Beth Cook is a dating coach and throws private dating events for San Francisco’s most awesome and unattached. She also writes and draws about her own dating experiences. Want advice? Have advice? Send her an email.
Uh oh, things have been crazy at work and you haven’t even given a thought to a V-Day gift for your sweetie yet? Never fear, the Internet is here! And of course moi, your online romance tour guide.
When it comes to Valentine’s Day gifts, the best ones aren’t simply objects—they are experiences. Ones that the two of you can either do on Valentine’s eve itself, or in the near future. Experiences that your love will remember long past the morning of February 15th.
Here are seven gifts that your valentine will never forget:
1) A wine club subscription with a selection of wine. Get both from K&L Wine Merchants.
3) A train trip getaway, down the coast or across the country. Order Amtrak tickets and tour the American landscape.
5) A sexy surprise delivery. Luvmybox delivers a box of fun goodies the two of you can use in the bedroom together—feather boa, blindfold, vibrator, lubricants, and so on.
6) A private dinner at home. Either hire the chef to cook in your kitchen with a company like Kitchit, or get a ready-made gourmet meal delivered to your door with a company like Munchery.
7) Rent fancy outfits and hit the town. Either rent the outfits for Valentine’s Day itself and surprise your sweetie with a dress or a suit in a box, Pretty Woman style, or get gift certificates and plan a future fancy date—via Rent the Runway and Jim’s Formal Wear.
No need to rely on boring flowers or useless teddy bears this year, guys and gals. Have fun and use your imagination!
Photo via Luvmybox