Let's try to talk about Adria Richards like adults, OK?
Every evening, the Daily Dot delivers a selection of links worth clicking from around the Web, along with the day's must-see image or video. We call it Dotted Lines.
- Do better, Hacker News. Why can't the tech industry talk about Adria Richards like grownups?
- I Am Jane Doe: An open letter to CNN, Poppy Harlow, and all the Steubenville rapist sympathizers.
- On a lighter note, Tina Fey will be in the upcoming Muppets movie.
- And Miley Cyrus is dancing in a unicorn onesie.
- And James Deen, the porn star everyone can agree on, talks Fifty Shades of Grey.
- This lizard robot will make you jaw drop. And also maybe terrify you.
- Game of Thrones gets the Calvin and Hobbes treatment for a T-shirt.
- And a baby tries to imitate the Incredible Hulk:
Photo via blogumentary/Flickr
What is encryption?
You use encryption everyday—even if you don't realize it.
How the snack stadium went from an Internet joke to a Super Bowl food trend
The man who brought edible food stadiums to the Internet tells its origin story.
The KernelInside the Facebook group for people addicted to QVC
Even in the age of Amazon, the home shopping network has a loyal fandom.Presented by The Kernel
Broncos defense and Peyton Manning outlast the Panthers in Super Bowl 50
If Peyton Manning retires, this was a blaze of glory.
I tried to use Twitter to get signed to the NFL
Put me in, @coach.
Inside Uber’s showdown at the Super Bowl
You may hate Uber's surge pricing—but your driver probably hates it even more.
The British bloggers who are reinventing how the NFL coaches
ProFootballFocus.com: used by fans, media... and 19 NFL teams.
How a pair of microchips could transform football into an intricate dance of data
The NFL's technology arms race is about to begin.
Microsoft's Chinese A.I. is already chatting with millions
Microsoft's chat A.I. in China is basically 'Her.'
Drones aren't allowed within 32 miles of the Super Bowl
You can't watch the big game from above.
Apple may soon accept busted iPhones for trade-in credit
Broke no more.
Nintendo has decided to cancel its work on a sleep sensor that nobody ever asked for
Nintendo puts sleep tracking plans to bed.
How one veteran NFL receiver embraced technology to break franchise records
NFL vet talks football future.
Super Bowl linebacker will wear a 3D-printed brace on his recently shattered arm
A defensive player will have a 3D-printed brace.
The Internet hilariously mourns Twitter's planned changes with #RIPTwitter
At least they're being funny about it.