- Alinity Divine hasn’t been punished for throwing her cat—and people are livid 3 Years Ago
- Gamer Krucial B passes away during Defend the North tournament Today 9:25 AM
- Brexit supporter Boris Johnson becomes prime minister—spawning lots of memes Today 9:16 AM
- Democrats want to ban use of facial recognition in public housing Today 8:29 AM
- In America’s meme war, the left and right are fighting different battles Today 8:10 AM
- Mahershala Ali’s ‘Blade’ movie won’t arrive until Phase 5 of the MCU Today 7:18 AM
- Natalie Portman isn’t playing ‘female Thor’—she’s ‘Mighty Thor’ Today 7:08 AM
- How to watch ‘Breaking Bad’ online Today 7:00 AM
- Controversial Instagram influencer plans event called ‘The Scam’ Today 7:00 AM
- How to clear your search history on Instagram Today 6:00 AM
- How to stream the Leagues Cup competition between MLS and Liga MX Today 5:00 AM
- Here’s why you shouldn’t buy a Nintendo Switch until mid-August Monday 5:11 PM
- Man blasted for making his coworkers babysit his child Monday 5:07 PM
- Pete Buttigieg’s country radio interview was blocked from the air Monday 4:35 PM
- 15-year-old Smash Bros. prodigy caught using racist slur in private Discord server Monday 3:47 PM
His salacious behavior has now perhaps turned criminal.
Anthony Weiner has been caught in sexting scandals numerous times in his political career, but so far, it’s always been with other consenting adults. However, in an exclusive with the Daily Mail, a 15-year-old girl claims she engaged in a months-long relationship with Weiner, and that he was fully aware of her age.
Photos and text messages obtained by the Daily Mail detail Weiner telling the girl that he was “hard” thinking about her, describing sexual fantasies that included rape, and encouraging her to masturbate over video chat. Their communication was done over apps like Skype, Facebook, Kik, and Confide.
In response to the accusations, Weiner told the Daily Mail, “I have repeatedly demonstrated terrible judgment about the people I have communicated with online and the things I have sent.”
But as many point out online, his actions exceed “terrible judgment” and qualify as predatory, even pedophiliac.
1) Anthony Weiner is a predator
2) This has NOTHING to do with Hillary
3) My uncle was a crack addict. Doesn’t mean I am.
Get stuffed, GOP
— Brooke (@Brooke_Cale) September 21, 2016
Others seem to have Weiner-scandal fatigue.
Whenever Anthony Weiner is trending, it’s never good news…
— #NeverHillary (@ScottPresler) September 21, 2016
Weiner’s wife and Hillary Clinton aide, Huma Abedin, announced their separation during his last sexting controversy in August, which included her husband sending pics of his pants’ bulge alongside their infant son to an unnamed woman. While the end of his marriage and political career seemed like justice enough for Weiner, allegedly soliciting sex from a minor could land him in jail.
It remains unclear if the teenager has spoken to authorities about the sext exchanges.
Jaya Saxena is a lifestyle writer and editor whose work focuses primarily on women's issues and web culture. Her writing has appeared in GQ, ELLE, the Toast, the New Yorker, Tthe Hairpin, BuzzFeed, Racked, Eater, Catapult, and others. She is the co-author of 'Dad Magazine,' the author of 'The Book Of Lost Recipes,' and the co-author of 'Basic Witches.'