- Instagram and Facebook are reportedly blocking queer ads Friday 8:58 PM
- Review: Tyler Perry’s ‘A Fall From Grace’ is both nonsensical and utterly predictable Friday 6:48 PM
- Is Hulu censoring the Iran episode of Anthony Bourdain’s ‘Parts Unknown’? Friday 6:05 PM
- Trump admin celebrates Michelle Obama’s birthday by proposing rollback of her signature initiative Friday 4:01 PM
- TSA apologizes after agent grabs indigenous woman’s braids, says ‘giddyup’ Friday 3:28 PM
- Blue Bell ice cream licker pleads guilty Friday 2:54 PM
- 7 fortune-telling sites for when you’re bored Friday 2:21 PM
- Governor bans sex puns on free condom wrappers Friday 2:16 PM
- Is Justin Bieber’s ‘Yummy’ video secretly about Pizzagate? Friday 1:01 PM
- Woah Vicky rips out her hair in botched cultural appropriation attempt Friday 12:30 PM
- Here’s an exclusive look at ‘Weathering With You’ Friday 11:57 AM
- TikTok dudes are dipping their balls in soy sauce for ‘science’ Friday 11:49 AM
- Pete Buttigieg’s denial of fixing bread prices becomes its own meme Friday 11:10 AM
- Houston Astros get torched with buzzer memes after new revelation Friday 10:41 AM
- Teens are eating cereal out of each other’s mouths for clout Friday 10:34 AM
As Michelle Obama sat through the inauguration ceremony, she seemed to waver between an attempt at a poker face and a Jim Halpert impersonation, gazing into the camera with a look of exasperation that seemed to speak volumes.
Michelle Obama’s lack of a poker face is probably one of the greatest things ever.
— Kiara S. (@KiaraSimonee) January 20, 2017
After eight years in the public eye and a very emotional weeklong farewell tour, can you blame her? There’s no doubt she had plenty of thoughts racing through her head as she reentered life as a private citizen. Just, you know, some of those thoughts were also worn pretty plainly in her expressions.
Here are some of Twitter’s favorites.
I will forever appreciate that Michelle Obama gives us a crisp 25 minutes of faking it before her face can’t hide that she’s ready to go.
— Small Freedia (@KidFury) January 20, 2017
Though she and Barack are taking a vacation to Palm Springs, they’ll be back in action at the Obama Foundation upon their return. Keep an eye on Michelle’s newly reclaimed Twitter handle, @MichelleObama, for all of her faces and thoughts over the coming four years.
Monica Riese now serves as the Daily Dot’s director of production, having previously been the publication’s entertainment editor and assistant managing editor. She is based in Austin, Texas, and formerly contributed to the Austin Chronicle, where her breaking news work was recognized by the Association of Alternative Newsweeklies.