- West Virginia corrections employees suspended after Nazi salute photo surfaces Thursday 8:02 PM
- Here are the 15 best Eddie Murphy movies available to stream Thursday 7:56 PM
- Ex-InfoWars video editor admits to making up Islamophobic stories Thursday 6:55 PM
- WhatsApp accounts deleted amid Kashmir internet blackout Thursday 6:21 PM
- Guy gets mocked for tattoo of Baby Yoda drinking White Claw Thursday 6:18 PM
- Spotify Wrapped has people asking just how much it knows about us Thursday 5:50 PM
- Instagram account allegedly asked for inappropriate photos of children Thursday 5:16 PM
- How to stream ‘Boys vs. Bears on Thursday Night Football Thursday 4:33 PM
- Woman caught her boyfriend cheating through his Fitbit Thursday 4:29 PM
- The Pete Buttigieg ‘High Hopes’ dance was designed by an intern Thursday 4:17 PM
- TikTok admits to hiding content made by fat, LGBTQ, and disabled users Thursday 3:58 PM
- ‘Merry Happy Whatever’ is an unoriginal sitcom with plenty of holiday cheer Thursday 3:55 PM
- The ‘Pod Save America’ Bros are losing it over Joe Biden’s newest ad Thursday 3:28 PM
- Van Halen had a wholesome response in defense of Billie Eilish Thursday 3:15 PM
- Influencer faces wrath of K-pop fans after her son played with penis-shaped soap Thursday 1:27 PM
Amateur nails one of the most amazing bicycle kicks ever caught on camera
It’s pretty hard to score standing up in soccer, much less by leaping through the air with your back to the ground.
There’s probably no flashier play in soccer than the bicycle kick. But the fact is, for your average pro successfully landing one isn’t that hard—every other game it seems some defender leaps off his feet, back to the ground, and knocks the ball out of danger. What’s really hard is getting it to go exactly where you want—say, in the upper-right corner of your opponent’s net.
And the bicycle kick gets even harder with distance, becoming a near impossibility as you reach the 18-yard line. Unless you’re Odaine Sinclair, a semi-pro playing for FC Tucson, who on Thursday night landed what’s easily one of the best bicycle kicks ever caught on camera.
In the clip, a defender for opposing side BYU Cougars poorly clears a pass towards the top of the box. Sinclair, without a moment’s hesitation, leaps what must be nearly four feet off the ground to pound the ball past BYU’s dumbfounded keeper.
Screengrab via YouTube
Kevin Morris is a veteran web reporter and editor who specializes in longform journalism. He led the Daily Dot’s esports vertical and, following its acquisition by GAMURS in late 2016, launched Dot Esports, where he serves as the site’s editor-in-chief.