- ‘Star Trek: Discovery’ unmasks the time-traveling Red Angel Thursday 8:30 PM
- Everyone is making memes of Meghan McCain saying ‘my father’ on loop Thursday 8:11 PM
- Irony of Georgia’s sperm-reporting bill flies by anti-abortion advocates Thursday 7:11 PM
- Sex scandals are consuming the K-pop industry Thursday 5:44 PM
- Trump supporters are abandoning Fox News over network’s latest hire Thursday 5:20 PM
- QAnon is attacking a random woman in a disturbing and dangerous way Thursday 4:59 PM
- Google celebrates Bach with AI-powered, music-making doodle Thursday 4:53 PM
- RIP: The best free trial in all of streaming entertainment Thursday 2:19 PM
- Which ‘Florida Man’ are you? Thursday 1:06 PM
- Hundreds of millions of Facebook passwords were accessible to employees Thursday 12:55 PM
- ‘Bitch I’m Bella Thorne’ morphs into TikTok dyslexia meme Thursday 12:17 PM
- Marvel is auctioning props and costumes from Netflix’s ‘Defenders’ franchise Thursday 12:12 PM
- Net neutrality advocates plan online watch party for the ‘Save the Internet’ Act Thursday 12:01 PM
- Tim Cook turns his iPad meme into an AirPod meme Thursday 11:46 AM
- Auschwitz Memorial asks visitors to stop taking playful photos at Holocaust site Thursday 11:33 AM
Watch these kids develop a love-hate relationship with the Apple Watch
‘Can I keep it?’
Would the youngins love it, though?
“Eeeeeeh, new stuff!” 9 year-old Samirah excitedly exclaims at the beginning of the clip. That’s generally how we feel about brand-new gadgetry as well, and as expected, a bunch of them were rendered speechless by the Apple Watch’s sleek design and overall attractiveness. When it came down to testing out the smartwatch’s many functions, though, there were a few objections.
The consensus is in: The Apple Watch AKA “the future watch” is super-duper awesome, but needing an iPhone to get it to work is “just dumb.”
In reality, however, whether we need the Apple Watch or not, the fact that Apple made it will surely garner it a sizable fan following. 10 year-old Kacey said it best: “Some people are just like, ‘Oh my gosh, this is the new fad, I need it, I need it!’ If you don’t need your phone to do all these things with you, then I think this might be a really big hit and everybody would want it. I know I would.”
Screengrab via TheFineBros/YouTube
Jam Kotenko is a technology reporter and graphic designer who specializes in coverage of Instagram, Facebook, and other social media apps. Her work has been published by Digital Trends, Bustle, and Gotta Be Mobile.