- How to stream Packers vs. Lions on Monday Night Football Sunday 7:15 PM
- College students burned author’s books after she spoke about white privilege Sunday 6:28 PM
- Texas police officer fatally shoots Black woman in her own home Sunday 3:44 PM
- Milo Yiannopoulos’ website dangerous.com was sold Sunday 1:42 PM
- First YouTube comment to hit 1 million likes is on Billie Eilish’s ‘bad guy’ music video Sunday 12:36 PM
- Girl says she was fired over exposing how Panera makes its mac and cheese on TikTok Sunday 11:34 AM
- David Harbour teased fans about Hopper’s ‘Stranger Things’ fate on ‘SNL’ Sunday 10:24 AM
- Kacey Musgraves accused of cultural appropriation–and botching it Sunday 9:19 AM
- Rihanna defends Vogue writer who received backlash for ‘winging’ interview Sunday 8:36 AM
- Here are the best PC games to add to your list Sunday 8:20 AM
- How to stream ‘Power’ season 6, episode 8 Sunday 6:00 AM
- How to stream Steelers vs. Chargers on Sunday Night Football Saturday 7:20 PM
- Popular TikTok teens accused of pretending to be gay for clout Saturday 6:38 PM
- Scott Walker’s ‘$26 haircut’ dig at Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez backfires Saturday 4:46 PM
- Halle synagogue shooter allegedly posted manifesto on anime message board Saturday 4:06 PM
Now you can order pizza from your Xbox
Society has reached peak sloth.
Pizza Hut may not sell dehydrated pizzas yet, but for Xbox Live users, this might be the next best thing.
The fast food franchise is launching an app which lets you order a pizza while you game—all without the hassle of putting down your game controller to pick up the phone or interacting with an actual person while placing your order.
The app, which is set to go live today, links your Xbox Live account with your Pizza Hut account and gives you access to the entire Pizza Hut menu. From there, you can choose any of the featured items as well as create your own masterpiece with your game controller, the sound of your voice, or Kinect gestures, although it’ll probably negate your Dance Central 3 workout.
And once your order’s placed, you can even share that information on Facebook.
You can already order pizza through Pizza Hut’s website and an iPad app, but this would be another way for people to quell their pizza craving if they don’t have a computer or it’s in another room, according to Xbox’s Larry “Major Nelson” Hryb.
“If you look at our audience, they love pizza. I mean, who doesn’t?” Hryb told Polygon. “It has international appeal, and Pizza Hut is a recognized brand that matches up well with the Xbox brand.”
In order to entice more people for the app, Pizza Hut is giving Xbox users a 15 percent discount off their first purchase as long as they download the app and order before May 6. College students procrastinating on finals, take note.
But until robots can hand us a meal pill a la The Jetsons, you’ll have to put your controller down to actually eat your pizza.
Michelle Jaworski is a staff writer and the resident Game of Thrones expert at the Daily Dot. She covers entertainment, geek culture, and pop culture and has brought her knowledge to conventions like Con of Thrones. She is based in New Jersey.