- How to watch the U.S. vs. Chile at the World Cup for free 7 Years Ago
- 15 teen movies on Netflix that will make you laugh, cry, and cringe 7 Years Ago
- How to watch Estrella TV online for free Today 5:00 AM
- People are roasting this ‘traditional’ take on marriage with a hilarious meme Saturday 5:17 PM
- The internet just collectively realized that the Neopets of the world must be hungry Saturday 4:00 PM
- Alt-right message board 8chan was served a search warrant Saturday 3:06 PM
- O.J. Simpson just joined Twitter in the most bizarre fashion Saturday 1:20 PM
- Prominent phone-hacking firm says it can unlock any iPhone for law enforcement Saturday 12:39 PM
- Hundreds of police officers belong to extremist Facebook groups, investigation finds Saturday 9:31 AM
- How to watch Tyson Fury vs. Tom Schwarz online Saturday 8:00 AM
- ‘Late Night’ is a disappointing, tepid comedy Saturday 7:00 AM
- How to stream ‘Love It or List It’ for free Saturday 7:00 AM
- How to watch the 2019 Concacaf Gold Cup online for free Saturday 6:55 AM
- Borderlands 3 preview suggests the aging series can still hang with the cool kids Saturday 6:30 AM
- How to stream the 2019 College World Series for free Saturday 6:00 AM
This illustration shows how the late rapper was beamed onto the Coachella stage on Sunday.
The mystery behind Coachella’s Tupac Shakur hologram has been solved.
An illustration by Roxanne Palmer for the International Business Times showed how a projector, a reflective surface, and a properly angled transparent foil created the hologram of the late West Coast rapper on Sunday.
“One option would be a tour in stadiums, involving other hip-hop stars, including Eminem, 50 Cent and Wiz Khalifa,” reported the Wall Street Journal. “Alternately, they could stage a more limited tour, featuring only Dre, Snoop Dogg and the virtual Tupac, in smaller arenas.”
The social news site Reddit got hold of the illustration Wednesday morning and discussed what it meant for the future of the music industry.
“I’m going to be very interested to see what kind of popularity this gains in the coming years. Could we see a rise of ‘holographic concerts’ where Elvis or Biggie Smalls performs to a sold out show?” commented moddestmouse. “This could be a real change in the live music scene…or be a one off fluke. We’ll just have to wait and see.”
Another Reddit user posted the following image of what an all-hologram Coachella lineup would look like.
Photo by jlmaral
Fernando Alfonso III served as an early Reddit and 4chan reporter and the Daily Dot’s first art director until 2016. He’s gone on to report at Lexington’s Herald-Leader and at the Houston Chronicle.