- Keanu Reeves could join the MCU, according to Kevin Feige 2 Years Ago
- How to watch the U.S. women vs. Sweden online for free Today 7:00 AM
- What were these QAnon fans doing posing at Guantanamo Bay? Today 6:30 AM
- How to watch the 2019 NBA Draft online for free Today 6:00 AM
- Ta-Nehisi Coates dismantles Mitch McConnell’s anti-reparations argument Wednesday 7:52 PM
- Whoopi Goldberg stirs debate over her opinion regarding Bella Thorne’s nudes Wednesday 7:04 PM
- Joe Biden really, really hates raves Wednesday 6:02 PM
- RIP to the Twitter geotagging feature that no one actually used Wednesday 5:14 PM
- Facebook contractors reveal the horrors of moderating graphic content Wednesday 4:42 PM
- Prosecutor almost directly quoted Bible in trial against man who helped migrants Wednesday 4:05 PM
- TikTok’s time warp videos get it twisted Wednesday 4:03 PM
- Is a ‘Stranger Things’ and Fortnite crossover event going to happen? Wednesday 3:55 PM
- YouTube reportedly thinking about moving all kids content off the main site Wednesday 3:50 PM
- AOC calls out Democrats for tone-deaf Beyoncé tweet Wednesday 3:15 PM
- Democrat candidates come out as ‘wife guys’ Wednesday 2:45 PM
President Donald Trump visited Puerto Rico on Tuesday in the wake of Hurricane Maria. This was his chance to show some some compassion to the survivors, especially after tweeting insults about San Juan Mayor Carmen Yulín Cruz over the weekend. Instead he made a joke about the disaster messing up the government’s budget. And he handed out emergency supplies like he was on a game show.
Here’s Trump tossing paper towel rolls:
— CBS News (@CBSNews) October 3, 2017
This photo is art (by Reuters' Jonathan Ernst) pic.twitter.com/QEqEGfBBME
— Alan Yuhas (@AlanYuhas) October 3, 2017
The internet did not think it was a good move.
-Told PR to be proud “only” 16 dead
-Complained bout recovery cost
-Shot paper towels into crowd
-Told victim to “have a good time"
— Sam Stein (@samstein) October 3, 2017
Republicans: Kneeling for the National Anthem is offensive.
Trump: What if I throw paper towels at hurricane survivors? pic.twitter.com/p8aofglDIc
— Full Frontal (@FullFrontalSamB) October 3, 2017
This is horrendous. This isn’t how you distribute ANYTHING to victims of a natural disaster. https://t.co/aBmgEm2kUE
— Shaun King (@ShaunKing) October 3, 2017
Me throwing back those paper towels pic.twitter.com/pFzug44r0k
— jay (@jayfromtex) October 3, 2017
The video of Trump throwing out paper towels in Puerto Rico is even worse than I imagined pic.twitter.com/gBK9MQ0YmE
— Roland Scahill (@rolandscahill) October 3, 2017
Americans in Puerto Rico have no power, are starving, are thirsty & trump threw paper towels at a crowd organized to praise him. Vile.
— Ricky Davila (@TheRickyDavila) October 3, 2017
“LET THEM EAT TOWELS” 👑 pic.twitter.com/VNPqBmh3ly
— Cher (@cher) October 4, 2017
How many rolls of paper towels does it take to sop up a hurricane?
— Anthony Houser (@tonyhouser) October 3, 2017
Trump looked like he was taking a jump shot, which people began to parody. It became an instant meme.
Found this vid of Trump when he took his paper towel basketball style distribution to the next level pic.twitter.com/ACAqYvSFpE
— Denlesks (@Denlesks) October 3, 2017
I imagine instead of "Kobe!" Trump yells, "Nixon!" after each paper towel shot. pic.twitter.com/7SV0RLLgCH
— Matthew A. Cherry (@MatthewACherry) October 3, 2017
What a collection of photos we’ll have of this presidency by the end of 2017.
Tiffany Kelly is the Unclick editor at Daily Dot. Previously, she worked at Ars Technica and Wired. Her writing has appeared in several other print and online publications, including the Los Angeles Times, Popular Mechanics, and GQ.