- Twitter lifts ‘permanent’ suspension of activist Barrett Brown Monday 5:52 PM
- Billie Eilish fans fend off objectifying comments on tank top photo Monday 5:32 PM
- Groom’s mother sabotages wedding by tricking guests into wearing jorts and hoodies Monday 4:39 PM
- No one believes Bill de Blasio’s son sent him these debate prep texts Monday 3:26 PM
- Meek Mill, Jay-Z to release ‘Free Meek’ documentary on Amazon Prime Monday 3:20 PM
- 3 ways to secure your Nest cameras Monday 3:15 PM
- This Pokémon generator site is creating hilarious monsters Monday 2:48 PM
- MrBeast impersonator tricks kid into destroying his XBox Monday 12:50 PM
- This mom has the perfect nickname for her nonbinary kid Monday 12:25 PM
- Netflix tests pop-out player that will allow viewers to multitask Monday 11:44 AM
- Man allowed to sue media publishers over readers’ Facebook comments Monday 11:42 AM
- Republicans slammed for joke about ‘heavily armed militia’ at Oregon statehouse Monday 11:30 AM
- New bill wants tech companies to tell you how much your data is worth Monday 10:53 AM
- AOC has the best response to Steve King’s ‘concentration camp’ criticism Monday 10:19 AM
- Did Jake Paul and Tana Mongeau just get engaged? Monday 9:26 AM
Want to get “down for the night” with a friend, but don’t know how to get out of the friendzone? Yeah, you suck.
With what might be another indication that we’ve forgotten how to communicate verbally, there’s a new application for Facebook that tries to get you laid.
Bang With Friends boasts it will help you “anonymously find friends who are down for the night,” “the night” being a winky face type of activity and not “oh, let’s hate-watch Scandal together and talk about Kerry Washington’s selection of pants suits.”
Judging the site’s landing page of a scantily clad girl, who was probably tired from studying all day, it’s aimed for the brosky demographic who has difficulty texting or, even more tragically, doesn’t have any game.
Users log in anonymously where you are then presented a Pinterest-like board of your friend’s faces peering back at you. They are judging you for the life choice of signing up for this. If you want to “bang” your friend, click “Down to Bang.” (Take note of that descriptive URL.) The button transforms into an “Awaiting Bang” signal, indicating that selected subject is waiting for your highly coveted coitus 360° experience.
The chosen one is only alerted to your bangin’ availability when they sign-in to the app and also happen to click on your face. After that, you both receive an email—probably congratulating you of avoiding the “friendzone.”
In an email with the Daily Dot, the site’s creator, who (obviously) wished to stay anonymous, said it has so far successfully matched up 100 couples for string-free bangs.
Bang with Friends man emailed us a very sweet story brimming with romance. He explained that one dude user thought he was “friendzoned by his new French hottie of a friend.” But then Bang With Friends worked its magic! “She was down though and they have hooked up since,” he wrote. “It’s funny but I’m proud to say that we helped that happen!”
We’d call this bro-on-bro experience tear-jerking, but the site’s users probably want to distance themselves from any kind of jerking. Isn’t that why they’re on Bang With Friends?
Photo via Sorority Sugar/Tumblr
A former editorial operations specialist and staff writer for the Daily Dot, Jordan Valinsky is a tech reporter and web culture commentator. His work has been published by the Week, Digiday, CNNMoney, Popular Mechanics, Vice, Mic, and Betabeat.