- Influencer accused of selling shirt she was supposed to promote Tuesday 8:42 PM
- Jameela Jamil dragged for comparing reproductive rights to landlord rights Tuesday 6:54 PM
- Trump campaign posts Thanos meme, totally misses point of ‘Endgame’ Tuesday 5:58 PM
- Petition calls for Apple to make a Baby Yoda emoji Tuesday 5:16 PM
- This BTS-Billie Eilish mashup is the most popular tweet of 2019 Tuesday 4:51 PM
- Michelle Wolf embraces vulgarity in ‘Joke Show’ Tuesday 4:24 PM
- Influencer gets 14 years in prison for trying to steal domain name at gunpoint Tuesday 4:14 PM
- ‘Three Days of Christmas’ is a delightfully dark holiday alternative to Hallmark Tuesday 3:55 PM
- The way Trump Jr. holds his own book inspires mockery Tuesday 3:47 PM
- Woman facing backlash for no longer wearing hijab in end of the decade photo Tuesday 3:16 PM
- Report: Consulting firm lied about decreasing violence at Rikers Island jail Tuesday 2:36 PM
- TikTok users are sharing things they thought were ‘ghetto’ as kids Tuesday 2:31 PM
- Republicans just blocked a net neutrality vote in the Senate Tuesday 2:24 PM
- ‘Fox & Friends’ host stuck using dad’s account after Twitter suspension Tuesday 1:10 PM
- ‘They’ is Merriam-Webster’s word of the year Tuesday 12:56 PM
The rebellion is in full tilt in this new ‘Hunger Games’ movie teaser
We interrupt this broadcast with a breaking announcement.
If the first teaser trailer from The Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 1 was straight-up propaganda, then this one is a calculated hijacking.
With the same setup as the first time around, Donald Sutherland’s President Snow appears in the Capitol to talk to the Districts about Unity with Peeta Mellark and Johanna Mason by his side. And, of course, a dozen heavily-armed Peacekeepers to send a message on a few different levels to anyone who tries to step out of line.
But sure enough, something wonky happens with the broadcast—and no, your video isn’t broken.
There’s still no glimpse of Katniss Everdeen, but that doesn’t mean we’re not thrilled to see another familiar face in District 13 with a lifting message to all of the other rebels in the Districts.
Hopefully this is all leading to an actual trailer for Mockingjay Part 1 in the near future.
Photo via The Hunger Games/YouTube
Michelle Jaworski is a staff writer and the resident Game of Thrones expert at the Daily Dot. She covers entertainment, geek culture, and pop culture and has brought her knowledge to conventions like Con of Thrones. She is based in New Jersey.