- AT&T paid Michael Cohen to consult on net neutrality, FBI documents show 7 Years Ago
- Mysterio’s ruse changes on a second viewing of ‘Far From Home’ 7 Years Ago
- Twitter overturns Barrett Brown’s third permanent suspension Today 8:49 AM
- How to live stream Liga MX Today 7:56 AM
- The QBaby’s parents are already trying to profit off their kid’s fame Today 7:45 AM
- How do 4DX movies work? Today 7:00 AM
- ‘Terminator 2’s John Connor will return for ‘Terminator: Dark Fate’ Today 6:41 AM
- What are all these ‘Game of Thrones’ fans supposed to do now? Today 6:00 AM
- The new ‘Cats’ trailer is here to make you want to claw your eyes out Thursday 7:59 PM
- Bella Thorne claims Tana Mongeau ‘broke girl code’ in a series of messy tweets Thursday 7:00 PM
- Redditors keep this data engineer’s plants alive for him Thursday 5:20 PM
- Professor writes article defending ‘Asian romantic preference’—and no one is here for it Thursday 4:57 PM
- Ditch Pornhub and support adult content creators instead Thursday 4:46 PM
- Fans grieve Kyoto Animation Studio fire with #PrayforKyoAni Thursday 4:18 PM
- Netflix’s ‘Secret Obsession’ isn’t just terrible—it’s boring as hell Thursday 3:30 PM
Hailie Mathers’s Twitter rant against Taylor Swift is a must-read
Eminem’s 16-year-old daughter threw some serious shade on Twitter Monday night about Taylor Swift’s encroachment on One Direction heartthrob Harry Styles.
Many of us can’t hold back our unbridled glee over new teen-gossip overlords Taylor Swift and Harry Styles. But naturally there are some outspoken haters out there—the most vocal being a Twitter user claiming to be Hailie Mathers, daughter of Marshall, a.k.a. Eminem.
Slim Shady’s rambunctious daughter—or someone claiming to be Hailie—threw some serious shade on Twitter Monday night about Swift’s encroachment on the One Direction singer. She was none too thrilled about Haylor, New York’s hottest new couple.
“if @taylorswift13 is really dating the love of my life @Harry_Styles i will not be happy.!” tweeted @hailiejade_x. Clearly displeased to be learning this pop culture news, she told Swift to stop “whoring around with every guy” she sees.
“We all know you’re only doing it so you can make another album,” she tweeted, which is so going to make seventh-period gym class awkward for all of us. She ended her Twitter rant by promising to delete Swift’s music faster than she can down a Smirnoff Ice.
“I, am never, ever, everrrrr, listening to your music againnnn @taylorswift13. LIKE EVER,” zinged @hailiejade_x.
The person behind the Mathers account has made it clear she’s #Team1D, so her frustration is totes understandable. She regularly tweets at One Direction members and gushes with her best friend, who also has a nod to 1D in her Twitter name.
Hailie, if you need a shoulder to cry on and a basket of cheese fries to mull life over with, we’re here for you, girl.
CORRECTION: In a statement to E! News, a representative for Eminem said that the rapper’s teenage daughter was not actually behind @hailiejade_x. The account has been deleted, but Facebook and Instagram accounts associated with it remain active.
Photo via Hailie Jade Scott Mathers/Facebook
A former editorial operations specialist and staff writer for the Daily Dot, Jordan Valinsky is a tech reporter and web culture commentator. His work has been published by the Week, Digiday, CNNMoney, Popular Mechanics, Vice, Mic, and Betabeat.