- YouTubers Eugenia Cooney and Shane Dawson make a joint comeback 5 Years Ago
- The crushing effects of Trump’s abortion ‘gag rule’ on healthcare Today 8:00 AM
- How to live stream Pacquiao vs. Thurman Today 6:20 AM
- Review: Hulu with Live TV ensures you always have something to watch Today 6:00 AM
- How to live stream UFC on ESPN 4: Rafael dos Anjos vs. Leon Edwards Today 5:49 AM
- 2020 Democrats refuse to answer our questions about ‘Cats’ Friday 4:14 PM
- Belle Delphine’s Instagram account removed after mass reporting campaign Friday 4:08 PM
- Mariah Carey refuses old-age FaceApp challenge Friday 3:19 PM
- Journalists horrified by consolidation of Gatehouse, Gannett Friday 3:12 PM
- Facebook and Google could be tracking you on porn sites Friday 1:42 PM
- 7 best sites for psychic love readings Friday 1:20 PM
- Driver demonstrates why you always need to read road signs Friday 12:58 PM
- Area 51 remix video proves it’s the summer of Lil Nas X Friday 12:26 PM
- ‘ICE will come’: Convenience store clerk threatens customers speaking Spanish Friday 12:11 PM
- Rand Paul dodges questions about 9/11 Victims Fund, says ‘watch Fox News’ Friday 11:51 AM
‘Thrilling Adventure Hour’ and ‘Night Vale’ team up for live crossover event
Podcast fans, start buying your tickets to Seattle now.
Fans of the hit podcasts Welcome to Night Vale and The Thrilling Adventure Hour are in for a treat: the two shows are combining to do a joint cross-over event in conjunction with Emerald City Comic Con in March.
The two shows will hit Seattle on Saturday, March 29, where the Moore Theatre will be hosting Thrilling Adventure Hour creators the WorkJuice Players and Night Vale’s lead actor and narrator, Cecil Baldwin.
Adventure Hour co-creators Ben Acker & Ben Blacker said they were excited about the joint event:
“We are enormous fans of Welcome to Night Vale and are excited to combine forces with them. We’re planning some fun, silly, scary, spooky doings for everyone to see and hear and also feel. Most gratifying for us is the coming together of like minds who like to like each other.”
The two shows will also be appearing at Emerald City Comicon the weekend of March 28-30. Three-day badge-holders can take in a night of exclusive programming from the two groups, featuring a Night Vale live performance and a screening of the Kickstarter-backed Thrilling Adventure Hour Concert Film.
Though the two shows are slightly different in tone, it’s easy to see why they’d combine well— apart from their podcast format. Both shows harken back to radio shows of bygone eras. Thrilling Adventure Hour is a staged radio show and podcast on the Nerdist network in which a host of guest stars perform genre-based comedy segments. Night Vale, by writers Joseph Fink and Jeffrey Cranor, enacts the vintage feel of a sleepy small-town radio station (if the station was broadcasting from within the Twilight Zone).
Both shows have also enjoyed phenomenal success for podcasts: In 2012, the Thrilling Adventure Hour Kickstarter raised almost $200,000, enough to fund the concert film as well as a graphic novel released at last year’s San Diego Comic-Con. Night Vale has meanwhile enjoyed a run of sold-out tour dates on both coasts, and recently announced a book deal for a 2015 novel.
So far, it looks like this year will be even better for the two shows—and especially the fans who love them both.
Photo courtesy of Liezl Estipona
Aja Romano is a geek culture reporter and fandom expert. Their reporting at the Daily Dot covered everything from Harry Potter and anime to Tumblr and Gamergate. Romano joined Vox as a staff reporter in 2016.