- Netflix claims Adam Sandler’s ‘Murder Mystery’ broke viewing records 7 Years Ago
- How to watch ‘Yellowstone’ online for free 7 Years Ago
- How online allies joined a trans artist’s street art war 7 Years Ago
- These edited videos show the dark side of your favorite cartoons Today 7:00 AM
- Coca-Cola now exists in ‘Star Wars’ canon Today 6:44 AM
- How #TCOT gave birth to Trump Today 6:30 AM
- The ultimate cord-cutting guide for bilingual families Today 5:00 AM
- Boys’ sleepovers vs. girls’ sleepovers meme takes stereotypes to absurd heights Tuesday 7:30 PM
- Petition wants Keanu Reeves to be named ‘Time Person of the Year’ Tuesday 6:33 PM
- 8 women accuse Max Landis of sexual, emotional abuse Tuesday 5:37 PM
- Taylor Swift accused of copying Beyoncé—again Tuesday 5:00 PM
- Everything you need to know about Libra, Facebook’s new cryptocurrency Tuesday 4:45 PM
- Netflix just renewed ‘Queer Eye’ for 2 more seasons Tuesday 4:32 PM
- YouTube’s queen of failed robots just unveiled a one-of-a-kind Tesla truck Tuesday 3:58 PM
- AOC infuriates conservatives with ‘concentration camps’ remark Tuesday 3:33 PM
The manliest of Russia’s manly men are waiting for you on one of the Internet’s strangest dating sites.
Hayyyy layyydeeeees! Raise ’em up if you’re a single lady out there looking for a man to keep you warm in the wintertime.
Fret not, dear dames. Thanks to the Internet, there’s a hot new destination for all your manliest men. It’s called Russian Cupid, and it’s the only site out there that’s bold enough to declare itself “a leading Russian dating site connecting singles looking for love and Russian relationships.”
For absolutely no upfront cost, you can get acquainted with more than 20 million customers across the Cupid Media network, a consortium that includes such esteemed meet-up sites as Asian Dating, Colombian Cupid, and Singapore Love Links.
Can you feel it? Love is literally in the air and international.
Russian Cupid actually lays claim to “over 450,000 Russian Beauties,” but there’s simply no sense in scouring the site to see how many of them carry as much cunning as the seven Soviet sensations you see on RC’s homepage.
Instead, let’s just throw a tip of the hat to Redditor SombreroQueen, who signed his friend up for Russian Cupid and did some investigating into the, um, types of people who may sign up for this site.
“What I found WTF about this album and these submissions is what the people are wearing and or doing to find dates,” he wrote in a submission to Reddit’s r/WTF. “What people do is very interesting, but I’m looking at it from a dating perspective.
“It was either funny or WTF and because there were hairy naked russians, a guitar boat, OJ Simpson, etc., I decided to put it on WTF.”
WTF, indeed. Some of these guys look like they couldn’t get themselves a date if they were the last snowmen in Siberia.
Check out this guy hiding in the brush
Or Vladimir, with those Wentworth Miller eyes
Vladimir will skin a bear for you if it means a dinner at Ruth’s Chris
“Por moi? Por vou!”
“How’s the cake? The cake’s okay, thanks.”
Look, I wouldn’t want to go into this guy’s bedroom either
“Impressed? No? “
“Well then, what if I throw on some hair and loosen some buttons?”
“This is what I look like right now! Right now, right now!”
It’s always Christmastime when Petr’s around
“Uhhhm, actually, I’m from the states.”
Let’s just move on to the next one
Actually, eureka! We’ve found it. This is the man you should be dating
All photos via openbarrel/imgur
Chase Hoffberger reported on YouTube, web culture, and crime for the Daily Dot until 2013, when he joined the Austin Chronicle. Until late 2018, he served as that paper’s news editor and reported on criminal justice and politics.