- Bug lets Twitter save your DMs—even after you delete them Friday 7:21 PM
- Guy mansplains song to Japanese Breakfast, the female artist who wrote the song Friday 6:38 PM
- Ann Coulter’s Twitter bio links to a vulgar parody account Friday 5:22 PM
- Popular YouTube music channel gets income yanked for ‘repetitious’ content Friday 4:14 PM
- New website will endlessly generate fake faces thanks to AI Friday 3:41 PM
- Man fakes getting stood up at Outback Steakhouse Friday 3:03 PM
- FCC looks to tackle robocalls and spoofed texts Friday 2:57 PM
- How to protect yourself from the data breach that affected 744 million accounts Friday 12:56 PM
- How to stream Rob Brant vs. Khasan Baysangurov online for free Friday 12:21 PM
- No, Ocasio-Cortez doesn’t have her boyfriend on her payroll Friday 12:20 PM
- Writers want this book canceled for misgendering its protagonist Friday 12:15 PM
- Trump Jr’s meme about his dad’s border wall doesn’t get how Congress works Friday 11:44 AM
- FBI reportedly looking into Ryan Adams’ communications with underage girl Friday 11:25 AM
- Trump does Chinese accent, declares national emergency, bewilders the internet Friday 11:21 AM
- Chrissy Teigen throws shade at Logan Paul-Kaitlin Bennett pairing Friday 10:48 AM
Hailie Mathers’s Twitter rant against Taylor Swift is a must-read
Eminem’s 16-year-old daughter threw some serious shade on Twitter Monday night about Taylor Swift’s encroachment on One Direction heartthrob Harry Styles.
Many of us can’t hold back our unbridled glee over new teen-gossip overlords Taylor Swift and Harry Styles. But naturally there are some outspoken haters out there—the most vocal being a Twitter user claiming to be Hailie Mathers, daughter of Marshall, a.k.a. Eminem.
Slim Shady’s rambunctious daughter—or someone claiming to be Hailie—threw some serious shade on Twitter Monday night about Swift’s encroachment on the One Direction singer. She was none too thrilled about Haylor, New York’s hottest new couple.
“if @taylorswift13 is really dating the love of my life @Harry_Styles i will not be happy.!” tweeted @hailiejade_x. Clearly displeased to be learning this pop culture news, she told Swift to stop “whoring around with every guy” she sees.
“We all know you’re only doing it so you can make another album,” she tweeted, which is so going to make seventh-period gym class awkward for all of us. She ended her Twitter rant by promising to delete Swift’s music faster than she can down a Smirnoff Ice.
“I, am never, ever, everrrrr, listening to your music againnnn @taylorswift13. LIKE EVER,” zinged @hailiejade_x.
The person behind the Mathers account has made it clear she’s #Team1D, so her frustration is totes understandable. She regularly tweets at One Direction members and gushes with her best friend, who also has a nod to 1D in her Twitter name.
Hailie, if you need a shoulder to cry on and a basket of cheese fries to mull life over with, we’re here for you, girl.
CORRECTION: In a statement to E! News, a representative for Eminem said that the rapper’s teenage daughter was not actually behind @hailiejade_x. The account has been deleted, but Facebook and Instagram accounts associated with it remain active.
Photo via Hailie Jade Scott Mathers/Facebook
A former editorial operations specialist and staff writer for the Daily Dot, Jordan Valinsky is a tech reporter and web culture commentator. His work has been published by the Week, Digiday, CNNMoney, Popular Mechanics, Vice, Mic, and Betabeat.