- Beyoncé and Kelly Rowland were harassed by Jagged Edge as teens, Mathew Knowles says 7 Years Ago
- White nationalist Nick Fuentes is upset MTV aired his white nationalist views 7 Years Ago
- Juice WRLD had secret drug-littered Instagram, according to his ex-girlfriend 7 Years Ago
- Jersey City suspect posted anti-Semitic, anti-police materials online Today 10:30 AM
- Novaruu was banned from Twitch for 3 days—and she can’t understand why Today 10:12 AM
- Pete Buttigieg swears he’s not in the CIA Today 9:28 AM
- Greta Thunberg named ‘Time’ 2019 person of the year Today 9:28 AM
- The best gear and gadget gifts for Dad this holiday season Today 7:30 AM
- The 10 most important sci-fi films of the 2010s Today 7:00 AM
- Netflix advances beyond testosterone-fueled anime with subdued ‘Levius’ Today 6:00 AM
- Influencer accused of selling shirt she was supposed to promote Tuesday 8:42 PM
- Jameela Jamil dragged for comparing reproductive rights to landlord rights Tuesday 6:54 PM
- Trump campaign posts Thanos meme, totally misses point of ‘Endgame’ Tuesday 5:58 PM
- Petition calls for Apple to make a Baby Yoda emoji Tuesday 5:16 PM
- This BTS-Billie Eilish mashup is the most popular tweet of 2019 Tuesday 4:51 PM
The Hater: Bang With Friends!
Want to get “down for the night” with a friend, but don’t know how to get out of the friendzone? Yeah, you suck.
With what might be another indication that we’ve forgotten how to communicate verbally, there’s a new application for Facebook that tries to get you laid.
Bang With Friends boasts it will help you “anonymously find friends who are down for the night,” “the night” being a winky face type of activity and not “oh, let’s hate-watch Scandal together and talk about Kerry Washington’s selection of pants suits.”
Judging the site’s landing page of a scantily clad girl, who was probably tired from studying all day, it’s aimed for the brosky demographic who has difficulty texting or, even more tragically, doesn’t have any game.
Users log in anonymously where you are then presented a Pinterest-like board of your friend’s faces peering back at you. They are judging you for the life choice of signing up for this. If you want to “bang” your friend, click “Down to Bang.” (Take note of that descriptive URL.) The button transforms into an “Awaiting Bang” signal, indicating that selected subject is waiting for your highly coveted coitus 360° experience.
The chosen one is only alerted to your bangin’ availability when they sign-in to the app and also happen to click on your face. After that, you both receive an email—probably congratulating you of avoiding the “friendzone.”
In an email with the Daily Dot, the site’s creator, who (obviously) wished to stay anonymous, said it has so far successfully matched up 100 couples for string-free bangs.
Bang with Friends man emailed us a very sweet story brimming with romance. He explained that one dude user thought he was “friendzoned by his new French hottie of a friend.” But then Bang With Friends worked its magic! “She was down though and they have hooked up since,” he wrote. “It’s funny but I’m proud to say that we helped that happen!”
We’d call this bro-on-bro experience tear-jerking, but the site’s users probably want to distance themselves from any kind of jerking. Isn’t that why they’re on Bang With Friends?
Photo via Sorority Sugar/Tumblr
A former editorial operations specialist and staff writer for the Daily Dot, Jordan Valinsky is a tech reporter and web culture commentator. His work has been published by the Week, Digiday, CNNMoney, Popular Mechanics, Vice, Mic, and Betabeat.