- Facebook is helping husbands ‘brainwash’ their wives with targeted ads 6 Years Ago
- Twitch streamer Pink_Sparkles responds to gamers who don’t think she belongs 6 Years Ago
- ‘Black Panther’ nabs 7 Oscar nominations, including best picture Today 10:49 AM
- Somehow Kamala Harris will have to run for president without Bill O’Reilly’s endorsement Today 10:15 AM
- Resident Evil 2 brings old-school zombie horror back to life Today 10:00 AM
- Why Culttture came to the defense of the MAGA teens—and what it has planned next Today 9:34 AM
- Logan Paul is sorry for those ‘going gay’ comments—but he still doesn’t get it Today 9:17 AM
- Students who posted blackface Snapchat video leave school Today 9:00 AM
- Twitter suspends account that spread MAGA teen confrontation Today 8:28 AM
- Here’s how to stream all of the 2019 Oscar-nominated films Today 7:53 AM
- Here’s how to stream all of the 2019 Oscar-nominated animated shorts Today 7:39 AM
- In season 5, ‘Grace and Frankie’ turns senior moments into chances to reclaim power Today 7:30 AM
- You’ll love the ‘Bob’s Burgers’ coloring book more than Tina loves butts Today 7:03 AM
- ‘Carmen Sandiego’ reinvents its thieving protagonist as a role model action hero Today 7:00 AM
- How to watch ‘Power’ online for free Today 6:00 AM
Society has reached peak sloth.
Pizza Hut may not sell dehydrated pizzas yet, but for Xbox Live users, this might be the next best thing.
The fast food franchise is launching an app which lets you order a pizza while you game—all without the hassle of putting down your game controller to pick up the phone or interacting with an actual person while placing your order.
The app, which is set to go live today, links your Xbox Live account with your Pizza Hut account and gives you access to the entire Pizza Hut menu. From there, you can choose any of the featured items as well as create your own masterpiece with your game controller, the sound of your voice, or Kinect gestures, although it’ll probably negate your Dance Central 3 workout.
And once your order’s placed, you can even share that information on Facebook.
You can already order pizza through Pizza Hut’s website and an iPad app, but this would be another way for people to quell their pizza craving if they don’t have a computer or it’s in another room, according to Xbox’s Larry “Major Nelson” Hryb.
“If you look at our audience, they love pizza. I mean, who doesn’t?” Hryb told Polygon. “It has international appeal, and Pizza Hut is a recognized brand that matches up well with the Xbox brand.”
In order to entice more people for the app, Pizza Hut is giving Xbox users a 15 percent discount off their first purchase as long as they download the app and order before May 6. College students procrastinating on finals, take note.
But until robots can hand us a meal pill a la The Jetsons, you’ll have to put your controller down to actually eat your pizza.
Michelle Jaworski is a staff writer and the resident Game of Thrones expert at the Daily Dot. She covers entertainment, geek culture, and pop culture and has brought her knowledge to conventions like Con of Thrones. She is based in New Jersey.