- ‘Jojo Rabbit’ is a sweet, singular movie that loses its grip on satire 5 Years Ago
- Jordan Peterson is in rehab for Klonopin addiction 5 Years Ago
- The cat-worshipping turkey cult video, explained 5 Years Ago
- Despite legal threats and drama, the Area 51 desert event is on Today 3:05 PM
- How to stream Yair Rodriguez vs. Jeremy Stephens on UFC Fight Night Today 3:00 PM
- Twitter just launched its ‘Hide Replies’ feature Today 1:59 PM
- How to turn off image metadata before it snitches on you Today 1:36 PM
- The ‘Breaking Bad’ movie is coming to theaters—for one weekend only Today 1:04 PM
- Teens recorded, shared videos of mall fight that ended in fatal stabbing Today 12:44 PM
- How to stream Giants vs. Buccaneers in Week 3 Today 12:31 PM
- Report: Ben Carson made transphobic comments at HUD meeting Today 12:30 PM
- Where to buy the Switch Lite and everything else you need to know Today 12:28 PM
- Facebook is experimenting with apps targeting teens Today 12:21 PM
- #LiveFromTheArea51Raid: Memes and highlights from the desert Today 12:06 PM
- Ready for Dark Mode? Here’s how to get it, and everything else in iOS 13 Today 11:41 AM
Grace Helbig and Hannah Hart to host 2014 Streamy Awards
The YouTube funny people will take center stage Sept. 7.
“Grace and Hannah are two talents that truly embody the hard work and success of today’s digital age,” said executive producer Assaf Blecher in a statement. “There is no better team to co-host the show, and we couldn’t be more excited to watch their comedic talents collide.”
Helbig and Hart have collaborated multiple times in the past, in various YouTube videos and in live settlings as part of their #NoFilter performance group with fellow YouTuber Mamrie Hart (no relation to Hannah). Helbig and Hart’s individual successes are also noteworthy, and together they command an audience of more than 3 million subscribers. Hart recently released a cookbook under the My Drunk Kitchen moniker, and Helbig is tapped to host her own E! talk show. The pair will preside over the awarding of 14 honors live, with additional categories awarded prior to the show.
“The Streamys will be filled with memorable moments, show-stopping performances, and plenty of surprises,” Helbig and Hart jointly stated (in unison, presumably) in a press release. “We’re overjoyed about hosting this year’s show together and spotlighting our talented peers who are ushering digital entertainment into the mainstream.”
The Streamys will honor the best and the brightest of digital video live from Los Angeles Sept. 7. The last Streamy Awards were hosted by Chris Hardwick of Nerdist fame, who is currently dominating Comedy Central late night programming with his @Midnight game show.
The Streamys also announced today the audience choice finalists for Entertainer and Show of the Year. Voting is now open on the Streamys website where fans can vote once per day.
Entertainer of the Year:
Show of the Year:
Screenshot via Grace Helbig/YouTube
A former YouTube reporter for the Daily Dot, Rae Votta has more than a decade of experience in the digital and entertainment industries. Her work has appeared on AOL, Huffington Post, Out Magazine, Logo, VH1, Current TV, Billboard, and NYMag. She joined Netflix in 2016.