- Ariana Grande spoke with TikTok teen who looks exactly like her 6 Years Ago
- Beyoncé accused of paying dancers ‘low rates’ Today 11:58 AM
- Timmy Thick blasted for saying the N-word in comeback video Today 9:11 AM
- Netflix’s ‘The Confession Killer’ is a devastating and well-built portrait of a con artist Today 8:00 AM
- Swipe This! I’m ashamed to tell anyone about my online shopping habit Today 6:00 AM
- UPS facing backlash for thanking police after employee killed in shootout Saturday 5:02 PM
- Sanders campaign fires staffer after anti-Semitic, homophobic tweets surface Saturday 3:13 PM
- Brother Nature was attacked, says everyone just watched with phones out Saturday 2:45 PM
- Ryan Reynolds’ gin company hires Peloton wife for ad Saturday 1:24 PM
- Ex-vegan YouTuber accused of fraud after following meat-only diet Saturday 1:11 PM
- The 15 best Disney+ hidden gems and deep cuts Saturday 12:23 PM
- Everyone in GoFundMe scam involving homeless veteran has now pleaded guilty Saturday 12:06 PM
- Boy invites kindergarten class to his adoption–and people are emotional Saturday 11:56 AM
- Reddit links leaked trade deal documents to Russian campaign Saturday 10:44 AM
- How to stream Alistair Overeem vs. Jairzinho Rozenstruik Saturday 8:30 AM
#1DDAY: One Direction will do whatever fans want, live, for 7 hours
#1DDay is coming. Prepare yourself.
Have you ever wanted to just sit down and watch seven straight hours of One Direction hanging out together and catering to your every whim?
Well, maybe not your every whim, but this is more or less what 1D Day is all about. Announced in a YouTube video today, One Direction have decided to do a seven-hour livestream this November, just hanging out online with you and several million of your best friends.
And along with a couple of unnamed celebrity guests and some typical boyband shenanigans, fans get to decide what the band will be doing onscreen.
Yes, that’s right: 1D are taking suggestions for seven hours’ worth of livestreamed video, i.e. every Directioner’s dream (almost) come true. The #1DDaySuggestions Twitter hashtag is already lighting up with ideas, mostly involving the band singing old (well, relatively old) 1D B-sides, taking their shirts off, or performing live reenactments of popular fanfiction.
#1DDAYSUGGESTIONS SING ALL THE OLD XFACTOR SOMGS WITH THEIR DEEP MATURE VOICES DJKXNDJCNS
— ?Bethh? (@liamspringle) October 2, 2013
#1DDAYSUGGESTIONS come to my house and feed me grapes
— sara (@mortalzarry) October 2, 2013
— boners (@boners) October 2, 2013
— anna (@rapunziaII) October 2, 2013
Although, as Tumblr user lightafireinside points out, there’s one major problem:
“how do you expect me to watch a 7 hour 1d livestream on doctor who’s 50th anniversary special premiere?”
Perhaps 1D can take an hour out of their schedule to watch the Doctor Who 50th anniversary special with the fans? They are a British band, after all.
Screencap via YouTube
Gavia Baker-Whitelaw is a staff writer at the Daily Dot, covering geek culture and fandom. Specializing in sci-fi movies and superheroes, she also appears as a film and TV critic on BBC radio. Elsewhere, she co-hosts the pop culture podcast Overinvested. Follow her on Twitter: @Hello_Tailor