- Man dragged for recording, posting video of neighbor being ‘killed’ instead of helping Saturday 4:14 PM
- How to stream Saints vs. Bears in Week 7 Saturday 3:25 PM
- How to stream Seahawks vs. Ravens in Week 7 Saturday 3:25 PM
- Are TikTok teens throwing up gang signs in their videos? Saturday 2:45 PM
- Anti-impeachment protesters believe ‘deep state’ tried to sabotage rally Saturday 12:51 PM
- How to stream 49ers vs. Redskins in Week 7 Saturday 12:00 PM
- How to stream Cardinals vs. Giants in Week 7 Saturday 12:00 PM
- How to stream Packers vs. Raiders in Week 7 Saturday 12:00 PM
- How to stream Vikings vs. Lions in Week 7 Saturday 12:00 PM
- How to stream Rams vs. Falcons in Week 7 Saturday 12:00 PM
- Billie Eilish fans think they figured out who stole her ring Saturday 11:32 AM
- ‘Give me candy’: Hailey Bieber mocked for defense of celebrating Halloween as a Christian Saturday 10:28 AM
- Aaron Paul predicted Jesse Pinkman’s fate on Reddit years ago Saturday 8:53 AM
- Netflix’s ‘Eli’ is a satisfyingly nasty blend of haunted houses and medical horror Saturday 7:00 AM
- Why 8chan’s founder is fighting to keep the infamous message board dead Saturday 6:30 AM
Watch these kids develop a love-hate relationship with the Apple Watch
‘Can I keep it?’
Would the youngins love it, though?
“Eeeeeeh, new stuff!” 9 year-old Samirah excitedly exclaims at the beginning of the clip. That’s generally how we feel about brand-new gadgetry as well, and as expected, a bunch of them were rendered speechless by the Apple Watch’s sleek design and overall attractiveness. When it came down to testing out the smartwatch’s many functions, though, there were a few objections.
The consensus is in: The Apple Watch AKA “the future watch” is super-duper awesome, but needing an iPhone to get it to work is “just dumb.”
In reality, however, whether we need the Apple Watch or not, the fact that Apple made it will surely garner it a sizable fan following. 10 year-old Kacey said it best: “Some people are just like, ‘Oh my gosh, this is the new fad, I need it, I need it!’ If you don’t need your phone to do all these things with you, then I think this might be a really big hit and everybody would want it. I know I would.”
Screengrab via TheFineBros/YouTube
Jam Kotenko is a technology reporter who specializes in coverage of Instagram, Facebook, and other social media apps. Her work has been published by Digital Trends, Bustle, and Gotta Be Mobile.