- Twitch streamer says she’s receiving backlash for ‘getting men banned’ 2 Years Ago
- ‘Game of Thrones’ fulfilled a twisted version of its biggest prophecy Today 8:17 AM
- Minions memes are more popular than the far-right on Telegram Today 7:35 AM
- ‘Best of Nextdoor’ reveals the true insanity of modern life Today 7:30 AM
- How to watch ‘Jeopardy’ for free Today 7:00 AM
- There’s a water bottle hiding in the ‘Game of Thrones’ finale Today 6:46 AM
- What happens to Disney’s Loki TV series after ‘Avengers: Endgame’? Today 6:30 AM
- Brienne writing Jaime’s history is the best meme from the ‘Game of Thrones’ finale Today 6:25 AM
- How to stream live TV on PlayStation 4 Today 6:00 AM
- How to watch Disney XD online for free Today 5:30 AM
- Who survived the ‘Game of Thrones’ series finale? Sunday 10:21 PM
- Justin Bieber fans are damaging one of Iceland’s top tourist spots Sunday 1:28 PM
- James Charles drops 41-minute response video to Tati Westbrook’s accusations Sunday 1:15 PM
- Watch what happens when this Twitch streamer quits his job on camera Sunday 12:25 PM
- Men are finally sharing their abortion stories Sunday 10:58 AM
Italian Tesla owners break the all-time record for miles on a single charge
You won’t believe how slow they had to drive to break it.
A group of Italian Tesla owners just notched an impressive record in the history of the high-performance electric sports car. Driving a Tesla Model S 100D this week, they traveled 1,078 kilometers—or 669.83 miles, as the group noted on its Twitter account—on a single battery charge.
— Tesla Owners Italia (@TeslaOwnersIT) August 3, 2017
That’s the furthest anyone’s ever made it in an electric vehicle on just one charge. Tesla founder and CEO Elon Musk saluted the drivers in a tweet on Saturday, stating that the record had been “officially verified.” Musk, 46, co-founded Tesla in 2003, and the company has sold more than 200,000 cars during that time.
Officially verified as the first production electric car to exceed 1000km on a single charge! Congratulations Tesla Owners Italia!! https://t.co/r8fFZIFEP2
— Elon Musk (@elonmusk) August 5, 2017
By all accounts, this new mileage record did not come easily. In order to pace out the amount of charge in the car’s battery, which is typically good for 335 miles per charge, the car in question was likely driven for a span of 29 hours at around 23 mph, according to analysis by Electrek. That’s an incredibly charge-efficient speed, although it’s not exactly time-efficient.
That said, as a feat of driving and of pushing the technology past its stated limits, it’s a very impressive achievement. At a final distance of just shy of 670 miles driven, Tesla Owners Italia managed to almost perfectly double the projected range of the car. According to Inverse, the previous record was a mere 560 miles.
Chris Tognotti is a frequent contributor for the Daily Dot. He’s a news and current events writer based out of Berkeley, California, and a co-host of the podcast Now We Know. While he specializes in domestic politics and opinion writing, he’s also savvy on sports, video games, and film.