- Disabled people with service dogs say Uber, Lyft drivers are denying them rides Today 3:25 PM
- TikTok teen famous for greasy hair ends her 8-year reign Today 2:48 PM
- Police handcuff brown man at subway station for carrying a toy gun Today 1:20 PM
- Fake clip of Sanders quoting infamous ‘hot chip’ tweet is duping people online Today 1:16 PM
- The Mars Volta’s Cedric Bixler-Zavala alleges Scientologists behind dog’s death Today 12:46 PM
- Eminem responds to critics: ‘This album was not made for the squeamish’ Today 12:42 PM
- ‘The poet, the poem’ meme takes iconic lines and turns them into art Today 12:40 PM
- People are making dark memes about the coronavirus Today 12:27 PM
- Trump camp’s ‘head on a pike’ impeachment threat hit with memes Today 11:34 AM
- What is the #FreeBritney movement, and why is Cher tweeting about it? Today 10:52 AM
- This YouTuber claims the Saudi government plotted to kidnap him on U.S. soil Today 10:30 AM
- Report: Jack Dorsey declined to host a fundraiser for Tulsi Gabbard Today 10:22 AM
- Bernie Sanders plugs Joe Rogan endorsement—and women are furious Today 10:04 AM
- Young woman using TikTok to document the end of her life says she’s dying next week Today 8:43 AM
- London’s real-time facial recognition program a ‘breathtaking assault’ on civil rights Today 8:23 AM
Getting dumped two days after prom, while maybe not as bad as getting dumped two days before prom, has to suck pretty hard. All the fond memories seem tainted, and all the hours and days of preparation seem, if not wasted, at least not as worth it.
So who could blame Canadian teen Gabi Dunn for wanting to modify those memories a bit?
She used her Photoshop skills to replace her ex-boyfriend with actor Ryan Reynolds, something a lot of girls probably wish they could do in real life.
“I kind of have a huge love for Ryan Reynolds, and I wasn’t totally feeling myself on prom day, so I wanted to post my look,” Dunn told Yahoo Style, “Who could be a better prom date than him?”
That alone makes for a pretty good story, but things got bumped up to a whole new level when the Deadpool star actually responded, suggesting they should Photoshop him over the ex’s yearbook photo as well.
He even added the hashtag #DontMessWithGabi, which will now probably be the girl’s life motto.
Maybe not surprisingly ex-boyfriend Jeff Bright decided not to heed the warning. Clearly wanting to grab a little viral fame for himself, he tweeted out the unaltered prom photo and mentioned he wouldn’t be going to see the new Deadpool movie but would instead be spending his money on seeing comedian Kevin Hart.
He must talking about the upcoming release of Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle, because tickets to see Kevin Hart live are going to be way more than $11.
High school relationships never really last, and we don’t know the details of the breakup, but throwing shade at a girl you broke up with two days after prom is not a good look. Twitter had no problem letting Bright know whose side they were on.
something tells me that Ryan will be fine without your $11 #dontmesswithgabi— sara jaye (@sarajaye212) July 6, 2017
You dodged a bullet there Gabi! Go find a nice boy !— WW (@wunderwoman170) July 6, 2017
Ooooh little Malfoy's making a damn statement! pic.twitter.com/QwMJIwxppb— Z (@z_kahn92) July 6, 2017
If poking fun at the girl you broke up two days after prom is a bad look, an adult getting in a Twitter war with a child is an even worse one. Reynolds, wisely, didn’t reply to the boy’s tweet.
H/T Yahoo Style
David Britton is a writer and comedian based in Rhinebeck, New York who focuses on internet culture, memes, and viral news stories. He also writes for the Hard Times and is the creator of StoriesAboutWizards.com.