- The decade conspiracy theories overtook the truth 7 Years Ago
- Marianne Williamson duped into believing Trump pardoned Charles Manson 7 Years Ago
- TikTok users are freaking out about ‘predicting’ Juice WRLD’s death Today 7:59 AM
- @MugJerry and the quest for Instagram justice Today 7:00 AM
- Angela Abar wrestles with destiny in ‘Watchmen’ episode 8 Sunday 9:05 PM
- Guy who runs Trump Organization Twitter account caught hyping up own tweet Sunday 4:51 PM
- People found out how tall Olaf is–and now ‘Frozen’ is terrifying Sunday 3:41 PM
- Rapper Juice WRLD dead at 21 Sunday 3:02 PM
- Embody Andrew Yang, fight other presidential candidates in video game Sunday 2:33 PM
- Ariana Grande spoke with TikTok teen who looks exactly like her Sunday 1:00 PM
- Beyoncé accused of paying dancers ‘low rates’ Sunday 11:58 AM
- Timmy Thick blasted for saying the N-word in comeback video Sunday 9:11 AM
- Netflix’s ‘The Confession Killer’ is a devastating and well-built portrait of a con artist Sunday 8:00 AM
- Swipe This! I’m ashamed to tell anyone about my online shopping habit Sunday 6:00 AM
- UPS facing backlash for thanking police after employee killed in shootout Saturday 5:02 PM
Hailie Mathers’s Twitter rant against Taylor Swift is a must-read
Eminem’s 16-year-old daughter threw some serious shade on Twitter Monday night about Taylor Swift’s encroachment on One Direction heartthrob Harry Styles.
Many of us can’t hold back our unbridled glee over new teen-gossip overlords Taylor Swift and Harry Styles. But naturally there are some outspoken haters out there—the most vocal being a Twitter user claiming to be Hailie Mathers, daughter of Marshall, a.k.a. Eminem.
Slim Shady’s rambunctious daughter—or someone claiming to be Hailie—threw some serious shade on Twitter Monday night about Swift’s encroachment on the One Direction singer. She was none too thrilled about Haylor, New York’s hottest new couple.
“if @taylorswift13 is really dating the love of my life @Harry_Styles i will not be happy.!” tweeted @hailiejade_x. Clearly displeased to be learning this pop culture news, she told Swift to stop “whoring around with every guy” she sees.
“We all know you’re only doing it so you can make another album,” she tweeted, which is so going to make seventh-period gym class awkward for all of us. She ended her Twitter rant by promising to delete Swift’s music faster than she can down a Smirnoff Ice.
“I, am never, ever, everrrrr, listening to your music againnnn @taylorswift13. LIKE EVER,” zinged @hailiejade_x.
The person behind the Mathers account has made it clear she’s #Team1D, so her frustration is totes understandable. She regularly tweets at One Direction members and gushes with her best friend, who also has a nod to 1D in her Twitter name.
Hailie, if you need a shoulder to cry on and a basket of cheese fries to mull life over with, we’re here for you, girl.
CORRECTION: In a statement to E! News, a representative for Eminem said that the rapper’s teenage daughter was not actually behind @hailiejade_x. The account has been deleted, but Facebook and Instagram accounts associated with it remain active.
Photo via Hailie Jade Scott Mathers/Facebook
A former editorial operations specialist and staff writer for the Daily Dot, Jordan Valinsky is a tech reporter and web culture commentator. His work has been published by the Week, Digiday, CNNMoney, Popular Mechanics, Vice, Mic, and Betabeat.