- Who survived the ‘Game of Thrones’ series finale? Sunday 10:21 PM
- Justin Bieber fans are damaging one of Iceland’s top tourist spots Sunday 1:28 PM
- James Charles drops 41-minute response video to Tati Westbrook’s accusations Sunday 1:15 PM
- Watch what happens when this Twitch streamer quits his job on camera Sunday 12:25 PM
- Men are finally sharing their abortion stories Sunday 10:58 AM
- Netflix’s ‘Maria’ is a trigger-happy B-movie Sunday 9:07 AM
- How to stream Money in the Bank 2019 for free Sunday 9:00 AM
- How to watch ‘Game of Thrones’ season 8, episode 6 for free Sunday 8:00 AM
- These ‘Game of Thrones’ houses are gone forever Sunday 7:54 AM
- The 10 best anime movies on Hulu Sunday 7:00 AM
- Vibe TV puts a premium price tag on piracy Sunday 6:00 AM
- Twitter unites in collective confusion over ‘Democrats for Trump’ trending Saturday 2:28 PM
- YouTube star tweets and deletes video of his Black cousin ‘Peanut’ acting as a stool Saturday 1:04 PM
- The ‘Do you wash your legs in the shower’ debate has now escalated to feet Saturday 12:20 PM
- Trump posts a world-class golf score, and the internet laughs at him Saturday 10:46 AM
Watch these kids develop a love-hate relationship with the Apple Watch
‘Can I keep it?’
Would the youngins love it, though?
“Eeeeeeh, new stuff!” 9 year-old Samirah excitedly exclaims at the beginning of the clip. That’s generally how we feel about brand-new gadgetry as well, and as expected, a bunch of them were rendered speechless by the Apple Watch’s sleek design and overall attractiveness. When it came down to testing out the smartwatch’s many functions, though, there were a few objections.
The consensus is in: The Apple Watch AKA “the future watch” is super-duper awesome, but needing an iPhone to get it to work is “just dumb.”
In reality, however, whether we need the Apple Watch or not, the fact that Apple made it will surely garner it a sizable fan following. 10 year-old Kacey said it best: “Some people are just like, ‘Oh my gosh, this is the new fad, I need it, I need it!’ If you don’t need your phone to do all these things with you, then I think this might be a really big hit and everybody would want it. I know I would.”
Screengrab via TheFineBros/YouTube
Jam Kotenko is a technology reporter and graphic designer who specializes in coverage of Instagram, Facebook, and other social media apps. Her work has been published by Digital Trends, Bustle, and Gotta Be Mobile.