- Jeremy Corbyn Rickrolls everyone ahead of British election Today 10:18 AM
- Trisha Paytas denies accidentally exposing herself on TikTok Today 10:04 AM
- Report: Barr wants tech antitrust probe wrapped up in 2020 Today 9:59 AM
- ‘Zybourne Clock’ original art is selling for over $4,000 on eBay Today 9:11 AM
- What is TikTok famous club, and can you trust it? Today 9:03 AM
- ‘John Wick 4’ and ‘The Matrix 4,’ both starring Keanu Reeves, will come out on the same day Today 8:54 AM
- Smoke ’em, pass ’em Week 15: It’s Tannehill’s world Today 8:45 AM
- Trump mocks Greta Thunberg over ‘person of the year’ win Today 7:55 AM
- Temple student refers to Philly as the ‘ghetto’ in ‘unacceptable’ TikTok Today 7:52 AM
- The decade the hucksters overran the halls of power Today 6:30 AM
- Ninja mocked for not knowing how to make a sandwich Wednesday 9:30 PM
- Marvel comics writer discusses misogyny in the industry Wednesday 9:09 PM
- TikTok conspiracy theorists think Juice WRLD is still alive Wednesday 7:03 PM
- Conservatives are protesting YouTube’s new harassment rules Wednesday 5:36 PM
- YouTuber’s ‘creepy’ comment about Taylor Swift’s eggs gets ratioed Wednesday 5:31 PM
9 things you could have done during Ted Cruz’s 20-hour speech
You could have driven from Washington, D.C., to Cruz’s home state of Texas.
In the time it took Republican Senator Ted Cruz to address the United States Senate, you could have driven from Washington, D.C., to Cruz’s home state of Texas.
On September 24 and September 25, Republican Senator Ted Cruz took to the Senate floor for more than 20 straight hours. He used his abnormally lengthy amount of time to protest President Obama’s healthcare reform bill—and also to read his children a bedtime story. During the speech, which was technically not an attempt at a filibuster, the White House Press Corps tweeted a reminder of just how much time his words consumed.
— WhiteHousePressCorps (@whpresscorps) September 25, 2013
Here are some other activities you could have done while waiting for Cruz to stop talking. You could…
1) Watch at least three Super Bowl games, possibly four.
2) Fully cook 80 pounds of bacon.
GIF via xxatomicskyxx/Tumblr
3) Fly nonstop from New York City to Tokyo.
GIF via liveforled/Tumblr
4) Watch the first two seasons of Breaking Bad.
GIF via entediadoateamorte/Tumblr
5) At an average reading speed of 300 words per minute, read more than half of the Bible.
6) At an average typing speed of 40 words per minute, write the entire Animal Farm novel.
GIF via denofthepsycho/Tumblr
7) Perform “Gangnam Style,” in its entirety, roughly 300 times.
GIF via fuckyeahgangnamstyle/Tumblr
8) Listen to the entire soundtrack of the Rocky Horror Picture Show roughly 25 times.
GIF via vousvoulez/Tumblr
9) If you’re this woman, you could make 300 sandwiches—and then get married.
Screengrab via NYPost.com
Screengrab via YouTube
Mike Fenn is a former contributor to the Daily Dot whose beats included Reddit, YouTube, and all things WTF. His work has also appeared in Forbes and News.com.au.