- Brits are sharing their ‘awfully British Amazon reviews’ on Twitter 7 Years Ago
- How to stream Mexico vs. Panama in Concacaf Nations League play 7 Years Ago
- How to stream U.S. vs. Canada in the Concacaf Nations League tournament 7 Years Ago
- Fortnite’s black hole launches conspiracy theories and memes 7 Years Ago
- WeWork pulls phone booths over formaldehyde concerns Today 3:06 PM
- Mark Zuckerberg is reportedly having private meetings with prominent conservatives Today 3:03 PM
- Firework is a social video app with a literal twist Today 2:46 PM
- Pro-Trump meme comedian Carpe Donktum suspended by Twitter (updated) Today 1:35 PM
- Here are all of the Disney+ titles available to stream at launch Today 12:52 PM
- Rumor: Apple to release $399 iPhone SE follow-up next year Today 12:44 PM
- Sulli, K-pop star who spoke against cyberbullying, dead at 25 Today 12:37 PM
- The latest front in Turkey’s digital war against the Kurds? Google reviews Today 12:19 PM
- Slow iPhone got you down? Here’s how to speed it back up Today 11:49 AM
- Andy Ngo smears antifa activist killed in hit-and-run Today 11:25 AM
- ‘Succession’ but with M&Ms is a pitch-perfect parody Today 11:12 AM
The Hater: Bang With Friends!
Want to get “down for the night” with a friend, but don’t know how to get out of the friendzone? Yeah, you suck.
With what might be another indication that we’ve forgotten how to communicate verbally, there’s a new application for Facebook that tries to get you laid.
Bang With Friends boasts it will help you “anonymously find friends who are down for the night,” “the night” being a winky face type of activity and not “oh, let’s hate-watch Scandal together and talk about Kerry Washington’s selection of pants suits.”
Judging the site’s landing page of a scantily clad girl, who was probably tired from studying all day, it’s aimed for the brosky demographic who has difficulty texting or, even more tragically, doesn’t have any game.
Users log in anonymously where you are then presented a Pinterest-like board of your friend’s faces peering back at you. They are judging you for the life choice of signing up for this. If you want to “bang” your friend, click “Down to Bang.” (Take note of that descriptive URL.) The button transforms into an “Awaiting Bang” signal, indicating that selected subject is waiting for your highly coveted coitus 360° experience.
The chosen one is only alerted to your bangin’ availability when they sign-in to the app and also happen to click on your face. After that, you both receive an email—probably congratulating you of avoiding the “friendzone.”
In an email with the Daily Dot, the site’s creator, who (obviously) wished to stay anonymous, said it has so far successfully matched up 100 couples for string-free bangs.
Bang with Friends man emailed us a very sweet story brimming with romance. He explained that one dude user thought he was “friendzoned by his new French hottie of a friend.” But then Bang With Friends worked its magic! “She was down though and they have hooked up since,” he wrote. “It’s funny but I’m proud to say that we helped that happen!”
We’d call this bro-on-bro experience tear-jerking, but the site’s users probably want to distance themselves from any kind of jerking. Isn’t that why they’re on Bang With Friends?
Photo via Sorority Sugar/Tumblr
A former editorial operations specialist and staff writer for the Daily Dot, Jordan Valinsky is a tech reporter and web culture commentator. His work has been published by the Week, Digiday, CNNMoney, Popular Mechanics, Vice, Mic, and Betabeat.