- How #TCOT gave birth to Trump 4 Years Ago
- The ultimate cord-cutting guide for bilingual families Today 5:00 AM
- Boys’ sleepovers vs. girls’ sleepovers meme takes stereotypes to absurd heights Tuesday 7:30 PM
- Petition wants Keanu Reeves to be named ‘Time Person of the Year’ Tuesday 6:33 PM
- 8 women accuse Max Landis of sexual, emotional abuse Tuesday 5:37 PM
- Taylor Swift accused of copying Beyoncé—again Tuesday 5:00 PM
- Everything you need to know about Libra, Facebook’s new cryptocurrency Tuesday 4:45 PM
- Netflix just renewed ‘Queer Eye’ for 2 more seasons Tuesday 4:32 PM
- YouTube’s queen of failed robots just unveiled a one-of-a-kind Tesla truck Tuesday 3:58 PM
- AOC infuriates conservatives with ‘concentration camps’ remark Tuesday 3:33 PM
- TikTok users explore identity with Lin Manuel Miranda-inspired meme Tuesday 3:24 PM
- TikTok apology video inspires new duet meme Tuesday 2:51 PM
- Man sues brewery after identifying as female to get beer discount Tuesday 2:31 PM
- Here’s what’s coming and going on Hulu in July 2019 Tuesday 2:22 PM
- This biotech company’s logo is almost straight out of Resident Evil Tuesday 1:26 PM
Watch this little girl do Zumba to raise awareness of bone marrow disease
She’s party rockin’ for a good cause.
Meet Audrey Nethery. She’s six years old, hails from Kentucky, and is an amazing Zumba dancer. The adorable performer is using her passion for moving and grooving to bring awareness to her life-threatening bone marrow disease.
After videos of her dancing at her local Zumba class caught the Internet’s attention, her parents decided to use her fame as an opportunity to talk about Audrey’s Diamond-Blackfan anemia (DFA). The disease is a rare blood disorder where the bone marrow does not make enough red blood cells to carry oxygen throughout the body. Unfortunately, there isn’t a cure for the affliction.
Audrey is helping spread the word on DFA with her viral dance moves. Her family is raising money for the DFA Foundation and they’re planning their second annual fundraiser, a special booth for dressing up and taking pictures.
MailOnline reports that Audrey’s father Scott said, “Audrey is a happy, loving, smart, little girl who loves to dance, listen to music, and collect dolls and stuffed animals. She is incredibly strong and leaves an impression on everyone she meets!” The six-year-old is also apparently a big fan of Taylor Swift, Bruno Mars and the Beatles.
You can also watch this super cute video of her singing “Rudolph The Red-Nosed Reindeer.”
Dance on, Audrey. Dance on. You’ve got better rhythm than most of us.
Gabe Bergado is a Daily Dot alumnus who covered dank memes, teens, and the weirdest corners of the Internet. One time, Ted Cruz supporters turned him into a meme—or at least tried to. In 2017, he started reporting for Teen Vogue's entertainment section.