- White House report has a lot of superheroes listed as interns 4 Years Ago
- Google to launch ‘Stadia’ cloud gaming service this year 4 Years Ago
- Amy Schumer addresses her ‘Growing’ pains in new Netflix special Today 2:04 PM
- This Bitcoin tie is everyone’s favorite part of the Theranos documentary Today 1:56 PM
- Trump’s social media guru gets suspended on Facebook Today 1:51 PM
- YouTube time traveler says he saw a dinosaur—in the future Today 1:47 PM
- Why is Netflix changing the viewing order for ‘Love, Death & Robots’? Today 12:47 PM
- Elizabeth Holmes’ deep voice captivates and confuses the internet Today 12:40 PM
- These cat purses have everything you need (including balls) Today 12:22 PM
- Smooth dude gets girl’s number with a ‘choose your own adventure’ RPG on Tinder Today 12:20 PM
- Beto O’Rourke reportedly pranked his wife with a ‘verdant turd’ Today 12:13 PM
- The Disney-Fox deal is finalized Today 12:08 PM
- Beto likes to stand on counters—and there are memes to prove it Today 10:47 AM
- House promises April vote on bill to restore net neutrality rules Today 9:58 AM
- Here’s how many YouTube subscribers Shane Dawson lost for his old bestiality joke Today 9:26 AM
It’s a body transformation story for the ages.
Meet Dennis, a male from Columbus, Ohio. After struggling with morbid obesity for most of his life, Dennis adopted a rigorous exercise regimen and a strict diet, shedding an unbelievable 75 percent of his body weight in the process.
Dennis is a dog, and he officially has a new leash on life.
Dennis’ body transformation is mostly thanks to Dennis’ new owner, a 26-year-old nursing student named Brooke Burton. Burton adopted the miniature dachshund from a relative who fed him nothing but pizza and burgers.
“I wasn’t even sure what breed of dog he was supposed to be because he was so large,” Burton told 10TV News.
After encouraging his former owner to give Dennis to her, Burton got to work. She took Dennis on long walks and fed him nothing but dry dog food to help him lose his doggy bulge.
To help the poor wiener dog get over his mounting depression and insecurity over being overweight, Burton made sure she gave her new pet healthy doses of TLC as well.
Soon enough, Dennis went from an appalling 56 pounds to a sweet and sexy 12 pounds. He reportedly has had a number of surgeries to get rid of the excess dog skin from his weight loss, which Burton was able to fund on GoFundMe.
The moral of this story: The adage “everything in moderation” applies not just to humans, but to our furry friends as well. Also, if your dog is so fat it literally struggles to move, it’s probably a good idea for it to lay off the pizza and burgers for a while.
H/T 10TV News | Photo via Dennis’ Odyssey: Health, Wellness, Awareness & Education/Facebook
Jam Kotenko is a technology reporter and graphic designer who specializes in coverage of Instagram, Facebook, and other social media apps. Her work has been published by Digital Trends, Bustle, and Gotta Be Mobile.