- This woman said Hillary Clinton losing the 2016 election gave her PTSD, and people are furious Monday 6:45 PM
- Vanessa Bryant files a lawsuit against helicopter company after deaths of Kobe and Gianna Monday 5:49 PM
- Michael Jordan cries at Kobe Bryant memorial, jokes about creating a new meme Monday 4:43 PM
- Woman’s boyfriend says it’s him or the frogs—Reddit says choose the frogs Monday 4:22 PM
- Greyhound buses will no longer allow Border Patrol checks Monday 4:04 PM
- ‘Eat Them To Defeat Them’ is oddly about vegetables—not about eating the rich Monday 3:26 PM
- Marco Rubio mocked for filming talking while driving socialism critique Monday 2:54 PM
- QAnon believer asks Trump’s campaign press secretary who Q is Monday 2:36 PM
- Octavia Spencer has discovered ‘Ma’ memes—and she can’t get enough Monday 2:09 PM
- Meet the anti-Greta Thunberg, a climate ‘skeptic’ funded by the oil industry Monday 1:12 PM
- Harvey Weinstein convicted of rape and sexual assault Monday 12:56 PM
- Senator calls Facebook’s current election disinformation efforts ‘inadequate’ in letter Monday 12:11 PM
- The Phillie Phanatic mascot unveils a slimmer makeover Monday 11:56 AM
- YouTuber threatened with arrest after rapping about being a girl from Mecca Monday 11:55 AM
- Video shows flat-Earther ‘daredevil’ crashing to death after homemade rocket fails Monday 11:49 AM
After nearly 15 hours of deliberating, a jury found comedian Bill Cosby, 80, guilty on three counts of sexual assault against Andrea Constand. Constand, a former basketball official at Temple University, characterized Cosby as a family friend and mentor at the time of the assault.
Constand, who testified at the original trial that was decided a mistrial, testified at the second trial that Cosby gave her medication at his Philadelphia-area home in January 2004 that made her fall asleep. When she woke up, Cosby was digitally penetrating her and forcing her hand on his penis, according to Deadline. More than 50 women have come forward saying Cosby sexually assaulted them.
According to the Associated Press, Cosby burst into an “expletive-laden rant” when District Attorney Kevin Steele argued that Cosby’s bail be revoked, stating that it wasn’t high enough. Steele pleaded for Cosby to be jailed immediately because he owns a plane and is a flight risk.
Cosby called Steele an asshole, referring to himself to say, “He doesn’t have a plane… He doesn’t know,” then said, “I’m sick of him!”
Cosby faces up to 10 years in prison with a $25,000 fine on each count for a total of no more than 30 years in prison and $75,000 in fines. Cosby did not leave the courthouse in handcuffs and instead exited with his right arm raised along with his guide, who kept his left arm raised. His lead defense attorney Thomas Mesereau, who allegedly fell asleep in court, told press that Cosby’s team is “disappointed” in the verdict and that “the fight is not over.”
Samantha Grasso is a former IRL staff writer for the Daily Dot with a reporting emphasis on immigration. Her work has appeared on Los Angeles Magazine, Death And Taxes, Revelist, Texts From Last Night, Austin Monthly, and she has previously contributed to Texas Monthly.