- The chicken sandwich war is in full throttle on Twitter 4 Years Ago
- Netflix’s ‘Sextuplets’ proves Marlon Wayans is no Eddie Murphy—or even Mike Myers 4 Years Ago
- Facebook is finally rolling out its clear history tool 4 Years Ago
- ‘Theater etiquette’ tweets surge after YouTuber cast in ‘Waitress’ Today 12:55 PM
- A GoFundMe for Eric Garner’s killer has raised more than $70,000 Today 12:49 PM
- YouTuber finds GoPro footage of man who drowned in 2017 Today 12:20 PM
- Netflix’s ’45 rpm’ is as tired as the boomer rock era it tries to honor Today 11:38 AM
- Teen arrested for threatening to ‘slaughter’ abortion clinic on iFunny Today 11:29 AM
- How to stream the LA Galaxy vs. Cruz Azul Leagues Cup semifinal match Today 11:10 AM
- Going broke over the App Store? Here’s how to turn off in-app purchases Today 10:49 AM
- Jill Biden says even if you don’t like Joe Biden, you need to vote for Joe Biden Today 10:43 AM
- Report on ideal thermostat temperature brings out the dad jokes Today 10:28 AM
- Edited videos of Portland protests are telling half-truths Today 10:20 AM
- Netflix debuts upcoming releases section on the Netflix TV app Today 9:29 AM
- Marianne Williams announces plan for a Department of Peace Today 8:53 AM
You can help Leonardo DiCaprio win an Oscar in this hilarious browser game
Keep your eye on the prize.
Leonardo DiCaprio has been nominated for an Academy Award five times in the past. Leonardo DiCaprio has lost Academy Award nominations a total of five times as well. Anyone who loves Leonardo DiCaprio knows that his pursuit and struggle to get his desperate hands on one of those golden statues is very real.
This year, he is once again nominated for an Oscar, under the category Best Actor for the movie, The Revenant. Any DiCaprio fan would agree that he needs to win this time. For the love of everything, please let him win this time.
With the stress of the wait for the upcoming awards show scheduled for February 28, 2016 mounting, what can DiCaprio diehards do in the meantime to quell all the nervous energy? Why, they can play a game that’ll ensure their idol’s victory—if they beat it, that is.
Leo’s Red Carpet Rampage
Titled Leo’s Red Carpet Rampage, this retro-style arcade game has a pretty simple mission: “get Leonardo DiCaprio an Oscar or die trying.” Players are required to race down the red carpet to look for the highly coveted Academy Award. There are also a few Emmys and Golden Globes along the way that you can collect, as well as obstacles you must avoid, like icebergs and Lady Gaga.
What makes this game spot-on is the way it identifies one of DiCaprio’s biggest rivals for the top prize: Eddie Redmayne as The Danish Girl.
Leo’s Red Carpet Rampage
Quite frankly, DiCaprio could very well lose it to Redmayne, as the Academy is notorious for rewarding artsy over, you know, getting mauled by a grizzly bear. In case that happens, you’ll have this game to channel your disappointment into something fun and entertaining.
Screengrab via The Line/Vimeo
Jam Kotenko is a technology reporter and graphic designer who specializes in coverage of Instagram, Facebook, and other social media apps. Her work has been published by Digital Trends, Bustle, and Gotta Be Mobile.