- Trump continues to tweet as House gears up to condemn his racist tweets 10 Months Ago
- Your therapist probably wouldn’t approve of this meme 10 Months Ago
- Batman Talisman finally lets the villains rule Gotham City Today 8:22 AM
- Controversial #ICEBae divides social media Today 8:22 AM
- Why Veronica Mars doesn’t drop any F-bombs in Hulu’s adult-rated revival Today 7:11 AM
- Netflix’s ‘Taco Chronicles’ will make your heart soar and mouth water Today 7:00 AM
- The view of Prime Day from Amazon’s warehouse strike Today 6:30 AM
- Conspiracy theorists think underground nukes are to blame for California’s earthquakes Today 6:30 AM
- How to follow along with San Diego Comic Con online Today 6:00 AM
- How to live stream the International Champions Cup Today 5:00 AM
- A police union is urging its officers to post ‘The Punisher’ logo Monday 7:33 PM
- Redditors call for a Nestlé boycott through memes Monday 6:16 PM
- How a 10-second Disney jingle became a meme in Thailand Monday 4:48 PM
- Instagram users share photos showing gruesome killing of 17-year-old Bianca Devins Monday 4:33 PM
- The horror game banned for mocking China’s president probably isn’t coming back Monday 3:31 PM
Jake Gyllenhaal’s headphone-chewing days are finally behind him
No cord? No problem.
Have you heard the news? It appears actor Jake Gyllenhaal has finally discovered an alternative to the non-nutritional value gnawing on his iPhone earbuds had previously offered him.
Previously, Gyllenhaal has been photographed several times jetting around the city with the cord to his ear buds dangling from his mouth as he carried it in his mouth like a cow chewing its cud. BuzzFeed was rightly concerned, penning a fun little letter to Jake in 2014 suggesting what might be appropriate for him to eat instead.
We’ve all been a little worried for him because wires can’t taste that good, and there’s a ton of other food you can dine on instead. Plus, if you chew on those poor things hard enough, they just won’t work anymore!
Good news for anyone concerned about Gyllenhaal’s well-being: It appears that sometime in the last year or so he’s upgraded significantly, ditching the corded earbuds for Apple’s cordless AirPods. Given how often the actor was photographed chewing on his stalwart headphones before, it’s kind of weird to see that going the way of the dinosaur.
People are, understandably, here for it. A viral tweet this week referred to the change as the “end of an era.”
the end of an era pic.twitter.com/A6N7dSX6tN— darko (@gyllnhal) September 3, 2018
@ashtonkerr4 I wish I was the headphone cord— Que (@kingkeyuri) September 4, 2018
He ate the cords, all of em, that's why their wireless now— maintaining radio silence from now on (@caffene) September 5, 2018
Congratulations for moving on up in the world, Jake!
Jake Gyllenhaal wearing 1 Apple AirPod™ (2017) pic.twitter.com/jdhTaY8JVD— alex (@uhhdamn) August 22, 2017
But maybe he didn’t actually buy new headphones and he just ate the rest of the cord, as this Twitter user suggests.
they're the same headphones... he just finally ate the whole wire— IAN MARTIN (@ianmart1n) September 4, 2018
Maybe he had to upgrade because he was, I don’t know, CONSTANTLY CHEWING ON THE OLD PAIR?
It was fun while it lasted, watching “Jakey-poo” chew on the earbud cords, but all good things must come to an end. Hopefully, he’s no longer starving and his appetite for delicious electronics has been sated.
This should’ve been the ad for AirPods.— It’s A Great Time Out! (@AGreatTimeOut) September 5, 2018
Here you go, Apple. Your next big great idea. You’re welcome.
Brittany Vincent has covered gaming, anime, tech, and entertainment for over a decade. When she’s not writing, she’s replaying Um Jammer Lammy or Day of the Tentacle for the hundredth time while pining for a Harvester sequel. Find her on Twitter @MolotovCupcake.