Let's try to talk about Adria Richards like adults, OK?
Every evening, the Daily Dot delivers a selection of links worth clicking from around the Web, along with the day's must-see image or video. We call it Dotted Lines.
- Do better, Hacker News. Why can't the tech industry talk about Adria Richards like grownups?
- I Am Jane Doe: An open letter to CNN, Poppy Harlow, and all the Steubenville rapist sympathizers.
- On a lighter note, Tina Fey will be in the upcoming Muppets movie.
- And Miley Cyrus is dancing in a unicorn onesie.
- And James Deen, the porn star everyone can agree on, talks Fifty Shades of Grey.
- This lizard robot will make you jaw drop. And also maybe terrify you.
- Game of Thrones gets the Calvin and Hobbes treatment for a T-shirt.
- And a baby tries to imitate the Incredible Hulk:
Photo via blogumentary/Flickr
The digital future of work is leaving the poor behind
Telecommuting is putting an end to long commutes—for everyone but those who need it most.
Instagram is the Weight Watchers support group of the future
The company's social media presence is bigger than their members' weight loss.
How to use Twitter Moments
Get your daily dose of information a whole lot easier.
Microsoft's new Band is more expensive and more comfortable than its first
Microsoft's smartwatch alternative lost weight, but gained a higher price
Microsoft unveils the Surface Book, a true MacBook competitor
Microsoft is launching a hybrid notebook with Apple-like pricing.
Microsoft HoloLens might be the future of video gaming
It's impossible to watch this demo and not want to play with HoloLens right now.
Facebook plans to beam Internet to Africa from space
It's the company's first satellite to connect the world.
A guide to Tinder's new swipe-up Super Like feature
Make it count.
European court throws out U.S.–E.U. data-sharing pact over NSA surveillance
This could have major consequences on both sides of the pond.
4chan 'beta uprising' spreads countless threats of more school massacres
4chan's /r9k/ imageboard has completely lost it.
George Zimmerman denies he meant to retweet photo of Trayvon Martin's dead body
'To this date I have not, nor will I ever tweet any image of the Fultons or Martins.'
Edward Snowden says he's offered to go to prison 'many times'
He's just waiting for the U.S. government to call him back.
Tennessee county considering resolution asking God not to smite them for gay marriage rules
Resolution asks God to 'pass us by in His Coming Wrath.'
More than 70 human rights groups tell Facebook to change its 'real name' policy
The groups say Facebook's policy exposes users to danger and disrespects their identities.
Democrats beat Republicans on Facebook grammar, Grammarly study shows
When you argue about politics on Facebook, everyone loses.