- Even real cats are transfixed by the enigma that is the ‘Cats’ trailer 4 Years Ago
- Wait, how tall is Peppa Pig? Today 1:55 PM
- Twitter suspends Iranian state media outlets for harassing members of a religious minority Today 1:06 PM
- Pro-MAGA pageant queen stripped of title over ‘offensive’ tweets Today 11:52 AM
- Marvel unveiled its Phase 4 plans at San Diego Comic-Con Today 9:16 AM
- How a queer Instagram is helping fight the opioid epidemic in Appalachia Today 6:30 AM
- Philadelphia to fire 13 officers for racist, violent Facebook posts Saturday 6:12 PM
- Nick Offerman is so down to play every single role in ‘Cats’ Saturday 4:27 PM
- Woman documents how airport staff broke her wheelchair Saturday 3:04 PM
- Funeral home allegedly posted photos of woman’s dead body on social media Saturday 1:56 PM
- Alinity Divine is being investigated after throwing her cat during stream (updated) Saturday 12:04 PM
- ‘Comedians In Cars Getting Coffee’ returns with Seinfeld making a racist joke about China Saturday 10:26 AM
- YouTubers Eugenia Cooney and Shane Dawson make a joint comeback Saturday 9:06 AM
- The crushing effects of Trump’s abortion ‘gag rule’ on healthcare Saturday 8:00 AM
- How to live stream Pacquiao vs. Thurman Saturday 6:20 AM
No tacos today.
No, you do not get to send your friends the middle finger emoji today.
Apple’s iOS update to version 9.1 includes a bunch of new, highly anticipated emoji sure to cause a surge in use for the expressive icons. There’s the middle finger, of course, but the update will also include tacos, a hockey stick, a synagogue, and more. That emoji-rich update lands on smartphone screens in November.
Perhaps confusingly, Apple’s update to iOS version 9.0 went live today. It contains no new emojis, much to the chagrin of soon-to-be-disappointed iPhone fans.
the first thing I'm gonna do when I download iOS 9 is send my mom the middle finger emoji— cara (@YoItsCara) September 16, 2015
iOS 9.1 should be rolling out today. Can't freakin' wait to spam everyone with tacos. http://t.co/YBXrAaJvkE— Suki Beasla (@sbeasla) September 16, 2015
when time is the ios9 update coming out I need that middle finger emoji— tom (@tomhj96) September 16, 2015
APPLE PSA!!!! Update your iPhone around 1pm today for lots of new features!!— Benny (@ben_costello) September 16, 2015
MIDDLE FINGER EMOJI INCLUDED! 🤓🖕
These users and more are going to be confused upon updating their phones today—the feature they really want is still a month away. Apple has yet to set a formal release date for iOS 9.1, but we’re hoping it might hit sooner than its anticipated November release date.
Until then, you’ll have play hockey, eat tacos, and give people the finger IRL. We’re sorry too.
Photo via George M. Groutas/Flickr (CC BY 2.0) | Remix by Max Fleishman
Dylan Love is an editorial consultant and journalist whose reporting interests include emergent technology, digital media, and Russian language and culture. He is a former staff writer for the Daily Dot, and his work has been published by Business Insider, International Business Times, Men's Journal, and the Next Web.