- Trump’s handwritten ‘I WANT NOTHING’ note gets memed Today 12:57 PM
- Facebook quietly launched a meme generator app called Whale Today 12:40 PM
- How to watch tonight’s fire Warriors vs. Mavericks matchup online Today 12:14 PM
- Android security flaw could have let hackers hijack your phone’s camera Today 12:10 PM
- How Julia Roberts playing Harriet Tubman became a meme Today 12:01 PM
- Woman banned from Instagram for sharing d*ck pic she didn’t ask for (updated) Today 11:55 AM
- People risking concussions for new TikTok challenge Today 11:14 AM
- A ‘Joker’ sequel could be in the works from Warner Bros. (updated) Today 11:06 AM
- Is Jake Paul going to fight again? There are plenty of clues Today 10:57 AM
- Ghostemane concert abruptly canceled amid ‘safety concerns’ and reported gun threat Today 10:41 AM
- Trump Jr. retweets UFC fighter who called troop a ‘douche bag’ Today 10:26 AM
- The best apps and gadgets for cooking the perfect Thanksgiving feast Today 10:22 AM
- Amazon says police can hold on to Ring videos indefinitely Today 9:42 AM
- Henry Cavill on the prospect of playing Superman again: ‘the cape is still in the closet’ Today 9:15 AM
- Why does Pete Buttigieg always tweet ‘buh’? Today 9:08 AM
View this post on Instagram
Wilfred is on tenterhooks waiting for the ⚽️ match tonight! He's barely touched his kibbles this morning he's that anxious! #comeonengland #worldcupfever #worldcup2018 #itscominghome . . . . #england #worldcup #footballscominghome #garethsouthgate #football #worldcuprussia #fifa #fifa18 #catsofinstagram #cats_of_instagram #thedodo #petsofinstagram #theellenshow #9gag #buzzfeed #buzzfeedanimals
A post shared by Wilfred Warrior (@wilfredwarrior) on
Wilfred has over 72,000 followers on Instagram, but a recent video of the cat has launched him from cult hit, to viral superstardom. The original video, posted by his owner on August 7, was fairly cute and amusing, showing Wilfred having a bit of a staring contest with another kitty.
But on November 11, actor and comedian Michael Rapaport posted a dubbed-over video to both Instagram and Twitter where he appears to freak out about the “weird fucking stray cat” outside his house, which he says looks like his grandma.
Sure Rapaport had some funny moments in The War at Home but this voiceover might just be the most hilarious thing he’s ever done. Twitter certainly seems to think so at any rate.
LMAO I just watched this so many times— krishelle (@evolsylv) November 13, 2018
Lucy’s face tells it all. That’s Ray Ray from down the way. She gave him some of that kitty, and now he’s sprung. Young love is a weirdly, beautiful thing, no?— Tisha Cee (@TishaCee1) November 11, 2018
Although several people didn’t know that the video was edited and worried about the poor unfortunate-looking feline.
I know you’re just making fun but if the cat needs a home I’ll gladly adopt him/her.— Makeuptalent (@Makeuptalent) November 13, 2018
But there’s nothing to fear. Wilfred Warrior is safe and apparently quite happy. Here he is snuggling with his owner, who obviously loves him very much.
Which just goes to show, there’s someone out there for everyone, even if you’re an extremely weird-looking cat.
David Britton is a writer and comedian based in Rhinebeck, New York who focuses on internet culture, memes, and viral news stories. He also writes for the Hard Times and is the creator of StoriesAboutWizards.com.