- Internet scammers taking advantage of Narwhal the ‘unicorn’ rescue puppy 12 Months Ago
- Sunday Night Football: How to stream Bears vs. Rams live 12 Months Ago
- CupcakKe’s month-long ‘water fast’ has fans concerned Today 11:24 AM
- Will.i.am claims ‘racist’ flight attendant called police on him Today 10:28 AM
- How does Disney+ compare to Netflix, Hulu, HBO Max, and Apple TV+? Today 9:35 AM
- How to stream Patriots vs. Eagles live Today 9:30 AM
- Girl turns herself into ‘pleading face’ emoji Today 9:27 AM
- How to stream Cowboys vs. Lions live Today 9:00 AM
- Chaotic good, true neutral: The 2020 Democrat alignment chart Today 6:30 AM
- How to stream Mexico vs. Brazil live in the U-17 World Cup final Today 3:00 AM
- Influencer gets prison time for performing illegal cosmetic procedures on followers Saturday 5:13 PM
- Parent immediately regrets baby monitor after seeing ‘possessed’ baby Saturday 3:53 PM
- Buttigieg used Kenyan stock photo to promote plan for Black America (updated) Saturday 2:29 PM
- Disney+ is the best streaming service for families available today Saturday 1:43 PM
- Netflix to amend Nazi docuseries after being accused of rewriting history Saturday 1:09 PM
Nearly a year after Logan Paul filmed a dead body in the Japanese suicide forest, another YouTuber proved that he doesn’t care about the consequences of filming such a stunt.
YouTuber Qorygore, who has 888,000 subscribers, recently filmed himself inside Japan’s Aokigahara Forest—the same place where Paul filmed in December 2017 that is one of the world’s most popular suicide spots. He posted the video this week and almost immediately came under immense criticism.
After he apparently found a dead body, which was blurred out, the Indonesian YouTuber who is also a gamer and rapper said, “I went all the way to Japan. This is Logan Paul 2.0.” Coconuts reported that Qorygore and his friends also made jokes about the body.
It’s unclear what consequences Qorygore will face, but obviously, he didn’t care to learn the lesson that Paul knows all too well. After he posted his video at the very end of last year, YouTube kicked him out of the Google Preferred program, a move that Paul estimated cost him $5 million in ad revenue (still, Paul made $14.5 million in 2018 according to Forbes).
Paul was ostracized from the YouTube community, and the platform even temporarily halted all ads from appearing on his videos. After taking time away from the platform, Paul eventually returned, and he hasn’t suffered a major slip-up in the past several months. Still, Paul knows the stain of posting a video from the forest will never fully wash away.
Qorygore appeared on YouTuber Eno Bening’s podcast after he posted the video and said it might not have been a real body that he filmed. “It was a pile covered by a raincoat …” he said according to Coconuts. “Because I respected the dead body, I didn’t get really close to him.”
Qorygore, though, said he didn’t edit out the body because he wanted to “trigger” the viewers. Later, he apologized for his YouTube persona and said in his own video that there was no “authentic evidence of dead bodies.”
Josh Katzowitz is a staff writer at the Daily Dot specializing in YouTube and boxing. His work has appeared in the New York Times, Wall Street Journal, Washington Post, and Los Angeles Times. A longtime sports writer, he's covered the NFL for CBSSports.com and boxing for Forbes. His work has been noted twice in the Best American Sports Writing book series.