- What is “TikTok including Musical.ly”? Tuesday 8:48 PM
- Video shows driver yelling N-word at Black woman in road rage incident Tuesday 7:40 PM
- A fan gifted Billie Eilish a jacket–it ended up in a thrift store for another fan to find Tuesday 6:49 PM
- Fans are surprisingly hyping Moby up for his new vegan tattoo Tuesday 6:13 PM
- Suspicionless searches of travelers’ electronics ruled unconstitutional Tuesday 5:22 PM
- Facebook testing TikTok clone within Instagram called Reels Tuesday 5:11 PM
- Han Solo shooting scene changed yet again, spawning ‘Maclunkey’ memes Tuesday 4:52 PM
- Facebook bug opened iPhone cameras while users scrolled their feeds Tuesday 4:36 PM
- Black Facebook employees say company racism has ‘gotten worse’ Tuesday 4:01 PM
- This fish with a ‘human face’ is here to give you nightmares Tuesday 3:28 PM
- TikTok’s piercing challenge leaves the fate of your face up to a filter Tuesday 2:54 PM
- Soldiers with top-secret clearance say they were ordered to install a sketchy app Tuesday 2:46 PM
- How to take your Korean beauty routine on the go Tuesday 2:24 PM
- Disney+’s ‘Encore!’ is a love letter to high school theater Tuesday 2:15 PM
- White tourist filmed shouting homophobic, racist slurs Tuesday 1:31 PM
The iPhone 7 is great or whatever, but have you seen some of the things coming out of the Chinese smartphone scene? Xiaomi, which plans to conquer the US market in due time, just launched a phone that is so cool it will make you ashamed of whatever you currently own.
This is the Xiaomi Mi Mix. It’s a 6.4-inch phablet with an edge-to-edge display and virtually no bezel aside from the base. The case and buttons are ceramic, and it’s what every “iPhone 9 concept” render wants to be, only this one is real, and it’s already for sale.
That big, beautiful display accounts for over 91 percent of the device’s body surface, giving it the highest screen-to-body ratio of any smartphone on the market today. It also features rounded edges, which is unique among smartphone displays.
Other specs include a 16MP rear camera, a 2.35GHz Snapdragon processor, big 4400mAh battery, and up to 6GB of RAM. In short, it’s a beast of a device, and it looks like what you always dreamed a smartphone could look like.
So what’s the catch? Well, since Xiaomi is a Chinese company that rarely dabbles in the U.S. market, the Mi Mix isn’t officially available here. It’s being considered a “concept” by Xiaomi, which suggests it’s being produced and sold in very limited numbers, which is likely to drive the 3,449 yen ($515) price up quite a bit in the secondary market. Just keep your fingers crossed that you’ll be able to track one down after its Nov. 4 launch date.
H/T The Verge
Mike Wehner is a former tech editor for the Daily Dot who now writes for BGR. His work has appeared everywhere from Yahoo to CNN, and there’s a good chance his Apple Watch is dead right now.