- Everything we know so far about Peacock, NBC’s new streaming service Tuesday 7:42 PM
- Selena Gomez producing docuseries about immigration for Netflix Tuesday 7:11 PM
- How to stream Manchester City vs. Shakhtar Donetsk in Champions League action Tuesday 6:14 PM
- Milo Yiannopoulos threatens to crash furry convention he is barred from Tuesday 5:54 PM
- How to stream Juventus vs. Atletico Madrid in Champions League action Tuesday 5:52 PM
- How to stream Real Madrid vs. PSG in Champions League action Tuesday 5:24 PM
- No-fly zone implemented over Area 51 ahead of Alienstock festival Tuesday 5:16 PM
- TikTok accused of censoring content about Hong Kong protests Tuesday 5:04 PM
- Smoke ’em, pass ’em, Week 3: At the Bakery Tuesday 4:38 PM
- Alex Trebek says he will be undergoing chemotherapy again Tuesday 4:27 PM
- Dan Crenshaw roasted after attacking Sanders’ call for veteran care Tuesday 4:19 PM
- How to stream NXT for its USA network debut Tuesday 4:12 PM
- This website will show you how AI classifies you Tuesday 3:22 PM
- School tells Black 4-year-old to cut his hair or wear a dress Tuesday 3:17 PM
- Lizzo called a ‘snitch’ for accusing Postmates runner of stealing food Tuesday 2:30 PM
In the wake of a dozen-plus women coming forward with sexual-abuse allegations against Hollywood mogul Harvey Weinstein, former associate Ben Affleck has become another industry elite surrounded by troubling allegations. Makeup artist Annamarie Tendler tweeted that the actor groped her at the 2014 Golden Globes party Wednesday afternoon.
Internet users have dug up old, harassment-filled interviews Affleck did on MTV and in Canada, but this marks the first accusation stemming from a behind-the-scenes encounter presented against the Batman actor.
“I would also love to get an apology from Ben Affleck who grabbed my ass at the Golden Globes party in 2014,” Tendler says in the first tweet, before following with more tweets detailing how the actor “cupped” her butt and tried to play it off.
I would also love to get an apology from Ben Affleck who grabbed my ass at a Golden Globes party in 2014.— Annamarie Tendler (@amtendler) October 11, 2017
He walked by me, cupped my butt and pressed his finger into my crack.— Annamarie Tendler (@amtendler) October 11, 2017
Like most women in these situations I didn't say anything but I have thought a lot about what I'd say if I ever saw him again.— Annamarie Tendler (@amtendler) October 11, 2017
On Tuesday Affleck came under scrutiny after the sincerity of his public statement denouncing Weinstein came under fire: Rose McGowan called him out in a tweet, stating he was well aware of Weinstein’s alleged conduct for years.
After McGowan’s call-out, former Total Request Live host Hilarie Burton said Affleck groped her on-air in 2003 less than a day after his statement, followed by a 2004 video resurfacing where the actor made several inappropriate comments about TV host Anne-Marie Losique’s breasts and held her in his lap.
Affleck tweeted out an apology Wednesday for acting “inappropriately toward Ms. Burton,” but did not address Tendler’s claim.
H/T the Cut
Danielle Ransom is a journalist who has worked as a researcher for CNN, NBC's KXAN-TV, CBS' KEYE-TV.