- Study: Netflix released more originals than licensed titles last year Today 2:26 PM
- Laura Ingraham, Dinesh D’Souza slam journalist for having a job Today 1:40 PM
- Netflix is testing a cheap-as-hell mobile-only plan Today 1:08 PM
- Astrology app Co-Star’s bizarre push notifications are now a meme Today 12:18 PM
- ‘The Dirt’ offers a sanitized history of Mötley Crüe—but why? Today 11:42 AM
- ‘The Dirt’ director Jeff Tremaine on Mötley Crüe’s long, difficult road to Netflix Today 11:30 AM
- Here’s video of yet another alleged gunman looking for YouTuber Adam22 Today 11:09 AM
- 12 mugs that are absolutely purr-fect for cat enthusiasts Today 10:58 AM
- Jared Kushner used WhatsApp for official White House business Today 10:50 AM
- Unsettled Tom memes are on the rise Today 10:36 AM
- Trans student nominated for prom king told by administration to run for queen Today 10:07 AM
- Trump turns on his favorite cable news network Today 8:56 AM
- Skillshare is offering new users one month of premium for less than $1 Today 8:34 AM
- How to stream Bellator 218 for free Today 8:00 AM
- Jordan Peele’s ‘Us’ is already a meme gold mine Today 7:18 AM
KSI, whose real name is Olajide William Olatunji, made the Reddit request earlier this week. In a post titled “lol good luck tryna roast me,” KSI posted a photo of himself minus his ever-present bandana. In true Reddit form, users took his challenge to the next level, dishing out savage digs left and right.
In his reaction video, KSI alternated between pained laughter and flabbergasted silence.
In the video, KSI browsed through numerous burns about his celebrity status, his forehead and, mostly, his hair. Comparisons ranged from “dying kelp,” “moldy Cheetos,” and “a dirty mop,” to “coral that spent its entire lifetime in a sewer.”
The entire video is gold, as KSI digged his way through brutal shade and painfully on-point comparisons, but it reached its peak around the 4:55 mark. “Your film got a lower rating than Alvin and the chipmunks,” user Daveatron wrote. “Also lower than ‘The nut job 2: nutty by nature,'” AlbrechtArt added.
KSI was clearly taken aback when he stumbled across these comments. “Fuck off, is that true?” he asked, before immediately switching over to IMDB. Alvin and the Chipmunks, as Daveatron noted, boasts a 5.2 out of 10. KSI’s Laid in America, on the other hand, has only a 4.6 out of 10. The Nut Job 2: Nutty by Nature has the highest score of the three, at 5.4 out of 10.
By the end of the 11-minute video, KSI is thoroughly finished reading the abuse. “Definitely not looking forward to looking at my own Reddit and Twitter anytime soon,” he said.
“Hopefully you guys enjoyed me getting roasted because I didn’t. I fucking hated it.”
Nahila Bonfiglio reports on geek culture and gaming. Her work has also appeared on KUT's Texas Standard (Austin), KPAC-FM (San Antonio), and the Daily Texan.