- CDC graphic warns most facial hair isn’t compatible with coronavirus protection measures Today 1:31 PM
- Tutoring website refuses to take down ad sexualizing Asian women Today 1:24 PM
- MSNBC pundit loses air time after saying Sanders staffers are ‘island of misfit Black girls’ Today 12:36 PM
- Court says YouTube isn’t subject to First Amendment scrutiny Today 11:06 AM
- Russian models are Instagramming life in Wuhan Today 11:00 AM
- Hillary Duff suggests ‘Lizzie McGuire’ revival was halted over adult storylines Today 10:37 AM
- Arrest warrant issued for 8chan founder Today 10:22 AM
- This YouTube time traveler says he’s a cyborg from 2050—and he wants you to buy merch Today 10:11 AM
- Women on Twitter are slaying the ‘Bad b*tch for a week’ challenge Today 9:30 AM
- Reddit’s CEO issues a dire warning about TikTok Today 9:03 AM
- ‘Star Trek: Picard’ episode 6 recap: ‘The Impossible Box’ Today 8:00 AM
- Faculty from over 100 schools join call for facial recognition ban Today 7:48 AM
- Ava DuVernay is making a sci-fi series for Amazon Today 6:50 AM
- Review: ‘Altered Carbon’ returns with an overcomplicated second season Today 6:00 AM
- Mike Pence, who fueled HIV outbreak, is now in charge of coronavirus outbreak Wednesday 9:15 PM
Now you can order pizza from your Xbox
Society has reached peak sloth.
Pizza Hut may not sell dehydrated pizzas yet, but for Xbox Live users, this might be the next best thing.
The fast food franchise is launching an app which lets you order a pizza while you game—all without the hassle of putting down your game controller to pick up the phone or interacting with an actual person while placing your order.
The app, which is set to go live today, links your Xbox Live account with your Pizza Hut account and gives you access to the entire Pizza Hut menu. From there, you can choose any of the featured items as well as create your own masterpiece with your game controller, the sound of your voice, or Kinect gestures, although it’ll probably negate your Dance Central 3 workout.
And once your order’s placed, you can even share that information on Facebook.
You can already order pizza through Pizza Hut’s website and an iPad app, but this would be another way for people to quell their pizza craving if they don’t have a computer or it’s in another room, according to Xbox’s Larry “Major Nelson” Hryb.
“If you look at our audience, they love pizza. I mean, who doesn’t?” Hryb told Polygon. “It has international appeal, and Pizza Hut is a recognized brand that matches up well with the Xbox brand.”
In order to entice more people for the app, Pizza Hut is giving Xbox users a 15 percent discount off their first purchase as long as they download the app and order before May 6. College students procrastinating on finals, take note.
But until robots can hand us a meal pill a la The Jetsons, you’ll have to put your controller down to actually eat your pizza.
Michelle Jaworski is a staff writer and the resident Game of Thrones expert at the Daily Dot. She covers entertainment, geek culture, and pop culture and has brought her knowledge to conventions like Con of Thrones. She is based in New Jersey.