- Chelsea Handler tackles system racism in ‘Hello Privilege. It’s Me, Chelsea’ 5 Years Ago
- Gun control proposal: Trump, lawmakers considering background check-conducting app Today 9:05 AM
- How to stream Browns vs. Jets on Monday Night Football Today 7:00 AM
- What are anons? Today 6:30 AM
- How to stream Eagles vs. Falcons on Sunday Night Football Today 6:00 AM
- How to stream ‘Power’ season 6, episode 4 Today 5:00 AM
- How to stream WWE’s Clash of Champions 2019 Saturday 8:00 PM
- How ‘F*ck off Scotland’ became a Scottish rallying cry amid Brexit madness Saturday 6:28 PM
- A Missouri officer resigned after his Islamophobic Facebook posts surfaced Saturday 5:08 PM
- Adding ‘Triggered’ to stock photos of white men creates Netflix comedy special thumbnails Saturday 3:10 PM
- New restaurant in New York has a seriously unfortunate name: ‘Qanoon’ Saturday 1:38 PM
- These are the 10 best ‘Star Wars’ ships Saturday 12:41 PM
- Google Maps helped solve a decades-old missing persons case Saturday 12:27 PM
- Teen who plotted deadly swatting prank over Call of Duty argument gets prison time Saturday 11:58 AM
- RIP to the real star of ‘Stranger Things’: Steve Harrington’s mullet Saturday 11:04 AM
Grace Helbig and Hannah Hart to host 2014 Streamy Awards
The YouTube funny people will take center stage Sept. 7.
“Grace and Hannah are two talents that truly embody the hard work and success of today’s digital age,” said executive producer Assaf Blecher in a statement. “There is no better team to co-host the show, and we couldn’t be more excited to watch their comedic talents collide.”
Helbig and Hart have collaborated multiple times in the past, in various YouTube videos and in live settlings as part of their #NoFilter performance group with fellow YouTuber Mamrie Hart (no relation to Hannah). Helbig and Hart’s individual successes are also noteworthy, and together they command an audience of more than 3 million subscribers. Hart recently released a cookbook under the My Drunk Kitchen moniker, and Helbig is tapped to host her own E! talk show. The pair will preside over the awarding of 14 honors live, with additional categories awarded prior to the show.
“The Streamys will be filled with memorable moments, show-stopping performances, and plenty of surprises,” Helbig and Hart jointly stated (in unison, presumably) in a press release. “We’re overjoyed about hosting this year’s show together and spotlighting our talented peers who are ushering digital entertainment into the mainstream.”
The Streamys will honor the best and the brightest of digital video live from Los Angeles Sept. 7. The last Streamy Awards were hosted by Chris Hardwick of Nerdist fame, who is currently dominating Comedy Central late night programming with his @Midnight game show.
The Streamys also announced today the audience choice finalists for Entertainer and Show of the Year. Voting is now open on the Streamys website where fans can vote once per day.
Entertainer of the Year:
Show of the Year:
Screenshot via Grace Helbig/YouTube
A former YouTube reporter for the Daily Dot, Rae Votta has more than a decade of experience in the digital and entertainment industries. Her work has appeared on AOL, Huffington Post, Out Magazine, Logo, VH1, Current TV, Billboard, and NYMag. She joined Netflix in 2016.