuseries about immigration for Netflix Tuesday 7:11 PM
- How to stream Manchester City vs. Shakhtar Donetsk in Champions League action Tuesday 6:14 PM
- Milo Yiannopoulos threatens to crash furry convention he is barred from Tuesday 5:54 PM
- How to stream Juventus vs. Atletico Madrid in Champions League action Tuesday 5:52 PM
- How to stream Real Madrid vs. PSG in Champions League action Tuesday 5:24 PM
- No-fly zone implemented over Area 51 ahead of Alienstock festival Tuesday 5:16 PM
- TikTok accused of censoring content about Hong Kong protests Tuesday 5:04 PM
- Smoke ’em, pass ’em, Week 3: At the Bakery Tuesday 4:38 PM
- Alex Trebek says he will be undergoing chemotherapy again Tuesday 4:27 PM
- Dan Crenshaw roasted after attacking Sanders’ call for veteran care Tuesday 4:19 PM
- How to stream NXT for its USA network debut Tuesday 4:12 PM
- This website will show you how AI classifies you Tuesday 3:22 PM
- School tells Black 4-year-old to cut his hair or wear a dress Tuesday 3:17 PM
- Lizzo called a ‘snitch’ for accusing Postmates runner of stealing food Tuesday 2:30 PM
If this morbidly obese dachshund can get in shape, so can you
It’s a body transformation story for the ages.
Meet Dennis, a male from Columbus, Ohio. After struggling with morbid obesity for most of his life, Dennis adopted a rigorous exercise regimen and a strict diet, shedding an unbelievable 75 percent of his body weight in the process.
Dennis is a dog, and he officially has a new leash on life.
Dennis’ body transformation is mostly thanks to Dennis’ new owner, a 26-year-old nursing student named Brooke Burton. Burton adopted the miniature dachshund from a relative who fed him nothing but pizza and burgers.
“I wasn’t even sure what breed of dog he was supposed to be because he was so large,” Burton told 10TV News.
After encouraging his former owner to give Dennis to her, Burton got to work. She took Dennis on long walks and fed him nothing but dry dog food to help him lose his doggy bulge.
To help the poor wiener dog get over his mounting depression and insecurity over being overweight, Burton made sure she gave her new pet healthy doses of TLC as well.
Soon enough, Dennis went from an appalling 56 pounds to a sweet and sexy 12 pounds. He reportedly has had a number of surgeries to get rid of the excess dog skin from his weight loss, which Burton was able to fund on GoFundMe.
The moral of this story: The adage “everything in moderation” applies not just to humans, but to our furry friends as well. Also, if your dog is so fat it literally struggles to move, it’s probably a good idea for it to lay off the pizza and burgers for a while.
H/T 10TV News | Photo via Dennis’ Odyssey: Health, Wellness, Awareness & Education/Facebook
Jam Kotenko is a technology reporter and graphic designer who specializes in coverage of Instagram, Facebook, and other social media apps. Her work has been published by Digital Trends, Bustle, and Gotta Be Mobile.