- Review: Mortal Kombat 11 is bloody brilliant 2 Years Ago
- Twitch streamer’s mom, roommate get into brawl during live broadcast Thursday 8:41 PM
- Top NFL draft pick Nick Bosa scrubs racist, homophobic social media activity Thursday 8:18 PM
- Jared Kushner’s ‘comprehensive immigration plan’ is just 2 bullet points Thursday 8:16 PM
- ‘Lil Billie Xanish’ is the deepfake mashup of Billie Eilish and Lil Xan Thursday 5:10 PM
- Gossip account the Shade Room to launch 3 original series on Instagram Thursday 4:46 PM
- Biden says he asked Obama not to endorse him—but people aren’t buying it Thursday 3:17 PM
- Marvel makes more money than Harry Potter and Star Wars combined Thursday 3:13 PM
- ‘Avengers: Endgame’: Obituaries for the fallen heroes Thursday 2:51 PM
- T-Mobile, Verizon admit most Americans won’t see fast 5G Thursday 1:52 PM
- PlayStation Vue is offering a sweet streaming deal for a limited time Thursday 1:42 PM
- Twitter reportedly worried banning white nationalists would also flag some Republicans Thursday 1:31 PM
- Lawyer of cop in viral assault case calls the crime a ‘Facebook misdemeanor’ Thursday 12:33 PM
- Biden’s ‘all men’-focused announcement gets roasted Thursday 11:49 AM
- Skillshare is offering new users one month of premium for free Thursday 10:44 AM
11 times Michelle Obama’s poker face failed during the inauguration
As Michelle Obama sat through the inauguration ceremony, she seemed to waver between an attempt at a poker face and a Jim Halpert impersonation, gazing into the camera with a look of exasperation that seemed to speak volumes.
Michelle Obama’s lack of a poker face is probably one of the greatest things ever.
— Kiara S. (@KiaraSimonee) January 20, 2017
After eight years in the public eye and a very emotional weeklong farewell tour, can you blame her? There’s no doubt she had plenty of thoughts racing through her head as she reentered life as a private citizen. Just, you know, some of those thoughts were also worn pretty plainly in her expressions.
Here are some of Twitter’s favorites.
I will forever appreciate that Michelle Obama gives us a crisp 25 minutes of faking it before her face can’t hide that she’s ready to go.
— Small Freedia (@KidFury) January 20, 2017
Though she and Barack are taking a vacation to Palm Springs, they’ll be back in action at the Obama Foundation upon their return. Keep an eye on Michelle’s newly reclaimed Twitter handle, @MichelleObama, for all of her faces and thoughts over the coming four years.
Monica Riese now serves as the Daily Dot’s director of production, having previously been the publication’s entertainment editor and assistant managing editor. She is based in Austin, Texas, and formerly contributed to the Austin Chronicle, where her breaking news work was recognized by the Association of Alternative Newsweeklies.