- ‘Dear White People’ season 3 reflects the exhaustion of the times—for better or for worse 5 Years Ago
- ‘Seinfeld’ and ‘Friends’ fans feud over which sitcom is better 5 Years Ago
- Anti-abortion centers are getting around Google’s misinformation policy 5 Years Ago
- Twitter, Facebook remove Chinese accounts spreading Hong Kong misinformation 5 Years Ago
- ‘Mindhunter’ season 2 offers no happy endings 5 Years Ago
- How to watch ‘The Righteous Gemstones’ online Today 3:03 PM
- ‘Mindhunter’ season 2 brings out the memes Today 2:59 PM
- Rumor suggests the X-Men might battle the Avengers on-screen Today 2:54 PM
- The CDC is investigating cases of severe lung damage linked to vaping Today 2:08 PM
- How to stream the 49ers vs. Broncos on (preseason) Monday Night Football Today 1:24 PM
- Trump thinks Google made 16 million people vote for Clinton Today 12:54 PM
- Danny McBride’s ‘The Righteous Gemstones’ is a wicked televangelist comedy Today 12:46 PM
- Facebook-branded coffee shops are coming Today 12:36 PM
- Twitter hosts China-backed ads maligning Hong Kong protesters Today 12:27 PM
- Jason Momoa says the ‘Justice League’ Snyder cut is ‘ssssiiicccckkkkkk’ Today 12:06 PM
Jeff Daniels and Jim Carrey outdo themselves in ‘Dumb and Dumber To’
Start prepping your pastel suit game now.
Harry’s got a kid. Lloyd’s 20 years into false insanity. His grandmother’s old and horny. Harry thinks Lloyd’s catheter can just get yanked on like a spool of yarn. And they still live in the same apartment in Providence together, cruising around in a shag-dog contractor’s wagon saying things like “I like it; I likeitalot” and naming their cats after inappropriate parts of their bodies (“This is Asshole”).
Yes, the trailer for Dumber and Dumber To is out, 20 years after the world last got a glimpse of new material from cinema’s most idiotic band of brothers, and thus we finally have some semblance of an idea for what this movie’s going to look like.
Evidently, Harry Dunne, the blond bimbo played by Jeff Daniels, had a daughter 20 years ago, one he’d never met who got put up for adoption by her mother. That daughter’s now grown, obviously, and quite the looker. So much so, in fact, that Jim Carrey’s Lloyd, who’d been faking insanity as part of a two-decade ruse to get some QT in an insane asylum, sees it fit to trek across the country to find her. Sound familiar? No doubt comedy ensues.
Dumb and Dumber To hits theaters in November. Start prepping your pastel suit game now.
Photo via Tonight Show with Jimmy Fallon/YouTube
Chase Hoffberger reported on YouTube, web culture, and crime for the Daily Dot until 2013, when he joined the Austin Chronicle. Until late 2018, he served as that paper’s news editor and reported on criminal justice and politics.