- Here’s why you shouldn’t buy a Nintendo Switch until mid-August 7 Years Ago
- Man blasted for making his coworkers babysit his child 7 Years Ago
- Pete Buttigieg’s country radio interview was blocked from the air Today 4:35 PM
- 15-year-old Smash Bros. prodigy caught using racist slur in private Discord server Today 3:47 PM
- Instagram users who post pet pictures more likely to get hacked Today 3:45 PM
- Post-Prime Day recap: Shipping delays, more sales, and a scam Today 3:08 PM
- Jacob Wohl returns to Twitter … for now Today 1:56 PM
- How to stream WWE Raw Reunion Today 1:35 PM
- ‘I hope Trump deports you’: Woman goes on racist rant to Spanish speakers at a store Today 1:24 PM
- Emoji Mashup Bot gives life to unidentifiable emotions Today 1:15 PM
- Notorious grifter Anna Sorokin reportedly blocked from profiting off Netflix series Today 12:45 PM
- Charlottesville attacker’s Twitter account included praise for Hitler Today 12:10 PM
- ‘Short Treks’ trailer: Spock, Pike, and Number One return Today 11:57 AM
- Everything we know about ‘Star Trek: Lower Decks,’ the new animated show Today 11:55 AM
- Cole Carrigan says he left Team 10 after being called homophobic slur Today 11:32 AM
Bitcoins, the digital currency, finally get their own strip joint.
The economy of Internet porn has become entirely self-contained. Girls and guys are now stripping naked for a digital currency known as Bitcoins.
Say hello to r/GirlsGoneBitCoin, a new NSFW subreddit, or section, on social news site Reddit.
Bitcoins are a form of encrypted virtual currency whose value fluctuates depending on demand. The digital cash is currently worth $5 per coin, according to Buzzfeed. Because of the anonymous nature of the currency, Bitcoins are typically used for drugs, guns, and now, nudes.
The subreddit was created at the end of March and promoted itself by awarding bitcoins to the first 10 women who participated. Thanks in part to that promotion, r/GirlsGoneBitcoin has grown to a modest 700 subscribers.
Girls post photos of their exposed parts, along with their Bitcoin addresses scrawled in marker on their bodies, hoping that redditors will shower them with tips.
Given that porn is free and abundant on the Internet, have any Bitcoins changed virtual wallets for said nude pics?
According to the “thank you” posts in the subreddit, yes.
One woman purchased fishnets and heels with her tipped Bitcoins, then posted a NSFW picture wearing them as thanks. Another woman asked for Bitcoins to buy a sextoy. Redditors obliged, and she soon also posted a NSFW image of the purchase, with the message to her benefactors: “Thank you.”
Julian702, who launched the promotional thread that helped the subreddit grow, wrote that his project had “stimulated” the “Bitcoin economy.”
More than male redditors? Probably not.
Photo via LadyBytes
Fruzsina Eördögh was the Daily Dot's first YouTube reporter. In addition to working as a producer for the now-defunct digital channel TouchVision TV, Eördögh has been published by Vice, the Christian Science Monitor, the Guardian, Variety, and Slate.