- How to stream Browns vs. Rams on Sunday Night Football Today 6:00 AM
- How to watch ‘NFL Primetime’ on ESPN+ Today 5:00 AM
- How to stream Liverpool vs. Chelsea Friday 6:45 PM
- How to stream Real Madrid vs. Sevilla Friday 6:35 PM
- How to stream Peter ‘Kid Chocolate’ Quillin vs. Alfredo Angulo Friday 5:16 PM
- How to stream Barcelona vs. Granada Friday 4:50 PM
- ‘Atlantics’ tells a ghost story steeped with emotion and realism Friday 4:16 PM
- ‘Jojo Rabbit’ is a sweet, singular movie that loses its grip on satire Friday 3:40 PM
- Jordan Peterson is in rehab for Klonopin addiction Friday 3:34 PM
- The cat-worshipping turkey cult video, explained Friday 3:22 PM
- Despite legal threats and drama, the Area 51 desert event is on Friday 3:05 PM
- How to stream Yair Rodriguez vs. Jeremy Stephens on UFC Fight Night Friday 3:00 PM
- Twitter just launched its ‘Hide Replies’ feature Friday 1:59 PM
- How to turn off image metadata before it snitches on you Friday 1:36 PM
- The ‘Breaking Bad’ movie is coming to theaters—for one weekend only Friday 1:04 PM
View this post on Instagram
Wilfred is on tenterhooks waiting for the ⚽️ match tonight! He's barely touched his kibbles this morning he's that anxious! #comeonengland #worldcupfever #worldcup2018 #itscominghome . . . . #england #worldcup #footballscominghome #garethsouthgate #football #worldcuprussia #fifa #fifa18 #catsofinstagram #cats_of_instagram #thedodo #petsofinstagram #theellenshow #9gag #buzzfeed #buzzfeedanimals
A post shared by Wilfred Warrior (@wilfredwarrior) on
Wilfred has over 72,000 followers on Instagram, but a recent video of the cat has launched him from cult hit, to viral superstardom. The original video, posted by his owner on August 7, was fairly cute and amusing, showing Wilfred having a bit of a staring contest with another kitty.
But on November 11, actor and comedian Michael Rapaport posted a dubbed-over video to both Instagram and Twitter where he appears to freak out about the “weird fucking stray cat” outside his house, which he says looks like his grandma.
Sure Rapaport had some funny moments in The War at Home but this voiceover might just be the most hilarious thing he’s ever done. Twitter certainly seems to think so at any rate.
LMAO I just watched this so many times— krishelle (@evolsylv) November 13, 2018
Lucy’s face tells it all. That’s Ray Ray from down the way. She gave him some of that kitty, and now he’s sprung. Young love is a weirdly, beautiful thing, no?— Tisha Cee (@TishaCee1) November 11, 2018
Although several people didn’t know that the video was edited and worried about the poor unfortunate-looking feline.
I know you’re just making fun but if the cat needs a home I’ll gladly adopt him/her.— Makeuptalent (@Makeuptalent) November 13, 2018
But there’s nothing to fear. Wilfred Warrior is safe and apparently quite happy. Here he is snuggling with his owner, who obviously loves him very much.
Which just goes to show, there’s someone out there for everyone, even if you’re an extremely weird-looking cat.
David Britton is a writer and comedian based in Rhinebeck, New York who focuses on internet culture, memes, and viral news stories. He also writes for the Hard Times and is the creator of StoriesAboutWizards.com.