- Mark Zuckerberg gives a revisionist history about why he started Facebook in big speech 5 Years Ago
- Would Hitler be allowed to tweet? Today 10:21 AM
- Twitch star Amouranth caught driving while streaming Today 9:26 AM
- John Mulaney rails on e-scooters after ‘baby boomer’ nearly hits his dog Today 9:07 AM
- How to stream Chelsea vs. Newcastle Today 9:00 AM
- How to stream Atletico Madrid vs. Valencia Today 9:00 AM
- ‘Bully. Coward. Victim.’ dives deep into the life of an ‘evil’ man Today 8:42 AM
- Paul Rudd acts his tail off in Netflix’s ‘Living With Yourself’ Today 8:15 AM
- Amazon’s ‘Modern Love’ adaptation feels like an ad for love Today 7:00 AM
- Paul Dano will play the Riddler in ‘The Batman’ Today 6:59 AM
- How Fakku pulled classic dating game True Love ’95 out of licensing hell Today 6:00 AM
- This Twitter account is parodying Amazon customer service Thursday 8:52 PM
- How to live stream Oleksandr Gvozdyk vs. Artur Beterbiev Thursday 7:00 PM
- Shaggy says an online scammer is impersonating him Thursday 6:53 PM
- IRL Barbie Malibu Dreamhouse available to rent on Airbnb Thursday 6:16 PM
The rebellion is in full tilt in this new ‘Hunger Games’ movie teaser
We interrupt this broadcast with a breaking announcement.
If the first teaser trailer from The Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 1 was straight-up propaganda, then this one is a calculated hijacking.
With the same setup as the first time around, Donald Sutherland’s President Snow appears in the Capitol to talk to the Districts about Unity with Peeta Mellark and Johanna Mason by his side. And, of course, a dozen heavily-armed Peacekeepers to send a message on a few different levels to anyone who tries to step out of line.
But sure enough, something wonky happens with the broadcast—and no, your video isn’t broken.
There’s still no glimpse of Katniss Everdeen, but that doesn’t mean we’re not thrilled to see another familiar face in District 13 with a lifting message to all of the other rebels in the Districts.
Hopefully this is all leading to an actual trailer for Mockingjay Part 1 in the near future.
Photo via The Hunger Games/YouTube
Michelle Jaworski is a staff writer and the resident Game of Thrones expert at the Daily Dot. She covers entertainment, geek culture, and pop culture and has brought her knowledge to conventions like Con of Thrones. She is based in New Jersey.