- The best wireless gaming headsets under $100 5 Months Ago
- Trump demands networks blacklist these guests—including prominent Democrats 5 Months Ago
- Bookworms! Now’s your chance to grab 3 months of Amazon Music for free 5 Months Ago
- You can get paid $1,000 to binge-watch the first 20 Marvel movies 5 Months Ago
- The ‘flat stomach’ meme has morphed into the ‘pregnant mom’ meme Today 8:43 AM
- Get 6 months free with this sweet Amazon Music Unlimited offer Today 8:30 AM
- Zoie Burgher tweets details about supposed threesome with FaZe Pamaj, Abigale Mandler Today 8:09 AM
- How to stream MLB Network for free Today 8:05 AM
- BTS fans at war over these divisive Mattel dolls Today 7:38 AM
- ‘ReMastered: The Miami Showband Massacre’ revisits one of Ireland’s greatest tragedies Today 7:00 AM
- 12 underrated Netflix comedy specials you should watch now Today 7:00 AM
- Debunking the biggest Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez conspiracy theories Today 6:30 AM
- How to make calls on Google Home Today 6:00 AM
- We now probably know the final runtime for ‘Avengers: Endgame’ Monday 11:06 PM
- Cardi B says she drugged, robbed men in her past on Instagram Live Monday 8:03 PM
Watch how high a bowling ball bounces when it’s dropped off a 540-foot dam
Most of what the How Ridiculous YouTube channel has been producing lately involves dropping household items, bowling balls, giant darts, and a 60-pound ice block off the top of a 150-foot tower. All of that is fun and instructive, and it produces tens of millions of pageviews for the Australian YouTubers.
But what would happen if they dropped a bowling ball from a height more than three times as high as that tower? Perhaps more than three times the amount of destruction? Or just a reverberating bounce that can go as high as a house?
In the latest episode of How Ridiculous dropping things from absurdly high places, the crew visits a 540-foot (165-meter) dam in Switzerland. The YouTubers have brought along a bowling ball, baseball, GoPro, and, of course, a trampoline.
The first test of the bowling ball (so they could see where to place the trampoline) absolutely destroyed it when it smashed into the concrete structure of the dam. The second ball got decimated in the exact same way, and it sounded like a gunshot when it exploded.
So, How Ridiculous had to return to the dam on a different day to try again. Here’s what happened then.
Aside from the fun of seeing what kind of impact a 10-pound bowling ball can make upon an innocent trampoline, it’s also visually impressive to watch it fall so far so fast and (eventually) strike the intended target from such a great distance.
Plus, seeing a bowling ball get smashed to bits is exhilarating every time out.
Josh Katzowitz is a staff writer at the Daily Dot specializing in YouTube and boxing. His work has appeared in the New York Times, Wall Street Journal, Washington Post, and Los Angeles Times. A longtime sports writer, he's covered the NFL for CBSSports.com and boxing for Forbes. His work has been noted twice in the Best American Sports Writing book series.