- How to stream Browns vs. Jets on Monday Night Football Today 7:00 AM
- What are anons? Today 6:30 AM
- How to stream Eagles vs. Falcons on Sunday Night Football Today 6:00 AM
- How to stream ‘Power’ season 6, episode 4 Today 5:00 AM
- How to stream WWE’s Clash of Champions 2019 Saturday 8:00 PM
- How ‘F*ck off Scotland’ became a Scottish rallying cry amid Brexit madness Saturday 6:28 PM
- A Missouri officer resigned after his Islamophobic Facebook posts surfaced Saturday 5:08 PM
- Adding ‘Triggered’ to stock photos of white men creates Netflix comedy special thumbnails Saturday 3:10 PM
- New restaurant in New York has a seriously unfortunate name: ‘Qanoon’ Saturday 1:38 PM
- These are the 10 best ‘Star Wars’ ships Saturday 12:41 PM
- Google Maps helped solve a decades-old missing persons case Saturday 12:27 PM
- Teen who plotted deadly swatting prank over Call of Duty argument gets prison time Saturday 11:58 AM
- RIP to the real star of ‘Stranger Things’: Steve Harrington’s mullet Saturday 11:04 AM
- People are sharing their wholesome stories with #Hey19YearOldMe Saturday 9:20 AM
- Review: The Joule is a pricey, sleek, easy-to-use entry into sous vide Saturday 8:00 AM
A pregnant Chrissy Teigen and John Legend, along with 224 other passengers, spent four hours on a plane to Tokyo before it turned around unexpectedly and went back to LAX.
Tuesday evening, Teigen tweeted that this was a first for her, calling it an 8-hour “flight to nowhere.”
a flying first for me: 4 hours into an 11 hour flight and we are turning around because we have a passenger who isn’t supposed to be on this plane. Why...why do we all gotta go back, I do not know— christine teigen (@chrissyteigen) December 27, 2017
Lmao after all this I will have spent 8 hours on a flight to nowhere. Like we were all just havin a great time up here flyin in the sky watching gran torino time to go home now— christine teigen (@chrissyteigen) December 27, 2017
LAX —> LAX flight complete. Flight time, 8 hours and 20 minutes.— christine teigen (@chrissyteigen) December 27, 2017
In her characteristically charming way, Teigen livetweeted updates about the incident as it unfolded, building suspense over whether she would ever get out of airport sequestation. She said a passenger had gotten on the wrong flight, and after the plane landed in a secure area, those who were seated near the misplaced passenger were interviewed by police.
They keep saying the person had a United ticket. We are on ANA. So basically the boarding pass scanner is just a beedoop machine that makes beedoop noises that register to nowhere— christine teigen (@chrissyteigen) December 27, 2017
There is a 20 minute interview before we can get off the plane!! This is my dream. Police! Talk to me talk to me— christine teigen (@chrissyteigen) December 27, 2017
I have been moved to a room with Bravo. Clearly the authorities are trying to keep me quiet so I don’t BLOW THE LID OFF THIS “SITCH” pic.twitter.com/ohhpCmjviG— christine teigen (@chrissyteigen) December 27, 2017
They....they gave me ramen pic.twitter.com/0o9tk0wPrQ— christine teigen (@chrissyteigen) December 27, 2017
We live here now. This is our new life pic.twitter.com/ero7e5kFOm— christine teigen (@chrissyteigen) December 27, 2017
During the hullabaloo, another passenger, who marked the occasion with his first tweet, was able to snap a selfie with Teigen and Legend.
In a statement, All Nippon Airways said the plane left LAX at 11:36 a.m. and returned at 7:33 p.m. “During the flight, the cabin crew became aware that one of the passengers boarded the incorrect flight and notified the pilot,” the statement said. “As part of the airline’s security procedure, the pilot in command decided to return to the originating airport, where the passenger was disembarked.”
ANA said it is currently investigating the situation to determine how the passenger was able to board the flight.
By early Wednesday morning Teigen and Legend were able to get on another flight and were again Tokyo-bound.
Getting on another flight now oh bless— christine teigen (@chrissyteigen) December 27, 2017
Taking off!!! Please don’t be the same menu please don’t be the same menu— christine teigen (@chrissyteigen) December 27, 2017
Brianna Stone is a reporter and digital producer. Her work has been published by the Austin American-Statesman, the Daily Dot, and USA Today.