- How to stream Manchester City vs. Shakhtar Donetsk in Champions League action 2 Years Ago
- Milo Yiannopoulos threatens to crash furry convention he is barred from 2 Years Ago
- How to stream Juventus vs. Atletico Madrid in Champions League action Today 5:52 PM
- How to stream Real Madrid vs. PSG in Champions League action Today 5:24 PM
- No-fly zone implemented over Area 51 ahead of Alienstock festival Today 5:16 PM
- TikTok accused of censoring content about Hong Kong protests Today 5:04 PM
- Smoke ’em, pass ’em, Week 3: At the Bakery Today 4:38 PM
- Alex Trebek says he will be undergoing chemotherapy again Today 4:27 PM
- Dan Crenshaw roasted after attacking Sanders’ call for veteran care Today 4:19 PM
- How to stream NXT for its USA network debut Today 4:12 PM
- This website will show you how AI classifies you Today 3:22 PM
- School tells Black 4-year-old to cut his hair or wear a dress Today 3:17 PM
- Lizzo called a ‘snitch’ for accusing Postmates runner of stealing food Today 2:30 PM
- Government sues Edward Snowden for breaking a non-disclosure agreement Today 2:21 PM
- How to stream Tottenham Hotspur vs. Olympiacos in the Champions League Today 1:56 PM
Childish Gambino has become the center of a weird new meme on Twitter this week, as fans reimagined what “Redbone,” a fan favorite single off his 2016 Awaken, My Love! album, would sound like in any context.
The meme began on May 13, when one Twitter user posted muffled audio of “Redbone” and said it was what the song would sound like while making out in the bathroom of a house party.
The Redbone meme was born.
What Redbone would sound like while you're making out in the bathroom of a house party pic.twitter.com/1X4T7jFvZc— chloé (@chloestixx) May 14, 2017
Since the original post, each new addition to the meme has grown more sarcastic and ridiculous. Now there seems to be a way to know how “Redbone” would sound in any given situation–whether you’re in the ER or in the middle of a roasting sesh in the bathroom of a house party.
what redbone would sound like if it was made in the late 80's pic.twitter.com/a55xdX8DSz— em (@kroenckemma) May 22, 2017
what redbone would sound like if u were in the dining room of gordon ramsays hells kitchen pic.twitter.com/XzFOfNNIg0— young sosa (@chulomang) May 23, 2017
What Redbone would sound like while you're playing Gamecube in the bathroom of a house party pic.twitter.com/MvRmSLQ4L8— tristan brown (@_tristanbrown) May 22, 2017
What redbone would sound like if you were in a roast sesh in a bathroom at a house party pic.twitter.com/DV9PsfjVLN— cvnvs (@KevinCanas) May 23, 2017
here's what redbone would sound like if it was actually worth listening to pic.twitter.com/B9o5ic863I— sosa artisia (@skrongmeat_) May 22, 2017
what childish gambino's "Redbone" would sound like if you replaced the entirety of it by the intro of Chief Keef's 2012 hit,"Love Sosa" pic.twitter.com/51O43RpMG0— eugene (@crackhead_1000) May 22, 2017
what redbone would sound like in the ER pic.twitter.com/m4yyxlOKZr— IBUKUN. (@verynicegirll) May 22, 2017
What Redbone would sound like when you're eating Nature Valley Bar granola crumbs from the linoleum floor in the bathroom at a party pic.twitter.com/94fQBPbhSC— shaddai (@falsejacksonvp) May 23, 2017
What Redbone would sound like if you paused it pic.twitter.com/Faeq0wAvhD— emiliano (@vroadkill) May 21, 2017
What Redbone would sound like if you were standing in line for the bathroom next to a guy whos only heard it once but still sings along pic.twitter.com/GpUxUzh5Kt— Ian Crumley (@iancrumley) May 24, 2017
What Redbone sounds like when you're blind pic.twitter.com/iBunhGIkfG— Bryce ++® (@BoolinBryce) May 23, 2017
What redbone would sound like if you turned off the lights pic.twitter.com/mrBHqFww5M— EMANUEL (@blingspice) May 23, 2017
What redbone would sound like if you're a sorority girl in the bathroom of a bar pic.twitter.com/hzlfHQuBkd— squid. (@JoshJarabek) May 24, 2017
Not everyone is a fan of the new meme, though.
redbone is murdered. dead. you guys killed a beautiful song. but then again y'all kill everything— bri :') (@_bbbridgett) May 23, 2017
i hate y'all for turning redbone into a meme— ebon (@abstractnights) May 23, 2017
redbone just became a meme y'all ruin everything— lil heart (@lavenderhoneyy) May 23, 2017
Notoriously silent on the internet, Donald Glover–aka Childish Gambino–has not yet commented about the meme.
Tess Cagle is a reporter who focuses on politics, lifestyle, and streaming entertainment. Her work has appeared in the New York Times, Texas Monthly, the Austin American-Statesman, Damn Joan, and Community Impact Newspaper. She’s also a portrait, events, and live music photographer in Central Texas.