- West Virginia corrections employees suspended after Nazi salute photo surfaces Thursday 8:02 PM
- Here are the 15 best Eddie Murphy movies available to stream Thursday 7:56 PM
- Ex-InfoWars video editor admits to making up Islamophobic stories Thursday 6:55 PM
- WhatsApp accounts deleted amid Kashmir internet blackout Thursday 6:21 PM
- Guy gets mocked for tattoo of Baby Yoda drinking White Claw Thursday 6:18 PM
- Spotify Wrapped has people asking just how much it knows about us Thursday 5:50 PM
- Instagram account allegedly asked for inappropriate photos of children Thursday 5:16 PM
- How to stream ‘Boys vs. Bears on Thursday Night Football Thursday 4:33 PM
- Woman caught her boyfriend cheating through his Fitbit Thursday 4:29 PM
- The Pete Buttigieg ‘High Hopes’ dance was designed by an intern Thursday 4:17 PM
- TikTok admits to hiding content made by fat, LGBTQ, and disabled users Thursday 3:58 PM
- ‘Merry Happy Whatever’ is an unoriginal sitcom with plenty of holiday cheer Thursday 3:55 PM
- The ‘Pod Save America’ Bros are losing it over Joe Biden’s newest ad Thursday 3:28 PM
- Van Halen had a wholesome response in defense of Billie Eilish Thursday 3:15 PM
- Influencer faces wrath of K-pop fans after her son played with penis-shaped soap Thursday 1:27 PM
In the wake of a dozen-plus women coming forward with sexual-abuse allegations against Hollywood mogul Harvey Weinstein, former associate Ben Affleck has become another industry elite surrounded by troubling allegations. Makeup artist Annamarie Tendler tweeted that the actor groped her at the 2014 Golden Globes party Wednesday afternoon.
Internet users have dug up old, harassment-filled interviews Affleck did on MTV and in Canada, but this marks the first accusation stemming from a behind-the-scenes encounter presented against the Batman actor.
“I would also love to get an apology from Ben Affleck who grabbed my ass at the Golden Globes party in 2014,” Tendler says in the first tweet, before following with more tweets detailing how the actor “cupped” her butt and tried to play it off.
I would also love to get an apology from Ben Affleck who grabbed my ass at a Golden Globes party in 2014.— Annamarie Tendler (@amtendler) October 11, 2017
He walked by me, cupped my butt and pressed his finger into my crack.— Annamarie Tendler (@amtendler) October 11, 2017
Like most women in these situations I didn't say anything but I have thought a lot about what I'd say if I ever saw him again.— Annamarie Tendler (@amtendler) October 11, 2017
On Tuesday Affleck came under scrutiny after the sincerity of his public statement denouncing Weinstein came under fire: Rose McGowan called him out in a tweet, stating he was well aware of Weinstein’s alleged conduct for years.
After McGowan’s call-out, former Total Request Live host Hilarie Burton said Affleck groped her on-air in 2003 less than a day after his statement, followed by a 2004 video resurfacing where the actor made several inappropriate comments about TV host Anne-Marie Losique’s breasts and held her in his lap.
Affleck tweeted out an apology Wednesday for acting “inappropriately toward Ms. Burton,” but did not address Tendler’s claim.
H/T the Cut
Danielle Ransom is a journalist who has worked as a researcher for CNN, NBC's KXAN-TV, CBS' KEYE-TV.