- Man claims ex-girlfriend killed his dog after he broke up with her 4 Years Ago
- What are BitTorrent downloads and how do they work? 4 Years Ago
- ICE cuts the cord on real immigrant hotline after being featured in ‘Orange Is the New Black’ Today 10:49 AM
- The 10 best music podcasts for artist interviews and criticism in 2019 Today 10:41 AM
- How a socialist Twitch streamer landed in a feud with Dan Crenshaw Today 10:07 AM
- How to prepare for your fantasy football draft (and season) Today 9:00 AM
- Kit Harington is joining the MCU–and people are guessing which character he will play Today 8:48 AM
- How to live stream Juan Francisco Estrada vs. Dewayne Beamon Today 8:00 AM
- The 5 best free torrent clients you can download in 2019 Today 8:00 AM
- How to stream Saints vs. Jets in NFL preseason action Today 7:49 AM
- How to stream Chiefs vs. 49ers in NFL preseason action Today 7:36 AM
- How to live stream Bellator 225: Mitrione vs. Kharitonov Today 7:30 AM
- Alice Wetterlund draws insight from the last decade in ‘My Mama Is a Human and So Am I’ Today 7:00 AM
- How to stream the Cowboys vs. Texans NFL preseason showdown Today 7:00 AM
- How ‘Stranger Things’ is inspiring new waves of Dungeons and Dragons fans Today 6:00 AM
On his second episode of The Nightly Show back in January, Larry Wilmore showed that he wasn’t screwing around by going after Bill Cosby for the nearly three dozen rape accusations against him. Wilmore even said that “that fucker did it” as far as the court of public opinion was concerned.
Six months to the day after that episode aired (and in light of newly released depositions from a 2005 court case), Wilmore wasn’t backing down.
He and his audience grew disgusted with each new revelation in the deposition, to the point where everyone needed a puppy break. But then Wilmore discussed two separate instances in which Cosby referenced his alleged rapes in his earlier work: A 1969 comedy routine about the “Spanish fly” and a Cosby Show episode where Cosby said that whoever had his barbecue sauce would become “huggy-buggy.” Later, his daughter on the show was shown to hardly be able to keep her eyes open. Both incidents were disturbing to watch with the benefit of hindsight.
“This is how horrible of a human being that motherfucker is. This is why I call him a motherfucker all the time, OK?” Wilmore said. “He believes that drugging and raping women deserves to be laughed at. He put it in a comedy act and he put it on his TV show. He finds what he did to be funny. Five words: you can go fuck yourself.”
Screengrab via The Nightly Show
Michelle Jaworski is a staff writer and the resident Game of Thrones expert at the Daily Dot. She covers entertainment, geek culture, and pop culture and has brought her knowledge to conventions like Con of Thrones. She is based in New Jersey.