- How to follow along with San Diego Comic Con online 2 Years Ago
- How to live stream the International Champions Cup Today 5:00 AM
- A police union is urging its officers to post ‘The Punisher’ logo Monday 7:33 PM
- Redditors call for a Nestlé boycott through memes Monday 6:16 PM
- How a 10-second Disney jingle became a meme in Thailand Monday 4:48 PM
- Instagram users share photos showing gruesome killing of 17-year-old Bianca Devins Monday 4:33 PM
- The horror game banned for mocking China’s president probably isn’t coming back Monday 3:31 PM
- Cheap vibrators, condoms, and lube: The most satisfying Amazon Prime Day deals Monday 3:07 PM
- George R.R. Martin says fan backlash won’t affect his ‘Game of Thrones’ ending Monday 3:03 PM
- The very finest Area 51 memes Monday 2:52 PM
- Tweet map ranks states where people are boycotting Amazon Prime Day Monday 1:54 PM
- Lil Nas X says he will perform at Area 51 for free Monday 12:56 PM
- The best Prime Day deals for gamers Monday 12:53 PM
- How Republicans are dancing around Trump’s racist tweets Monday 12:42 PM
- Not even anti-immigrant groups are defending Trump’s ‘go back’ tweets Monday 12:37 PM
11 times Michelle Obama’s poker face failed during the inauguration
As Michelle Obama sat through the inauguration ceremony, she seemed to waver between an attempt at a poker face and a Jim Halpert impersonation, gazing into the camera with a look of exasperation that seemed to speak volumes.
Michelle Obama’s lack of a poker face is probably one of the greatest things ever.
— Kiara S. (@KiaraSimonee) January 20, 2017
After eight years in the public eye and a very emotional weeklong farewell tour, can you blame her? There’s no doubt she had plenty of thoughts racing through her head as she reentered life as a private citizen. Just, you know, some of those thoughts were also worn pretty plainly in her expressions.
Here are some of Twitter’s favorites.
I will forever appreciate that Michelle Obama gives us a crisp 25 minutes of faking it before her face can’t hide that she’s ready to go.
— Small Freedia (@KidFury) January 20, 2017
Though she and Barack are taking a vacation to Palm Springs, they’ll be back in action at the Obama Foundation upon their return. Keep an eye on Michelle’s newly reclaimed Twitter handle, @MichelleObama, for all of her faces and thoughts over the coming four years.
Monica Riese now serves as the Daily Dot’s director of production, having previously been the publication’s entertainment editor and assistant managing editor. She is based in Austin, Texas, and formerly contributed to the Austin Chronicle, where her breaking news work was recognized by the Association of Alternative Newsweeklies.