- Michelle Wolf embraces vulgarity in ‘Joke Show’ 8 Years Ago
- Influencer gets 14 years in prison for trying to steal domain name at gunpoint 8 Years Ago
- ‘Three Days of Christmas’ is a delightfully dark holiday alternative to Hallmark 8 Years Ago
- The way Trump Jr. holds his own book inspires mockery Today 3:47 PM
- Woman facing backlash for no longer wearing hijab in end of the decade photo Today 3:16 PM
- Report: Consulting firm lied about decreasing violence at Rikers Island jail Today 2:36 PM
- TikTok users are sharing things they thought were ‘ghetto’ as kids Today 2:31 PM
- Republicans just blocked a net neutrality vote in the Senate Today 2:24 PM
- ‘Fox & Friends’ host stuck using dad’s account after Twitter suspension Today 1:10 PM
- ‘They’ is Merriam-Webster’s word of the year Today 12:56 PM
- Inside Dolby’s big ‘Star Wars’ retrospective exhibition Today 12:48 PM
- Amazon’s ‘Clifford the Big Red Dog’ reboot isn’t for you—and that’s fine Today 11:50 AM
- Walmart pulls ‘Let it snow’ cocaine sweater, ruining Christmas Today 11:30 AM
- The way Facebook serves political ads could be driving polarization Today 11:10 AM
- A YouTuber simulated a mass shooting from his hotel room—and then posted the videos Today 11:07 AM
Redditors strip for Bitcoins
Bitcoins, the digital currency, finally get their own strip joint.
The economy of Internet porn has become entirely self-contained. Girls and guys are now stripping naked for a digital currency known as Bitcoins.
Say hello to r/GirlsGoneBitCoin, a new NSFW subreddit, or section, on social news site Reddit.
Bitcoins are a form of encrypted virtual currency whose value fluctuates depending on demand. The digital cash is currently worth $5 per coin, according to Buzzfeed. Because of the anonymous nature of the currency, Bitcoins are typically used for drugs, guns, and now, nudes.
The subreddit was created at the end of March and promoted itself by awarding bitcoins to the first 10 women who participated. Thanks in part to that promotion, r/GirlsGoneBitcoin has grown to a modest 700 subscribers.
Girls post photos of their exposed parts, along with their Bitcoin addresses scrawled in marker on their bodies, hoping that redditors will shower them with tips.
Given that porn is free and abundant on the Internet, have any Bitcoins changed virtual wallets for said nude pics?
According to the “thank you” posts in the subreddit, yes.
One woman purchased fishnets and heels with her tipped Bitcoins, then posted a NSFW picture wearing them as thanks. Another woman asked for Bitcoins to buy a sextoy. Redditors obliged, and she soon also posted a NSFW image of the purchase, with the message to her benefactors: “Thank you.”
Julian702, who launched the promotional thread that helped the subreddit grow, wrote that his project had “stimulated” the “Bitcoin economy.”
More than male redditors? Probably not.
Photo via LadyBytes
Fruzsina Eördögh was the Daily Dot's first YouTube reporter. In addition to working as a producer for the now-defunct digital channel TouchVision TV, Eördögh has been published by Vice, the Christian Science Monitor, the Guardian, Variety, and Slate.