- ‘Weathering With You’ blends fantasy and realism in a magical love story Saturday 6:18 PM
- Kidnapped teen used Snapchat to get rescued Saturday 4:35 PM
- What fans do and don’t want to see in future ‘Far Cry’ installments Saturday 4:26 PM
- Aaron Carter accused of stealing lion art for merch Saturday 3:10 PM
- Instagram’s hidden like counts were inspired by a ‘Black Mirror’ episode Saturday 2:06 PM
- Student says they were expelled for tricking teacher into making inappropriate TikTok Saturday 12:26 PM
- Space Force uniforms relentlessly mocked, memed Saturday 10:52 AM
- Man flamed after admitting he called police on Target employee over a toothbrush Saturday 9:10 AM
- Netflix’s ‘Vivir Dos Veces’ searches for a last chance at first love Saturday 8:00 AM
- Camila Cabello must do more about her racist history Saturday 6:00 AM
- Instagram and Facebook are reportedly blocking queer ads Friday 8:58 PM
- Review: Tyler Perry’s ‘A Fall From Grace’ is both nonsensical and utterly predictable Friday 6:48 PM
- Is Hulu censoring the Iran episode of Anthony Bourdain’s ‘Parts Unknown’? Friday 6:05 PM
- Trump admin celebrates Michelle Obama’s birthday by proposing rollback of her signature initiative Friday 4:01 PM
- TSA apologizes after agent grabs indigenous woman’s braids, says ‘giddyup’ Friday 3:28 PM
Redditors strip for Bitcoins
Bitcoins, the digital currency, finally get their own strip joint.
The economy of Internet porn has become entirely self-contained. Girls and guys are now stripping naked for a digital currency known as Bitcoins.
Say hello to r/GirlsGoneBitCoin, a new NSFW subreddit, or section, on social news site Reddit.
Bitcoins are a form of encrypted virtual currency whose value fluctuates depending on demand. The digital cash is currently worth $5 per coin, according to Buzzfeed. Because of the anonymous nature of the currency, Bitcoins are typically used for drugs, guns, and now, nudes.
The subreddit was created at the end of March and promoted itself by awarding bitcoins to the first 10 women who participated. Thanks in part to that promotion, r/GirlsGoneBitcoin has grown to a modest 700 subscribers.
Girls post photos of their exposed parts, along with their Bitcoin addresses scrawled in marker on their bodies, hoping that redditors will shower them with tips.
Given that porn is free and abundant on the Internet, have any Bitcoins changed virtual wallets for said nude pics?
According to the “thank you” posts in the subreddit, yes.
One woman purchased fishnets and heels with her tipped Bitcoins, then posted a NSFW picture wearing them as thanks. Another woman asked for Bitcoins to buy a sextoy. Redditors obliged, and she soon also posted a NSFW image of the purchase, with the message to her benefactors: “Thank you.”
Julian702, who launched the promotional thread that helped the subreddit grow, wrote that his project had “stimulated” the “Bitcoin economy.”
More than male redditors? Probably not.
Photo via LadyBytes
Fruzsina Eördögh was the Daily Dot's first YouTube reporter. In addition to working as a producer for the now-defunct digital channel TouchVision TV, Eördögh has been published by Vice, the Christian Science Monitor, the Guardian, Variety, and Slate.