- How to stream Manchester City vs. Bournemouth 2 Years Ago
- Catholic priest allegedly spent church money on Grindr hookups 2 Years Ago
- Nicolás Maduro’s English Twitter account was suspended with no public explanation Today 2:06 PM
- Man claims ex-girlfriend killed his dog after he broke up with her Today 1:02 PM
- What are BitTorrent downloads and how do they work? Today 12:58 PM
- ICE cuts the cord on real immigrant hotline after being featured in ‘Orange Is the New Black’ Today 10:49 AM
- The 10 best music podcasts for artist interviews and criticism in 2019 Today 10:41 AM
- How a socialist Twitch streamer landed in a feud with Dan Crenshaw Today 10:07 AM
- How to prepare for your fantasy football draft (and season) Today 9:00 AM
- Kit Harington is joining the MCU–and people are guessing which character he will play Today 8:48 AM
- How to live stream Juan Francisco Estrada vs. Dewayne Beamon Today 8:00 AM
- The 5 best free torrent clients you can download in 2019 Today 8:00 AM
- How to stream Saints vs. Jets in NFL preseason action Today 7:49 AM
- How to stream Chiefs vs. 49ers in NFL preseason action Today 7:36 AM
- How to live stream Bellator 225: Mitrione vs. Kharitonov Today 7:30 AM
One music executive’s birthday flight attracted viral attention after a woman told him to leave the first-class boarding line, not believing he should be there due to the color of his skin.
Emmit Walker posted the encounter to his Facebook page, getting more than 300,000 likes and 250,000 shares within the past two days. The photo has the caption, “This lady is funny lmao,” and a red arrow pointing to the woman behind him. Walker transcribed their conversation.
“Her: excuse me i believe you may be in the wrong place you need to let us thru. This line is for priority boarding
Me: priority meaning first class correct?
Her: Yes…now excuse me they will call y’all after we board
Me: *shove first class priority boarding pass in her face* you can relax ma’am I’m in the right spot, been here longer, so you can board after me
Her: *still won’t let It go* he must be military or something, but we paid for our seats so he still should have to wait
Me: nope to big to ever be in anybodies military. I’m just a nigga with money
Everybody waiting in line: starts to clap lmao”
Her: excuse me i believe you may be in the wrong place you need to let us thru. This line is for priority boarding Me:...Posted by Emmit Eclass Walker on Tuesday, December 5, 2017
Walker was traveling to the Dominican Republic from Ronald Reagan National Airport on Tuesday when the woman accused him of jumping the line. Assuming he’d just get a few likes on Facebook, the D.C.-based executive was shocked to see the story explode. He posted a follow-up video to his Instagram account the next day, seeming to regret putting the woman on blast.
“This racist stuff is definitely a issue but this is not the solution to that issue,” he wrote. “It brings me no joy waking up in paradise to for my 37 bday and knowing that woman might be going threw hell. The story was definitely real, just like this issue is definitely real, but i now know that I myself should of handled it another way, or left it how it was, and not shared it publicly.”
When i posted that post on Facebook i didn’t expect all that to come from it. I can honestly name the four or five people i thought would comment with something funny, and that will be it. This racist stuff is definitely a issue but this is not the solution to that issue. It brings me no joy waking up in paradise to for my 37 bday and knowing that woman might be going threw hell. The story was definitely real, just like this issue is definitely real, but i now know that I myself should of handled it another way, or left it how it was, and not shared It publicly. When dealing with people i always try to stay on the side of Right, so to make sure I never do anybody wrong, I try to always put myself in that persons shoes, and ask how would I feel if that person did this to me, and if I was her this morning i would be a total wreak today, and that doesn’t help this situation, or her...it only makes them more angry, and bring more drama...SO I WOULD LIKE TO APOLOGIZE AGAIN TO THE WOMAN I HAD THIS ENCOUNTER WITH YESTERDAY. NO MATTER HOW WRONG YOUR ACTIONS YOU DON’T DESERVE THIS @realdlhughley @daquan @respectmyhair @mediablackoutusa @theshaderoom @undocumedia @hgcapparel @berrycurly @kimorajfox I BELIEVE IF YOU CAN’T HELP NOBODY AT THE VERY LEAST YOU SHOULD NEVER DO ANYTHING TO HURT THEM
A post shared by Emmit Walker (@eclass52) on
He tagged multiple Black media accounts, including @respectmyhair, @undocumedia, and @mediablackoutusa.
“I BELIEVE IF YOU CAN’T HELP NOBODY AT THE VERY LEAST YOU SHOULD NEVER DO ANYTHING TO HURT THEM,” he wrote.
Even so, many followers on both Facebook and Instagram were quick to comment that Walker was not in the wrong, and the woman should be on blast for her actions.
H/T Daily Mail
Samantha Reichstein is a former intern for the Daily Dot whose work focused on entertainment and politics. She's written for the Bump, the Nest, the Knot, the Austin American-Statesman, Austin Way Magazine, and Broadway World TV.