- ‘Breaking Bad’ movie will show us what happened to Jesse Pinkman 7 Years Ago
- How to stream ROH Wrestling’s Honor For All Today 7:30 AM
- How to stream Steelers vs. Titans in NFL preseason action Today 7:00 AM
- How to stream ‘Good Eats: The Return’ online Today 7:00 AM
- How to stream ‘Power’ season 6 Today 6:00 AM
- Your best bets for finding discounted and refurbished Airpods Today 6:00 AM
- How to stream Barcelona vs. Real Betis Saturday 11:31 PM
- How to stream Tottenham Hotspur vs. Newcastle Saturday 11:21 PM
- All of the ‘Avengers: Endgame’ Easter eggs discovered by fans Saturday 6:52 PM
- Every big announcement made at D23 about Disney+ Saturday 6:33 PM
- The best haunted house movies to watch online in 2019 Saturday 4:13 PM
- Andy Ngo seen laughing as Patriot Prayer members plan an attack in newly emerged video Saturday 3:59 PM
- How to stream Manchester City vs. Bournemouth Saturday 3:25 PM
- Catholic priest allegedly spent church money on Grindr hookups Saturday 3:04 PM
- Nicolás Maduro’s English Twitter account was suspended with no public explanation Saturday 2:06 PM
The secret behind the Tupac Shakur hologram revealed
This illustration shows how the late rapper was beamed onto the Coachella stage on Sunday.
The mystery behind Coachella’s Tupac Shakur hologram has been solved.
An illustration by Roxanne Palmer for the International Business Times showed how a projector, a reflective surface, and a properly angled transparent foil created the hologram of the late West Coast rapper on Sunday.
“One option would be a tour in stadiums, involving other hip-hop stars, including Eminem, 50 Cent and Wiz Khalifa,” reported the Wall Street Journal. “Alternately, they could stage a more limited tour, featuring only Dre, Snoop Dogg and the virtual Tupac, in smaller arenas.”
The social news site Reddit got hold of the illustration Wednesday morning and discussed what it meant for the future of the music industry.
“I’m going to be very interested to see what kind of popularity this gains in the coming years. Could we see a rise of ‘holographic concerts’ where Elvis or Biggie Smalls performs to a sold out show?” commented moddestmouse. “This could be a real change in the live music scene…or be a one off fluke. We’ll just have to wait and see.”
Another Reddit user posted the following image of what an all-hologram Coachella lineup would look like.
Photo by jlmaral
Fernando Alfonso III served as an early Reddit and 4chan reporter and the Daily Dot’s first art director until 2016. He’s gone on to report at Lexington’s Herald-Leader and at the Houston Chronicle.