- ‘Squash the boss’: Labor union seemingly unknowingly posted furry fetish art Tuesday 8:04 PM
- TikTok user pretending to be lab technician who has contracted coronavirus Tuesday 7:08 PM
- Caroline Calloway says she plans to campaign for Bernie Sanders Tuesday 6:23 PM
- Justin Bieber, Snoop Dogg, millions of others sign petition to make Kobe Bryant new NBA logo Tuesday 5:39 PM
- No, Lana Del Rey did not cry because Billie Eilish won album of the year Tuesday 4:48 PM
- People are exposing their eyeballs to phone flash for this TikTok challenge Tuesday 3:55 PM
- Watch Mike Bloomberg try to shake a dog’s mouth Tuesday 3:41 PM
- ‘Rey who?’ is the funniest meme to emerge from ‘The Rise of Skywalker’ Tuesday 3:30 PM
- AI beat the CDC to the punch on coronavirus warnings Tuesday 3:21 PM
- What exactly is a ‘large boulder the size of a small boulder’? Tuesday 2:49 PM
- Mom of ‘Success Kid’ says Steve King can’t use her son’s meme for ‘repulsive’ campaign Tuesday 2:00 PM
- Jake Paul can’t escape Logan Paul’s shadow—even if that loyalty has hurt his career Tuesday 1:13 PM
- Kobe Bryant’s Oscar-winning ‘Dear Basketball’ is now available to stream for free (updated) Tuesday 12:21 PM
- ‘Joker’ ad compares Todd Phillips to Gandhi Tuesday 12:10 PM
- Mom learned about her special needs son’s abuse by seeing TikTok video Tuesday 11:21 AM
Snoop Dogg films himself as his alter ego, a white guy named Todd
Snoop Dogg just wants to help white guys connect, we guess.
Rapper Snoop Dogg has had various alter egos (remember when he was Snoop Lion for a hot second?) but his newest creation is even more out of the oridinary. In his spare time Snoop is filming clips of himself as Todd, a white guy pushing a fictional website called White Guys Connect.
Snoop has been posting pictures and videos of himself in whiteface as Todd since Aug. 28, which TrapBeatz has compiled into a minute and a half of Snoop doing his best white guy impression (he likes to “paintball, crochet and a little spoken word in [his] free time”) while pushing the fictional Web service that connects white guys with hot ladies.
We’re just as lost as you. First, why is it called White Guys Connect and isn’t connecting white guys with other white guys? Also, why Snoop is doing this? Like the mysteries of the universe, we may never know the answers to our pressing questions. We can tell you that www.whiteguysconnect.com redirects to the Instagram for someone named rickiswinning, who has only four posts—a BMW, kale, a screenshot of a cheesy quote, and a Yanni concert clip. We’ll admit, that’s pretty white.
A former YouTube reporter for the Daily Dot, Rae Votta has more than a decade of experience in the digital and entertainment industries. Her work has appeared on AOL, Huffington Post, Out Magazine, Logo, VH1, Current TV, Billboard, and NYMag. She joined Netflix in 2016.