- Twitch streamer’s mom, roommate get into brawl during live broadcast Thursday 8:41 PM
- Top NFL draft pick Nick Bosa scrubs racist, homophobic social media activity Thursday 8:18 PM
- Jared Kushner’s ‘comprehensive immigration plan’ is just 2 bullet points Thursday 8:16 PM
- ‘Lil Billie Xanish’ is the deepfake mashup of Billie Eilish and Lil Xan Thursday 5:10 PM
- Gossip account the Shade Room to launch 3 original series on Instagram Thursday 4:46 PM
- Biden says he asked Obama not to endorse him—but people aren’t buying it Thursday 3:17 PM
- Marvel makes more money than Harry Potter and Star Wars combined Thursday 3:13 PM
- ‘Avengers: Endgame’: Obituaries for the fallen heroes Thursday 2:51 PM
- T-Mobile, Verizon admit most Americans won’t see fast 5G Thursday 1:52 PM
- PlayStation Vue is offering a sweet streaming deal for a limited time Thursday 1:42 PM
- Twitter reportedly worried banning white nationalists would also flag some Republicans Thursday 1:31 PM
- Lawyer of cop in viral assault case calls the crime a ‘Facebook misdemeanor’ Thursday 12:33 PM
- Biden’s ‘all men’-focused announcement gets roasted Thursday 11:49 AM
- Skillshare is offering new users one month of premium for free Thursday 10:44 AM
- Report: Facebook is punishing Black people for talking about racism (updated) Thursday 10:15 AM
Jake Gyllenhaal’s headphone-chewing days are finally behind him
No cord? No problem.
Have you heard the news? It appears actor Jake Gyllenhaal has finally discovered an alternative to the non-nutritional value gnawing on his iPhone earbuds had previously offered him.
Previously, Gyllenhaal has been photographed several times jetting around the city with the cord to his ear buds dangling from his mouth as he carried it in his mouth like a cow chewing its cud. BuzzFeed was rightly concerned, penning a fun little letter to Jake in 2014 suggesting what might be appropriate for him to eat instead.
We’ve all been a little worried for him because wires can’t taste that good, and there’s a ton of other food you can dine on instead. Plus, if you chew on those poor things hard enough, they just won’t work anymore!
Good news for anyone concerned about Gyllenhaal’s well-being: It appears that sometime in the last year or so he’s upgraded significantly, ditching the corded earbuds for Apple’s cordless AirPods. Given how often the actor was photographed chewing on his stalwart headphones before, it’s kind of weird to see that going the way of the dinosaur.
People are, understandably, here for it. A viral tweet this week referred to the change as the “end of an era.”
the end of an era pic.twitter.com/A6N7dSX6tN
— darko (@gyllnhal) September 3, 2018
@ashtonkerr4 I wish I was the headphone cord
— Que (@kingkeyuri) September 4, 2018
He ate the cords, all of em, that's why their wireless now
— maintaining radio silence from now on (@caffene) September 5, 2018
Congratulations for moving on up in the world, Jake!
Jake Gyllenhaal wearing 1 Apple AirPod™ (2017) pic.twitter.com/jdhTaY8JVD
— alex (@uhhdamn) August 22, 2017
But maybe he didn’t actually buy new headphones and he just ate the rest of the cord, as this Twitter user suggests.
they're the same headphones… he just finally ate the whole wire
— IAN MARTIN (@ianmart1n) September 4, 2018
Maybe he had to upgrade because he was, I don’t know, CONSTANTLY CHEWING ON THE OLD PAIR?
Maybe you wouldn't need a new fancy wireless set if you didn't constantly chew the old wired ones 😁
— Ryan Spooner (@Ry5ter) September 4, 2018
It was fun while it lasted, watching “Jakey-poo” chew on the earbud cords, but all good things must come to an end. Hopefully, he’s no longer starving and his appetite for delicious electronics has been sated.
This should’ve been the ad for AirPods.
— It’s A Great Time Out! (@AGreatTimeOut) September 5, 2018
Here you go, Apple. Your next big great idea. You’re welcome.
Brittany Vincent has covered gaming, anime, tech, and entertainment for over a decade. When she’s not writing, she’s replaying Um Jammer Lammy or Day of the Tentacle for the hundredth time while pining for a Harvester sequel. Find her on Twitter @MolotovCupcake.