- Sri Lankan government shuts down social media in wake of deadly blasts Sunday 7:56 PM
- Amazon Flex drivers now must use selfies to verify identity Sunday 6:34 PM
- #GentrifyingGeorge thinks 152-year-old HBCU should ‘just move’ Sunday 5:27 PM
- Watch out! Tonight’s episode of ‘Game of Thrones’ leaked online (updated) Sunday 3:32 PM
- Videos of people working may be the best thing on TikTok right now Sunday 1:46 PM
- How to watch ‘Game of Thrones’ season 8, episode 2 for free Sunday 7:00 AM
- Gendry is making a new weapon for Arya Stark—but what is it? Sunday 6:30 AM
- The live-action Halo series could be Showtime’s most ambitious project yet Sunday 6:00 AM
- How to watch Turner Classic Movies for free Sunday 5:30 AM
- How to watch Real Madrid vs. Athletic Bilbao online for free Sunday 5:00 AM
- ‘Star Trek’s Jonathan Frakes calls out your lies with this new meme Saturday 3:46 PM
- #JusticeForLucca trends after video shows police slam Black teen’s head into pavement Saturday 3:11 PM
- The internet is shocked to learn that Goombas do, in fact, have arms Saturday 2:02 PM
- PayPal, GoFundMe cut off armed militia that detains migrants at border Saturday 1:16 PM
- Barnwood theft may be on the rise because of ‘Fixer Upper’—and fans aren’t having it Saturday 12:23 PM
You can help Leonardo DiCaprio win an Oscar in this hilarious browser game
Keep your eye on the prize.
Leonardo DiCaprio has been nominated for an Academy Award five times in the past. Leonardo DiCaprio has lost Academy Award nominations a total of five times as well. Anyone who loves Leonardo DiCaprio knows that his pursuit and struggle to get his desperate hands on one of those golden statues is very real.
This year, he is once again nominated for an Oscar, under the category Best Actor for the movie, The Revenant. Any DiCaprio fan would agree that he needs to win this time. For the love of everything, please let him win this time.
With the stress of the wait for the upcoming awards show scheduled for February 28, 2016 mounting, what can DiCaprio diehards do in the meantime to quell all the nervous energy? Why, they can play a game that’ll ensure their idol’s victory—if they beat it, that is.
Leo’s Red Carpet Rampage
Titled Leo’s Red Carpet Rampage, this retro-style arcade game has a pretty simple mission: “get Leonardo DiCaprio an Oscar or die trying.” Players are required to race down the red carpet to look for the highly coveted Academy Award. There are also a few Emmys and Golden Globes along the way that you can collect, as well as obstacles you must avoid, like icebergs and Lady Gaga.
What makes this game spot-on is the way it identifies one of DiCaprio’s biggest rivals for the top prize: Eddie Redmayne as The Danish Girl.
Leo’s Red Carpet Rampage
Quite frankly, DiCaprio could very well lose it to Redmayne, as the Academy is notorious for rewarding artsy over, you know, getting mauled by a grizzly bear. In case that happens, you’ll have this game to channel your disappointment into something fun and entertaining.
Screengrab via The Line/Vimeo
Jam Kotenko is a technology reporter and graphic designer who specializes in coverage of Instagram, Facebook, and other social media apps. Her work has been published by Digital Trends, Bustle, and Gotta Be Mobile.