- The best haunted house movies to watch online in 2019 Today 4:13 PM
- Andy Ngo seen laughing as Patriot Prayer members plan an attack in newly emerged video Today 3:59 PM
- How to stream Manchester City vs. Bournemouth Today 3:25 PM
- Catholic priest allegedly spent church money on Grindr hookups Today 3:04 PM
- Nicolás Maduro’s English Twitter account was suspended with no public explanation Today 2:06 PM
- Man claims ex-girlfriend killed his dog after he broke up with her Today 1:02 PM
- What are BitTorrent downloads and how do they work? Today 12:58 PM
- ICE cuts the cord on real immigrant hotline after being featured in ‘Orange Is the New Black’ Today 10:49 AM
- The 10 best music podcasts for artist interviews and criticism in 2019 Today 10:41 AM
- How a socialist Twitch streamer landed in a feud with Dan Crenshaw Today 10:07 AM
- How to prepare for your fantasy football draft (and season) Today 9:00 AM
- Kit Harington is joining the MCU–and people are guessing which character he will play Today 8:48 AM
- How to live stream Juan Francisco Estrada vs. Dewayne Beamon Today 8:00 AM
- The 5 best free torrent clients you can download in 2019 Today 8:00 AM
- How to stream Saints vs. Jets in NFL preseason action Today 7:49 AM
The iPhone 7 is great or whatever, but have you seen some of the things coming out of the Chinese smartphone scene? Xiaomi, which plans to conquer the US market in due time, just launched a phone that is so cool it will make you ashamed of whatever you currently own.
This is the Xiaomi Mi Mix. It’s a 6.4-inch phablet with an edge-to-edge display and virtually no bezel aside from the base. The case and buttons are ceramic, and it’s what every “iPhone 9 concept” render wants to be, only this one is real, and it’s already for sale.
That big, beautiful display accounts for over 91 percent of the device’s body surface, giving it the highest screen-to-body ratio of any smartphone on the market today. It also features rounded edges, which is unique among smartphone displays.
Other specs include a 16MP rear camera, a 2.35GHz Snapdragon processor, big 4400mAh battery, and up to 6GB of RAM. In short, it’s a beast of a device, and it looks like what you always dreamed a smartphone could look like.
So what’s the catch? Well, since Xiaomi is a Chinese company that rarely dabbles in the U.S. market, the Mi Mix isn’t officially available here. It’s being considered a “concept” by Xiaomi, which suggests it’s being produced and sold in very limited numbers, which is likely to drive the 3,449 yen ($515) price up quite a bit in the secondary market. Just keep your fingers crossed that you’ll be able to track one down after its Nov. 4 launch date.
H/T The Verge
Mike Wehner is a former tech editor for the Daily Dot who now writes for BGR. His work has appeared everywhere from Yahoo to CNN, and there’s a good chance his Apple Watch is dead right now.