- What is “TikTok including Musical.ly”? Tuesday 8:48 PM
- Video shows driver yelling N-word at Black woman in road rage incident Tuesday 7:40 PM
- A fan gifted Billie Eilish a jacket–it ended up in a thrift store for another fan to find Tuesday 6:49 PM
- Fans are surprisingly hyping Moby up for his new vegan tattoo Tuesday 6:13 PM
- Suspicionless searches of travelers’ electronics ruled unconstitutional Tuesday 5:22 PM
- Facebook testing TikTok clone within Instagram called Reels Tuesday 5:11 PM
- Han Solo shooting scene changed yet again, spawning ‘Maclunkey’ memes Tuesday 4:52 PM
- Facebook bug opened iPhone cameras while users scrolled their feeds Tuesday 4:36 PM
- Black Facebook employees say company racism has ‘gotten worse’ Tuesday 4:01 PM
- This fish with a ‘human face’ is here to give you nightmares Tuesday 3:28 PM
- TikTok’s piercing challenge leaves the fate of your face up to a filter Tuesday 2:54 PM
- Soldiers with top-secret clearance say they were ordered to install a sketchy app Tuesday 2:46 PM
- How to take your Korean beauty routine on the go Tuesday 2:24 PM
- Disney+’s ‘Encore!’ is a love letter to high school theater Tuesday 2:15 PM
- White tourist filmed shouting homophobic, racist slurs Tuesday 1:31 PM
Apple Watch reviewer Newt Gingrich has trouble using it to go through airport security
Former Speaker of the House and Republican presidential candidate Newt Gingrich isn’t doing much these days. That’s why he offered to test out the Apple Watch and review it for Mashable. But Gingrich is already finding it difficult to use the watch for one simple purpose: checking in at an airport.
In a video he posted on Twitter, Gingrich appeared to need several people to walk him through the process of swiping the watch at a TSA PreCheck counter. Then, he had to be told how to confirm his check-in on the watch itself.
After experiencing this supposed convenience firsthand, official Mashable celebrity reviewer Newt Gingrich proclaimed that he was “not sure about [its] practicality in the long run.”
Gingrich’s followers, most of them fellow conservatives, responded with various kinds of political punditry…
…and tech advice.
Here’s Newt modeling the Apple Watch for the first time in his debut as a Mashable contributor.
Photo via raneko/Flickr (CC BY 2.0)
Eric Geller is a politics reporter who focuses on cybersecurity, surveillance, encryption, and privacy. A former staff writer at the Daily Dot, Geller joined Politico in June 2016, where he's focused on policymaking at the White House, the Justice Department, the State Department, and the Commerce Department.