- Curvy Wife Guy drops music video for rap song ‘Chubby Sexy’ Friday 7:33 PM
- A ‘Black Mirror’ spinoff mini-series is coming to YouTube via Netflix Latin America Friday 5:56 PM
- Kanye West appears on David Letterman’s Netflix show to talk Trump, TMZ, and Drake Friday 3:27 PM
- QAnon believers link small-town arrest to deep state conspiracy without evidence Friday 1:58 PM
- Instagram photos showing prison conditions spark massive protest Friday 1:33 PM
- ‘Gay rat wedding’ headline sparks amazing new meme Friday 1:03 PM
- ‘I read a gossip piece’ meme mocks Moby’s Instagram post Friday 12:39 PM
- Rotten Tomatoes wants to see your ticket stub to leave a verified review Friday 11:46 AM
- ‘Sonic the Hedgehog’ movie delayed to 2020 to fix his look Friday 11:39 AM
- ‘Swamp Thing’ gets off to a promising start, but can it tell a convincing love story? Friday 11:34 AM
- ‘Falling on deaf ears’: ‘Queer Eye’ star sparks conversation about ableist idioms Friday 11:15 AM
- Parents are spending thousands on YouTube camps that teach kids how to be famous Friday 10:43 AM
- In season 2 of ‘She’s Gotta Have It,’ Spike Lee remains unapologetically himself Friday 10:36 AM
- Trump selling Pride shirts is a grotesque insult to the LGBTQ community Friday 10:27 AM
- Logan Paul is being mocked for pulling out of slapping competition Friday 9:57 AM
KSI, whose real name is Olajide William Olatunji, made the Reddit request earlier this week. In a post titled “lol good luck tryna roast me,” KSI posted a photo of himself minus his ever-present bandana. In true Reddit form, users took his challenge to the next level, dishing out savage digs left and right.
In his reaction video, KSI alternated between pained laughter and flabbergasted silence.
In the video, KSI browsed through numerous burns about his celebrity status, his forehead and, mostly, his hair. Comparisons ranged from “dying kelp,” “moldy Cheetos,” and “a dirty mop,” to “coral that spent its entire lifetime in a sewer.”
The entire video is gold, as KSI digged his way through brutal shade and painfully on-point comparisons, but it reached its peak around the 4:55 mark. “Your film got a lower rating than Alvin and the chipmunks,” user Daveatron wrote. “Also lower than ‘The nut job 2: nutty by nature,'” AlbrechtArt added.
KSI was clearly taken aback when he stumbled across these comments. “Fuck off, is that true?” he asked, before immediately switching over to IMDB. Alvin and the Chipmunks, as Daveatron noted, boasts a 5.2 out of 10. KSI’s Laid in America, on the other hand, has only a 4.6 out of 10. The Nut Job 2: Nutty by Nature has the highest score of the three, at 5.4 out of 10.
By the end of the 11-minute video, KSI is thoroughly finished reading the abuse. “Definitely not looking forward to looking at my own Reddit and Twitter anytime soon,” he said.
“Hopefully you guys enjoyed me getting roasted because I didn’t. I fucking hated it.”
Nahila Bonfiglio reports on geek culture and gaming. Her work has also appeared on KUT's Texas Standard (Austin), KPAC-FM (San Antonio), and the Daily Texan.