- Majority of threats made since El Paso and Dayton shootings have been made online Thursday 8:00 PM
- Miley Cyrus tweets about cheating allegations and penis cake drama Thursday 6:32 PM
- ‘The Dark Crystal: Age of Resistance’ dazzles with a timely tale Thursday 6:00 PM
- The DOJ emailed a white nationalist blog post to immigration judges Thursday 5:31 PM
- The Amazon rainforest is on fire–and people are using memes to cope Thursday 4:11 PM
- Microsoft contractors listened in on Xbox users Thursday 2:15 PM
- Anti-vaxxer assaults pro-vaccine lawmaker on Facebook Live (updated) Thursday 2:15 PM
- Oreos licked by singer Lewis Capaldi are being auctioned off on eBay Thursday 1:54 PM
- Zach Braff predicted Sean Spicer would be on ‘Dancing With the Stars’ 2 years ago Thursday 1:38 PM
- NYPD sergeant who watched Eric Garner die punished with lost vacation days Thursday 1:27 PM
- Brie Larson haters have a meltdown over a joke about Thor’s hammer Thursday 1:26 PM
- This comedian attempted to make fun of women on Twitter—and it did not go over well Thursday 1:04 PM
- Logan Paul wants to help the Amazon rainforest Thursday 12:36 PM
- Nutaku announces redesign and filters for LGBTQ porn games (updated) Thursday 12:25 PM
- This video of dozens of inflatable mattresses taking off in the wind is perfect Thursday 12:20 PM
The X-Files revival has started production, and the cast and crew are sharing the first glimpse of Mulder and Scully back together again.
While photos from outdoor filming in Vancouver have already made their way online, teases from stars Gillian Anderson and David Duchovny are enough to start the fan chatter. The six-episode miniseries won’t make it to TV until January, but the truth is out there: It’s being made, nothing big has been revealed, and fans are excited as hell.
It’s been seven years since The X-Files: I Want to Believe, but Twitter and Instagram were nonessential or nonexistent when that was filmed. This time around, the behind-the-scenes looks are coming straight from them.
Although Anderson has used her blond hair in more recent roles, she dyed her hair back to Dana Scully’s trademark red.
And who knew that two chairs would cause so many fans to swoon?
Duchovny went with a dark photo of the title page for a script. We can’t really make anything out on it, but it’s right there in front of us anyway.
And filming commenced, the X-Files Twitter account gave us our first look at Mulder and Scully—albeit one on a screen. It looks like the duo is sitting in a car together, but why is Mulder dressed the way he is? That’s something we’ll have to wait on.
Community’s Joel McHale, who is guest-starring on the revival as conservative Internet news anchor (and ally to Mulder) Tad O’Malley, has also been sharing some snapshots from the set, but don’t expect him to spoil anything either.
Is he trying to secretly tell us something? Probably not. It just looks like tape to mark where an actor will stand for a particular scene, along with an apple box for Anderson to stand on.
Is it January yet?
Photo via Gillian Anderson/Twitter
Michelle Jaworski is a staff writer and the resident Game of Thrones expert at the Daily Dot. She covers entertainment, geek culture, and pop culture and has brought her knowledge to conventions like Con of Thrones. She is based in New Jersey.