- Body camera shows officer boasting about arresting a 6-year-old 4 Years Ago
- Singer Duffy opens up about the rape, captivity that led her to stop singing 4 Years Ago
- Cynthia Nixon embodies feminist rage in viral video 4 Years Ago
- Samsung factory shuts down amid confirmed coronavirus case Today 3:08 PM
- Bebe Rexha says she won’t be ‘imprisoned’ by bipolar disorder Today 2:33 PM
- The ‘your music saved me’ meme celebrates the wackiest influences of our time Today 2:20 PM
- This guy slapped his mom’s boobs for a TikTok and, honestly, it’s exhausting Today 12:37 PM
- Jif peanut butter and Giphy have joined forces on how to pronounce ‘GIF’ Today 12:19 PM
- This dad threw a 1-year HRT party for his trans son and the internet can’t get enough of it Today 11:44 AM
- This petition wants Pornhub to be shut down for good Today 11:03 AM
- Pete Buttigieg’s speech voice is suspiciously like Obama’s Today 10:56 AM
- Exposé about Bernie staffer’s Twitter leads to his firing—and an online class war Today 10:40 AM
- Netflix adds Top 10 feature to showcase what’s popular Today 10:24 AM
- YouTube permanently bans ‘news’ channel that said impeachment was ‘Jew coup’ Today 10:21 AM
- FIFA pro banned from all EA games following threatening rant Today 10:16 AM
Look at this clit/Isn’t it neat?/Wouldn’t you say this genitalia’s complete?
Now that you have those lyrics to the tune of “Part of Your World” from the Little Mermaid stuck in your head, seriously, look at this 3D-printed clitoris. Because if you thought the clitoris was just the little nub of skin you’ve never been able to find, think again.
The model is currently being exhibited at Fab Lab at the Cité des Sciences et de l’Industrie in Paris, and creator Odile Fillod wants it to be distributed around schools in France to improve sex ed. Which sounds a lot cooler than trying to put a condom on a zucchini in front of a bunch of other 12-year-olds.
After multiple attempts to design a durable model, Fillod and her team were successful, and write, “The 3D-printed clitoris has already traveled a lot and is doing very well;)”
“The representations of sexuality are mostly centred on the male sexual organs,” Fillod told Vice. “Practices that do not include an erect penis are not seen as ‘real’ sex… Whether a woman is excited or not or whether she has an orgasm or not plays no role in fertilisation—which apparently means it can be royally ignored.” And as anyone with a clit can tell you, that leads to a lot of disappointing sex.
So, will the 3D clit make it into sex ed programs around the world, informing everyone that the clitoris is a large sex organ that works pretty similarly to a penis? Well, if you have a 3D printer, you can print your own here. Go ahead, educate yourself.
Jaya Saxena is a lifestyle writer and editor whose work focuses primarily on women's issues and web culture. Her writing has appeared in GQ, ELLE, the Toast, the New Yorker, Tthe Hairpin, BuzzFeed, Racked, Eater, Catapult, and others. She is the co-author of 'Dad Magazine,' the author of 'The Book Of Lost Recipes,' and the co-author of 'Basic Witches.'