- Former developer at software company deletes his code to protest its ties to ICE 2 Weeks Ago
- A mysterious website is doxing Hong Kong protesters and journalists Today 1:44 PM
- The best ‘Skyrim’ followers and how to get them Today 1:26 PM
- Why Joel Osteen gets cyberbullied every time Houston floods Today 12:40 PM
- How to stream Jets vs. Patriots in Week 3 Today 12:39 PM
- 10 indie dating simulator games you should be playing Today 12:31 PM
- How to stream Packers vs. Broncos in Week 3 Today 12:14 PM
- Saudi crown prince’s former adviser suspended from Twitter Today 11:57 AM
- How to stream Cowboys vs. Dolphins in Week 3 Today 11:57 AM
- YouTuber to pay restitution after a teen fan died copying her video Today 10:36 AM
- Antonio Brown sent ‘intimidating’ texts to an accuser, including a pic of her children Today 9:38 AM
- Facebook suspended tens of thousands of apps after Cambridge Analytica scandal Today 8:24 AM
- How to stream Browns vs. Rams on Sunday Night Football Today 6:00 AM
- How to watch ‘NFL Primetime’ on ESPN+ Today 5:00 AM
- How to stream Liverpool vs. Chelsea Friday 6:45 PM
If you have insomnia, heightened anxiety, or something else interfering with nightly rest, podcasts for sleep can help you relax.
Podcasts are an excellent medium for sleep assistance, since people have long used audio to help with relaxation. Above all, podcasts for sleep use a variety of tried-and-true methods, including ASMR, guided meditation, and old-fashioned bedtime stories.
Grab your pillow and headphones, because these 10 are the best podcasts for sleep.
10 best podcasts for sleep
Listen: Apple Podcasts, Stitcher, SoundCloud
Sleep With Me is a podcast for people who have insomnia or otherwise struggle to fall asleep. The podcast is a collection of bedtime stories, each about 1 1/2 hours long. Over 300 episodes are already online. The podcast also publishes new episodes about every three days. The stories are entirely random, and they use character voices to help you fall asleep.
Listen: Apple Podcasts, Stitcher
Sleep to Strange takes the sillier stories from Sleep With Me and then strips the introduction. As a result, each podcast episode is 100% content to help you get to sleep. The podcast says it uses “progressive boredom” to distract listeners’ minds from their anxiety. Each episode is around 45 minutes.
Listen: Apple Podcasts, Stitcher, Podbean, Player FM
In Miette’s Bedtime Story Podcast, narrator Miette tells stories from around the world. Although this sleep podcast is no longer publishing new episodes, over 100 are in its catalog. Reviews say Miette’s tone of voice is relaxing enough to make anyone fall asleep. Plus, this podcast has a shorter run time, as episodes typically last 10 to 30 minutes.
Listen: Apple Podcasts, Stitcher, Podbean, Player FM
Deep Energy 2.0 is a podcast of ambient music to help listeners sleep, meditate, relax, enjoy a massage, or do yoga. Each episode is 60 minutes of new age–style music by Jim Butler. Over 100 episodes are online, and new ones publish about once a week.
5) ASMR Station
Listen: Apple Podcasts, Player FM, Stitcher, Spreaker
ASMR Station uses sounds that trigger the autonomous sensory meridian response to relax its listeners. Enthusiasts say the experience—characterized by a tingling sensation on the skin—relieves stress and makes you tired. As a result, listening to the podcast in bed can help you sleep. The podcast updates a few times a year with 30-minute episodes of various sounds.
- The best adult cartoons on Hulu
- 15 underrated movies on Netflix you need to see
- The best music streaming apps of 2019
Listen: Apple Podcasts, Stitcher, Public Radio, Player FM, Spotify, Podbean
Sleep and Relax ASMR uses ASMR triggers to help listeners relax. For example, some sounds include waves, snow crunching on a mountain, and whispered storytelling. Similar to a few others, this podcast’s run time is shorter. Each episode is about 30 minutes.
Listen: Apple Podcasts, SoundCloud, Player FM, Spotify
Daily Meditation Podcast provides listeners with meditation techniques from teacher Mary Meckley. Each week features a new theme to teach you how to manage emotions and stress triggers. Importantly, the podcast has a seven-part series on improving sleep. During that series, the podcast shows you how to calm your body. The library boasts over 300 episodes, with each one running just 10 minutes.
Listen: Apple Podcasts
In The ASMR Podcast, guest hosts curate series of stimulating audio. For example, previous series include Blu Steel, Ariel ASMR, Hermetic Kitten, and Sherlock ASMR. Episodes are uploaded just a few times a year. Plus, each is only about 10 minutes long.
Listen: Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Player FM, Podbean
Hypnotherapist Chel Hamilton hosts Meditation Minis, a podcast of guided meditations. The podcast helps calm anxiety, overcome negative thinking, and increase confidence. Hamilton publishes new content a few times a month, and each episode is 10 minutes. Past podcast episodes, for instance, aimed to help listeners fall asleep and move on from past pain.
10) Sleep Whispers
Listen: Apple Podcasts, Stitcher, Spotify, Player FM, Podbean
Sleep Whispers is a collection of whispered stories, meditations, poems, and other calming readings. Each podcast episode aims to help listeners drift to sleep by the time it ends. Past episodes, for instance, have featured readings of quotes, random facts, and short stories.
Tess Cagle is a reporter who focuses on politics, lifestyle, and streaming entertainment. Her work has appeared in the New York Times, Texas Monthly, the Austin American-Statesman, Damn Joan, and Community Impact Newspaper. She’s also a portrait, events, and live music photographer in Central Texas.