- ‘Watchmen’ episode 5: Looking Glass just became one of the most compelling characters Sunday 9:05 PM
- Man allegedly kills girlfriend, then pretends to be her on Facebook Sunday 4:29 PM
- Trevor Lawrence met TikTok teen who looks just like him Sunday 3:48 PM
- Trump’s hospital visit spawns conspiracy theories Sunday 2:49 PM
- ‘SNL’ skit combines Harry Styles, the Popeyes chicken sandwich, and Disney+ Sunday 2:02 PM
- Doctored photo of GOP congresswoman flipping the bird fools critics Sunday 1:05 PM
- Internet scammers taking advantage of Narwhal the ‘unicorn’ rescue puppy Sunday 12:19 PM
- Sunday Night Football: How to stream Bears vs. Rams live Sunday 12:00 PM
- CupcakKe’s month-long ‘water fast’ has fans concerned Sunday 11:24 AM
- Will.i.am claims ‘racist’ flight attendant called police on him Sunday 10:28 AM
- How does Disney+ compare to Netflix, Hulu, HBO Max, and Apple TV+? Sunday 9:35 AM
- How to stream Patriots vs. Eagles live Sunday 9:30 AM
- Girl turns herself into ‘pleading face’ emoji Sunday 9:27 AM
- How to stream Cowboys vs. Lions live Sunday 9:00 AM
- Chaotic good, true neutral: The 2020 Democrat alignment chart Sunday 6:30 AM
President Donald Trump visited Puerto Rico on Tuesday in the wake of Hurricane Maria. This was his chance to show some some compassion to the survivors, especially after tweeting insults about San Juan Mayor Carmen Yulín Cruz over the weekend. Instead he made a joke about the disaster messing up the government’s budget. And he handed out emergency supplies like he was on a game show.
Here’s Trump tossing paper towel rolls:
This photo is art (by Reuters' Jonathan Ernst) pic.twitter.com/QEqEGfBBME— Alan Yuhas (@AlanYuhas) October 3, 2017
The internet did not think it was a good move.
Trump— Sam Stein (@samstein) October 3, 2017
-Told PR to be proud “only” 16 dead
-Complained bout recovery cost
-Shot paper towels into crowd
-Told victim to “have a good time"
Republicans: Kneeling for the National Anthem is offensive.— Full Frontal (@FullFrontalSamB) October 3, 2017
Trump: What if I throw paper towels at hurricane survivors? pic.twitter.com/p8aofglDIc
This is horrendous. This isn’t how you distribute ANYTHING to victims of a natural disaster. https://t.co/aBmgEm2kUE— Shaun King (@ShaunKing) October 3, 2017
Me throwing back those paper towels pic.twitter.com/pFzug44r0k— jay (@jayfromtex) October 3, 2017
The video of Trump throwing out paper towels in Puerto Rico is even worse than I imagined pic.twitter.com/gBK9MQ0YmE— Roland Scahill (@rolandscahill) October 3, 2017
Americans in Puerto Rico have no power, are starving, are thirsty & trump threw paper towels at a crowd organized to praise him. Vile.— Ricky Davila (@TheRickyDavila) October 3, 2017
MARIE ANTRUMPETTE— Cher (@cher) October 4, 2017
“LET THEM EAT TOWELS” 👑 pic.twitter.com/VNPqBmh3ly
How many rolls of paper towels does it take to sop up a hurricane?— Anthony Houser (@tonyhouser) October 3, 2017
Trump looked like he was taking a jump shot, which people began to parody. It became an instant meme.
Found this vid of Trump when he took his paper towel basketball style distribution to the next level pic.twitter.com/ACAqYvSFpE— Denlesks (@Denlesks) October 3, 2017
I imagine instead of "Kobe!" Trump yells, "Nixon!" after each paper towel shot. pic.twitter.com/7SV0RLLgCH— Matthew A. Cherry (@MatthewACherry) October 3, 2017
What a collection of photos we’ll have of this presidency by the end of 2017.
Tiffany Kelly is the Unclick editor at Daily Dot. Previously, she worked at Ars Technica and Wired. Her writing has appeared in several other print and online publications, including the Los Angeles Times, Popular Mechanics, and GQ.