- Sri Lankan government shuts down social media in wake of deadly blasts Sunday 7:56 PM
- Amazon Flex drivers now must use selfies to verify identity Sunday 6:34 PM
- #GentrifyingGeorge thinks 152-year-old HBCU should ‘just move’ Sunday 5:27 PM
- Watch out! Tonight’s episode of ‘Game of Thrones’ leaked online (updated) Sunday 3:32 PM
- Videos of people working may be the best thing on TikTok right now Sunday 1:46 PM
- How to watch ‘Game of Thrones’ season 8, episode 2 for free Sunday 7:00 AM
- Gendry is making a new weapon for Arya Stark—but what is it? Sunday 6:30 AM
- The live-action Halo series could be Showtime’s most ambitious project yet Sunday 6:00 AM
- How to watch Turner Classic Movies for free Sunday 5:30 AM
- How to watch Real Madrid vs. Athletic Bilbao online for free Sunday 5:00 AM
- ‘Star Trek’s Jonathan Frakes calls out your lies with this new meme Saturday 3:46 PM
- #JusticeForLucca trends after video shows police slam Black teen’s head into pavement Saturday 3:11 PM
- The internet is shocked to learn that Goombas do, in fact, have arms Saturday 2:02 PM
- PayPal, GoFundMe cut off armed militia that detains migrants at border Saturday 1:16 PM
- Barnwood theft may be on the rise because of ‘Fixer Upper’—and fans aren’t having it Saturday 12:23 PM
All the GIFs you need to survive the holiday.
In case you missed the memo from Nicole Westbrook, the day before Black Friday is something worth celebrating—either by hiding in your room and trawling Pinterest or by going on an extreme bird-and-potato binge. Here are all the GIFs you need—brought to you by Tumblr, Reddit, Friends, Seinfeld, and lots of anonymous animators—to survive the holiday.
Yep, we all know what day it is.
It’s the one true American tradition: Stuffing our faces until we pass out.
Before dinner, we’re a little impatient.
No matter how old we are, Thanksgiving turns us all into big babies.
Then the food comes out.
It’s really good.
We have seconds.
Then the desserts come out.
Even if we feel like this …
When they try to take our plate away, it’s like …
But we can’t fight it for long. The tryptophan kicks in. We’re goners.
We might gain a little weight.
But it’s Thanksgiving! It’s all good.
Until the day after comes.
A former assigning editor for the Daily Dot, Cooper Fleishman's work focused on the web culture and niche internet communities. He joined Mic as a senior editor in 2015. His work has been published by HyperVocal and the Good Men Project, and he previously copyedited for Rolling Stone, Men's Journal, and Us Weekly.