- Videos of people working may be the best thing on TikTok right now Today 1:46 PM
- How to watch ‘Game of Thrones’ season 8, episode 2 for free Today 7:00 AM
- Gendry is making a new weapon for Arya Stark—but what is it? Today 6:30 AM
- The live-action Halo series could be Showtime’s most ambitious project yet Today 6:00 AM
- How to watch Turner Classic Movies for free Today 5:30 AM
- How to watch Real Madrid vs. Athletic Bilbao online for free Today 5:00 AM
- ‘Star Trek’s Jonathan Frakes calls out your lies with this new meme Saturday 3:46 PM
- #JusticeForLucca trends after video shows police slam Black teen’s head into pavement Saturday 3:11 PM
- The internet is shocked to learn that Goombas do, in fact, have arms Saturday 2:02 PM
- PayPal, GoFundMe cut off armed militia that detains migrants at border Saturday 1:16 PM
- Barnwood theft may be on the rise because of ‘Fixer Upper’—and fans aren’t having it Saturday 12:23 PM
- Literary Twitter calls out Dzanc Books for Islamophobic, racist novel Saturday 11:40 AM
- How to watch Crawford vs. Khan online Saturday 10:00 AM
- Beyoncé has 2 more projects coming to Netflix after ‘Homecoming’ Saturday 9:53 AM
- How to watch Danny Garcia vs. Adrian Granados for free Saturday 9:00 AM
Hailie Mathers’s Twitter rant against Taylor Swift is a must-read
Eminem’s 16-year-old daughter threw some serious shade on Twitter Monday night about Taylor Swift’s encroachment on One Direction heartthrob Harry Styles.
Many of us can’t hold back our unbridled glee over new teen-gossip overlords Taylor Swift and Harry Styles. But naturally there are some outspoken haters out there—the most vocal being a Twitter user claiming to be Hailie Mathers, daughter of Marshall, a.k.a. Eminem.
Slim Shady’s rambunctious daughter—or someone claiming to be Hailie—threw some serious shade on Twitter Monday night about Swift’s encroachment on the One Direction singer. She was none too thrilled about Haylor, New York’s hottest new couple.
“if @taylorswift13 is really dating the love of my life @Harry_Styles i will not be happy.!” tweeted @hailiejade_x. Clearly displeased to be learning this pop culture news, she told Swift to stop “whoring around with every guy” she sees.
“We all know you’re only doing it so you can make another album,” she tweeted, which is so going to make seventh-period gym class awkward for all of us. She ended her Twitter rant by promising to delete Swift’s music faster than she can down a Smirnoff Ice.
“I, am never, ever, everrrrr, listening to your music againnnn @taylorswift13. LIKE EVER,” zinged @hailiejade_x.
The person behind the Mathers account has made it clear she’s #Team1D, so her frustration is totes understandable. She regularly tweets at One Direction members and gushes with her best friend, who also has a nod to 1D in her Twitter name.
Hailie, if you need a shoulder to cry on and a basket of cheese fries to mull life over with, we’re here for you, girl.
CORRECTION: In a statement to E! News, a representative for Eminem said that the rapper’s teenage daughter was not actually behind @hailiejade_x. The account has been deleted, but Facebook and Instagram accounts associated with it remain active.
Photo via Hailie Jade Scott Mathers/Facebook
A former editorial operations specialist and staff writer for the Daily Dot, Jordan Valinsky is a tech reporter and web culture commentator. His work has been published by the Week, Digiday, CNNMoney, Popular Mechanics, Vice, Mic, and Betabeat.