- BadBunny rips her fans for not sending her enough money 5 Years Ago
- White rapper punched in the face for saying the N-word during battle 5 Years Ago
- Hillary Clinton blasts Bernie Sanders, says ‘nobody likes him’ Today 8:57 AM
- Someone found Harry Styles’ doppelganger—and TikTok is obsessed Today 8:08 AM
- Patrick Stewart has spoken to Kevin Feige about playing Professor X again Today 7:16 AM
- ‘Shrill’ season 2 expands its world and point of view Today 7:00 AM
- Trans/Sex: Let trans art be messy, weird, and uncomfortable Today 6:00 AM
- Pediatrician gets death threats after pro-vaccine TikTok video Monday 9:37 PM
- This Australia-themed dildo is raising money to fight the bushfires Monday 8:26 PM
- Influencers say they’ve received unwanted sexual solicitations worth thousands Monday 7:39 PM
- Pregnant woman masterfully trolls gender-obsessed relative Monday 3:05 PM
- HBO’s ‘Curb Your Enthusiasm’ returns from a 2-year break with brand new ways to make you cringe Monday 3:00 PM
- Far-right accused of impersonating antifa online to encourage violence at Richmond rally Monday 1:59 PM
- Second Amendment protesters defend gun rights with truly terrible signs Monday 12:52 PM
- David Lynch surprises fans by dropping Netflix short out of the blue Monday 12:29 PM
The X-Files revival has started production, and the cast and crew are sharing the first glimpse of Mulder and Scully back together again.
While photos from outdoor filming in Vancouver have already made their way online, teases from stars Gillian Anderson and David Duchovny are enough to start the fan chatter. The six-episode miniseries won’t make it to TV until January, but the truth is out there: It’s being made, nothing big has been revealed, and fans are excited as hell.
It’s been seven years since The X-Files: I Want to Believe, but Twitter and Instagram were nonessential or nonexistent when that was filmed. This time around, the behind-the-scenes looks are coming straight from them.
Although Anderson has used her blond hair in more recent roles, she dyed her hair back to Dana Scully’s trademark red.
And who knew that two chairs would cause so many fans to swoon?
Duchovny went with a dark photo of the title page for a script. We can’t really make anything out on it, but it’s right there in front of us anyway.
And filming commenced, the X-Files Twitter account gave us our first look at Mulder and Scully—albeit one on a screen. It looks like the duo is sitting in a car together, but why is Mulder dressed the way he is? That’s something we’ll have to wait on.
Community’s Joel McHale, who is guest-starring on the revival as conservative Internet news anchor (and ally to Mulder) Tad O’Malley, has also been sharing some snapshots from the set, but don’t expect him to spoil anything either.
Is he trying to secretly tell us something? Probably not. It just looks like tape to mark where an actor will stand for a particular scene, along with an apple box for Anderson to stand on.
Is it January yet?
Photo via Gillian Anderson/Twitter
Michelle Jaworski is a staff writer and the resident Game of Thrones expert at the Daily Dot. She covers entertainment, geek culture, and pop culture and has brought her knowledge to conventions like Con of Thrones. She is based in New Jersey.